• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why did you vote for Trump?

• Trump is like a monkey throwing its feces at tourists. It's funny.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I support gun rights and Trump will appoint conservative judges

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I support a ban on abortion and Trump will appoint conservative justices

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I think Trump is the best qualified for the job

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Not having had a lobotomy, I didn't.

lol

(1)Hillary is a criminal.

(2)I cannot stand bureaucratic pretentious liberal politicians.

(3)Obama wasn't doing --- about Extremist Terrorism.

(4)Obamacare was an absolute mess, bankrupting Americans left and right.

One, two and three. Plus he wasn't Hillary.

I for one, would sincerely & respectfully want to hear the rationale. I'm suspecting 'Judges' ranks very high, along with 'America First' & 'Taxes'.

I for one, would sincerely & respectfully want to hear the rationale. I'm suspecting 'Judges' ranks very high, along with 'America First' & 'Taxes'.

Forget this thread. There will only be monkey-feces throwing here. If you want a much less stupid and less noisy answer, listen to the latest episode of Left, Right and Center.

Diaries of a Divided Nation: 7 perspectives on a historic year in America

Or subscribe on your preferred podcast app on your preferred mobile device and listen to it there.

Forget this thread. There will only be monkey-feces throwing here. If you want a much less stupid and less noisy answer, listen to the latest episode of Left, Right and Center.

Diaries of a Divided Nation: 7 perspectives on a historic year in America

Or subscribe on your preferred podcast app on your preferred mobile device and listen to it there.
Hey, that was pretty good. Thanks!

And catch this, from the women selling Trump merchandise:

What’s his name, Fauci, this expert is the one that's telling us, you know, 200,000 people are going to die if we don't do all this. And then the next thing you know, it's, ‘Well, maybe our numbers were a little off.’ It's like global warming. It's all a model, and it's all turned out to be seriously wrong.”
*bolding mine

Damn! Ironically prophetic, and she didn't even know it! :doh

Supreme court picks and federal judges are really important, and Trump is much more likely to choose people who will at least try to reduce the power of the state over the people.

Trump has turned out to be the most anti-war president any of us have had in our lifetimes, although his views on trade are both ignorant and stupid and can lead to war.

He's better for gun rights than the alternative.

Hey, that was pretty good. Thanks!

And catch this, from the women selling Trump merchandise:

*bolding mine

Damn! Ironically prophetic, and she didn't even know it! :doh

I would suggest listening to the podcast. Those are just snippets and the whole thing is more humanizing.

I would suggest listening to the podcast. Those are just snippets and the whole thing is more humanizing.
Doing it, as we speak! Yeah, good stuff! :thumbs:

Crazy as it sounds, I like the accent of the women from Appalachia. And the store owner from Texas seems like a genuine decent guy. A Trump supporter I could get along with, I think. But the women from Michigan? Marone!

Oh, the Catholic guy from Virginia? Different education & income levels from my folks, but those Catholic rubrics were right out of my childhood! Latin! Praying! And lots of it!

Crazy as it sounds, I like the accent of the women from Appalachia. And the store owner from Texas seems like a genuine decent guy. A Trump supporter I could get along with, I think. But the women from Michigan? Marone!

Oh, the Catholic guy from Virginia? Different education & income levels from my folks, but those Catholic rubrics were right out of my childhood! Latin! Praying! And lots of it!

Ozark made me forgive the "hillbilly accent." Julia Garner combined with her performance in Maniac gave me a sweet spot for that accent. Well, not the accent, but Julia Garner.

Okay, maybe I just have a crush on Julia Garner.

Ozark gave me a bit of a sweet spot for the "hillbilly accent." Julia Garner combined with her performance in Maniac gave me a sweet spot for that accent. Well, not the accent, but Julia Garner.

Okay, maybe I just have a crush on Julia Garner.
Ozarks? Never heard of it 'till I wiki'd it. Naperville to the Ozarks for money laundering? Definitely's got my interest!

BTW - I once dated a girl from Tennessee. There was some of that accent, in her. She was unbelievably honest, genuine, and down to earth. And always seemed to speak directly from her soul. But I was a city-boy wanting a faster life chasing the city-girls, so that was that. I didn't stay too long with one, back then. And I made no exception for her. Not long after, I heard she was back in Tennessee.

Ozarks? Never heard of it 'till I wiki'd it. Naperville to the Ozarks for money laundering? Definitely's got my interest!

BTW - I once dated a girl from Tennessee. There was some of that accent, in her. She was unbelievably honest, genuine, and down to earth. And always seemed to speak directly from her soul. But I was a city-boy wanting a faster life chasing the city-girls, so that was that. I didn't stay too long with one, back then. And I made no exception for her. Not long after, I heard she was back in Tennessee.

Ozark...singular. The show put most business into glaring perspective...including my own.. It’s a damn fine story, though it occasionally appeals to incredulity that would get you killed in fifteen seconds flat if you tried repeating certain characters’ actions.

One of the show’s central figures also creates a surprising distinction between hillbillies and rednecks, a conflict I didn’t even know existed until the show. I wonder if that conflict is real or if it was invented for narrative convenience.

Ozark...singular. The show put most business into glaring perspective...including my own.. It’s a damn fine story, though it occasionally appeals to incredulity that would get you killed in fifteen seconds flat if you tried repeating certain characters’ actions.

One of the show’s central figures also creates a surprising distinction between hillbillies and rednecks, a conflict I didn’t even know existed until the show. I wonder if that conflict is real or if it was invented for narrative convenience.
In my mind there's definitely a distinction between the two. In common colloquial terms, anyway.

EhmCffPXYAAo7_T

The only honest answer any of these Trump voters can provide us is that they are angry people who gave up any shred of decency they once aspired to in order to keep Hillary from becoming POTUS. Now you have to ask yourself what in the world did she do to elicit this type of hatred. Absolutely nothing but there is a segment of our population that has lapped up right wing bull to the point where they could stand in for a bull if a rancher needed one to breed with a cow. There is absolutely no rational reason why anyone could possibly think Trump was more qualified then Hillary. Sorry Trumpers, but you revealed yourselves with your votes.

People don't vote Trump because they are racist or evil. People vote Trump because they have been thoroughly convinced that Democrats are going to culturally marginalize them, take away everything they care about, and then burn their country to ashes. This is not hyperbole, this is what way too many Republicans honestly believe thanks to the incessant fear mongering of conservative propaganda, and for most of them no amount of rational discourse or historical hindsight can penetrate this desperately held belief.

Democrats would do well to remember this: By far the vast majority of Trump supporters are motivated, first and foremost, by existential dread.

People don't vote Trump because they are racist or evil. People vote Trump because they have been thoroughly convinced that Democrats are going to culturally marginalize them, take away everything they care about, and then burn their country to ashes. This is not hyperbole, this is what way too many Republicans honestly believe thanks to the incessant fear mongering of conservative propaganda, and for most of them no amount of rational discourse or historical hindsight can penetrate this desperately held belief.

Democrats would do well to remember this: By far the vast majority of Trump supporters are motivated, first and foremost, by existential dread.

Don't pretend that you can speak for Trump voters/supporters.
All one would have to do is to read the thousands of DP posts from Trump resistors since election day to understand why I'm motivated to vote for Trump.
If I had a nickel for every post where a Trump supporter was vehemently and incorrectly tagged with one of the basket of deplorable labels meant to marginalize... It didn't work in the 2016 election cycle, and it sure as hell is not going to work now. Many, some just like you, are slow learners.

Don't insult us.

Because Democrats are pro-abortion, anti-gun, anti-police, pro-violence, anti-America, pro-high taxation, pro giveaways to foreign nations.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Democrats are pro-CHOICE, pro-SAFETY, pro-EQUALITY, and pro-AMERICA. They have always opposed giving stuff away to foreign countries and every type of violent crime.

Don't pretend that you can speak for Trump voters/supporters.
All one would have to do is to read the thousands of DP posts from Trump resistors since election day to understand why I'm motivated to vote for Trump.
If I had a nickel for every post where a Trump supporter was vehemently and incorrectly tagged with one of the basket of deplorable labels meant to marginalize... It didn't work in the 2016 election cycle, and it sure as hell is not going to work now. Many, some just like you, are slow learners.

Don't insult us.

You speak for yourselves, and you all have one thing in common:

You fear Democrats enough to elect a complete idiot into the oval office so long as he claims to be a Republican. Because anything is better than four more years of Democrat rule. You conveniently ignore that 8 years of Democrat control resulted in economic growth and no one took your guns nor did illegal aliens take over your city and make you learn Spanish.

And now you are finding the shoe on the other foot. Because now thanks to your election of an idiot into the White House and the subsequent disintegration of any chance at unity and rational political discourse, Democrats now fear Republicans enough to elect anyone into the White House who claims to be a Democrat. Because anything is better than four more years of Trump.

This is what comes of voting out of irrational fear of the other side rather than voting for the best candidate. If you get it wrong, you might get an even worse candidate next time.

If Biden wins in November, let's hope Democrats didn't fall into the same trap Republicans did in 2016, or we'll likely be in for yet another idiot in 2024 or 2028 when the rubber-band snaps back to the right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom