• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why didn't Obama call negative coverage the White Devil News?

Winston

Advanced stage dementia patient pls support my run
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
How would you of felt if Obama constantly berated negative coverage as the White Devil news?

How would you of felt if Obama constantly berated negative coverage as the White Devil news?

Not sure what the "white devil" reference is, but he did berate negative coverage and tried to ban Fox News from the White House press corps.

Not sure what the "white devil" reference is, but he did berate negative coverage and tried to ban Fox News from the White House press corps.

I cannot find anything that supports the claim that Obama attempted to ban Fox News from the White House press corps.

Last edited:
I cannot find anything that supports the claim that Obama attempted to ban Fox News from the White House press corps.

I can't find anything that supports the claim that Trump attempted to ban CNN from the WH press corps.

You think if Trump would have placed opposing news people under secret investigation, like slenderman misadministration spying on the FOX news journalist James Rosen and his parents...which is ostensibly worse than taking away the press pass of a constant annoying self absorbed showboat, that you folks wouldn't birth a cow screaming to low heavens?

Right.

And its not "you of", your "of" should be a form, a contraction form of have... so you've...

Just saying.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-obamas-feud-with-fox-news/

Last Sept. 20, the president went on every Sunday news show - except Chris Wallace's show on FOX. And on Thursday, the Treasury Department tried to exclude FOX News from pool coverage of interviews with a key official. It backed down after strong protests from the press.

Obama backed down after the press pushed back. That's the difference. Obama didn't call FOX an enemy of the people, speculate about the possibility of revoking its' FCC license, encourage his supporters too boo FOX at rallies or assault FOX reporters. Of course we cant expect the Trump stooges to see the difference.

Last edited:

Because it would have been stupid of Obama to engage the press, or "whatever negative coverage," that did not like him in a manner Trump has done so.

How on earth did you get that from what was actually posted?

Listen, its really not difficult to reason if you have the capacity. Trump never tried to ban CNN, so why would the ill informed poster bring up banning Fox? If there is another implication of the silly post, I am listening... and if its truly silly, I am sure you are in possession of those telling 'facts'.

What other implication were you going off half cocked shooting at then, eh? If not, what were you even trying to convey... an unreasoned non sequitur, perhaps?

I was asking for support for your claim. There is literally no other way my post could be interpreted as an implication to anything other than asking for someone to back up their claim.

Weird. Neither of these articles have anything that says the Obama White House tried to ban journalists.

I never claimed that he did thus the explicit use of "different methods" in that post.

Weird. Neither of these articles have anything that says the Obama White House tried to ban journalists.

OK. Refuse to see what's right in front of you. I will waste no further time on you.

The Right would have ridiculed him as being a racist Kenyan Muslim sleeper agent.....oh, wait, they did!

Although I strongly disagree with Obama and think he was too "touchy feely" to be President (although he's a great community organizer!), he also has too much class and respect for the office and his oath to shoult bald-face lies like "White Devil news".

"White Devil" is just a branding aimed at exploitation. He could have concocted that branding as a defense against negative coverage. Would you agree using the bully pulpit to attack the news in that way would've been the right thing to do?

I would like to see where Obama has berated the news and then we can compare that to what Trump has said of the fake news, enemy of the people.

Because it would have been stupid of Obama to engage the press, or "whatever negative coverage," that did not like him in a manner Trump has done so.

I think it would have been wrong.

But, maybe not stupid.

Republicans would have impeached him and hauled him off to the funny farm.

"White Devil" is just a branding aimed at exploitation. He could have concocted that branding as a defense against negative coverage. Would you agree using the bully pulpit to attack the news in that way would've been the right thing to do?

I really have no idea what you think you're on about here.

I would like to see where Obama has berated the news and then we can compare that to what Trump has said of the fake news, enemy of the people.

Obama's hostility toward the press was noted again and again and again during his Presidency.

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-b...s-legacy-will-be-one-of-secrecy-and-hostility

Back
Top Bottom