• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why did you pick atheism?

Hijacked?? What complete bullshit that is. What were you expecting when you started this thread?

Weak stance??? Now that's epic bullshit there. What's weak about any DP atheist's stance?
His claim is an act of projection on his part. His claim about atheists attacking the bible has also never been true. He cannot prove that his god exists in any objective manner, so he attacks everyone else in response.

Interesting debate strategy. Let me play this game:
There is a God but you atheists are not consciously aware of it.
Yes! Another debate win for me.
Your unsupported claims are an opinion that you cannot defend in any rational manner.

Last edited:
Speaking of missing a point.
Of course I wanted atheists to give opinions but I was hoping they would give opinions about the question that was asked.....not get off topic. But, like I said, deflection is what you do when you get in trouble. The next thing you know they'll be debating the designated hitter controversy in baseball here.

Go Cards!

Hijacked?? What complete bullshit that is. What were you expecting when you started this thread?

Weak stance??? Now that's epic bullshit there. What's weak about any DP atheist's stance?

And he's steadily ignored my post 47...which was on-topic and civil.

IMO because it asks him some tough questions he doesnt want to address.

And he's steadily ignored my post 47...which was on-topic and civil.

IMO because it asks him some tough questions he doesnt want to address.
Read the OP thoroughly. This thread isn't about getting honest, genuine feedback from atheists. It's clearly designed to mock and bash atheists.

Interesting debate strategy.
It wasn't a "strategy", it was an observation, one I backed up with reasoning.

It wasn't the core point of that post though, so maybe you could address my comments on your actual question? The TLDR response to your OP question is "Nobody chooses." :cool:

like I said, deflection is what you do when you get in trouble.
That is exactly what you’re doing.

Your thread was not hijacked, you are just deflecting because your post has been flogged without mercy.

Just throw the white flag and walk away silently.

Logic. No evidence, no God. Same as Santa Claus or the Yeti or Thor.
The evidence isn't for you to see.

Psalm 14:1 The fool in his heart, says there is no God.

From the same book that never once condemned slavery, but does in fact tell you its okay beat your slaves as long as they don’t die directly from the beating.

A closed mind and heart will never see the evidence, no matter how much there is right in front of him...

Read the OP thoroughly. This thread isn't about getting honest, genuine feedback from atheists. It's clearly designed to mock and bash atheists.
It was not intended to mock or bash. I've been on the forums long enough to know I would get mocked and bashed by atheists and I would be outnumbered.
It just boggles my mind why anybody would pick a path that they knew was destined to end unhappily over one that at least, has a chance of ending well. Why would you want to run a race when you knew you were going to finish in a last place eternal death? How can an otherwise intelligent human being get any satisfaction out of life, knowing that it will be over, the Earth will be be gone someday, and then what's left of the Milky Way Galaxy and all the other intelligent life in it will poof away in slow motion over time? And that will be followed by the cruel heat death of the entire Universe.
I'm certainly not using that as evidence God exists. But I am certain that I could never choose that dark path and call myself happy and enlightened. How do you pull off that trick?
Religion offers an alternative to all this and gives hope. Atheism offers none. Religion offers eternal love. Atheists love but they know it will last the blink of an eye. Religion offers deep meaning. Atheism offers shallow satisfaction.
Despite shortcomings in my debate skills, there are literally thousands of books out there written by authors much smarter than my debate opponents here that could explain things better than me. Their wisdom offers much. Atheism offers a fate worse than death, the promise of eternal meaninglessness....in fact, the highest level of meaninglessness, non-existence.
I truly feel sorry for atheists. I'm sure they feel sorry for me too. But there is one thing I have that they don't, something to look forward to. And as the Wager goes, if I am wrong I have wasted a lifetime. If they are wrong they've wasted eternity.

It just boggles my mind why anybody would pick a path that they knew was destined to end unhappily
And just what makes you think atheists "would pick a path they know is destined to end unhappily"?

the Earth will be be gone someday
Will it?

"A generation is going, and a generation is coming,
But the earth remains forever." Ecclesiastes 1:4

"He made his sanctuary as enduring as the heavens,
Like the earth that he has established forever." Psalm 78:69

"He has established the earth on its foundations;
It will not be moved from its place forever and ever." Psalm 104:5

It was not intended to mock or bash. I've been on the forums long enough to know I would get mocked and bashed by atheists and I would be outnumbered.
It just boggles my mind why anybody would pick a path that they knew was destined to end unhappily over one that at least, has a chance of ending well. Why would you want to run a race when you knew you were going to finish in a last place eternal death? How can an otherwise intelligent human being get any satisfaction out of life, knowing that it will be over, the Earth will be be gone someday, and then what's left of the Milky Way Galaxy and all the other intelligent life in it will poof away in slow motion over time? And that will be followed by the cruel heat death of the entire Universe.
I'm certainly not using that as evidence God exists. But I am certain that I could never choose that dark path and call myself happy and enlightened. How do you pull off that trick?
Religion offers an alternative to all this and gives hope. Atheism offers none. Religion offers eternal love. Atheists love but they know it will last the blink of an eye. Religion offers deep meaning. Atheism offers shallow satisfaction.
Despite shortcomings in my debate skills, there are literally thousands of books out there written by authors much smarter than my debate opponents here that could explain things better than me. Their wisdom offers much. Atheism offers a fate worse than death, the promise of eternal meaninglessness....in fact, the highest level of meaninglessness, non-existence.
I truly feel sorry for atheists. I'm sure they feel sorry for me too. But there is one thing I have that they don't, something to look forward to. And as the Wager goes, if I am wrong I have wasted a lifetime. If they are wrong they've wasted eternity.

What a truly hateful post. Yes, this is where it ALWAYS ends with the "believers". No matter what other arguments they present, it ALWAYS ends with a variation of the threat of "eternal damnation" when they run out of reasoned argumentation. This is just the latest example. I've never seen it fail.

What a truly hateful post. Yes, this is where it ALWAYS ends with the "believers". No matter what other arguments they present, it ALWAYS ends with a variation of the threat of "eternal damnation" when they run out of reasoned argumentation. This is just the latest example. I've never seen it fail.
The Wager is not hateful. It is just tough to respond to.
So is the old question "Why is there something rather than nothing?"

Non-existence =/= unhappiness, does it?
I said "emotionless".
I never said unhappy. You can't be unhappy if you don't exist.
You can be unhappy if you exist and know you eternally won't when you die....and neither will your family and friends.
You will always be happy if you exist and believe the most important part of you will always exist. And if you are wrong, you won't know it....so you will never be sad.
Theists have a great win/win going on.

You can be unhappy if you exist and know you eternally won't when you die....and neither will your family and friends

Nobody is unhappy. I don’t know where you get this stupid ****. It’s called “gaslighting”. Trying to make us believe that we should be unhappy, when we’re clearly not. You haven’t a clue as to what you are taking about in trying to paint atheists as “unhappy”. It’s just an out-and-out hateful LIE.

You will always be happy if you exist and believe the most important part of you will always exist. And if you are wrong, you won't know it....so you will never be sad.
Theists have a great win/win going on.

Believing something because it will make you happy is a piss poor reason to believe something.

I am happier believing the truth.

If I could believe I was a billionaire that might be comforting.........but it wouldn't be true.

I never said unhappy. You can't be unhappy if you don't exist.
Atheists believe when they are dead, it is just like it was before they were ever conceived -( non-existence ). Have you ever personally, or heard anyone else complain about what it was like for any given person before he/she was conceived?

Ahhh...so your god is the stupid god.

You know, the god who can't see through your deviously brilliant Pascal's Wager approach to life.

I went the other way. I was raised staunch atheist and then found God. My brother had a similar path but he became a minister.

Our parents are still having trouble accepting this and conversations can be stressful at times.

Back
Top Bottom