• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why did you pick atheism?

You folks can continue but I'm moving on.
I always know it's time to leave a thread when...
1) Everybody keeps repeating earlier points
2) Not too many people are partipating anymore
3) The few who are, are too angry
4) I get warning points from a mod (that I deserved)
5) (saved the best for last). I have crushed my debate opponents.
But hey, never let it be said that theists aren't generous. Since I won't be responding, you atheists can get the last word in and then mark it on your chalkboard as a win. I'm marking it on mine as a win. That's the great thing about forums. Everybody finds some way to make themselves think they won.
And the good news is: I'll still be having fun after I'm done doing forums and die.

But hey, never let it be said that theists aren't generous. Since I won't be responding, you atheists can get the last word in and then mark it on your chalkboard as a win. I'm marking it on mine as a win. That's the great thing about forums. Everybody finds some way to make themselves think they won.
And the good news is: I'll still be having fun after I'm done doing forums and die.

You really havent, not mine. You're just making excuses for not addressing the tough questions.

OK 🤷 such dishonesty is a sin tho. I'm not angry and I you failed to even directly address my questions. Not really, not quoted.

Science doesn't discount the possibility of creation by God or a Supreme Being.
In fact, it even went as far as to point to scientific facts that are compatible with creation.
What facts are those, lay it out for me.

Because the men who wrote that book had no idea about the cycles of stars and how eventually our sun will grow to the point it will consume the Earth.

They were ignorant goat herders who didn’t even know the Earth orbited the sun. They thought it was the other way around.
Perfectly put, ancient, superstitious goat herders ..dumb as ****ing stumps.

that you and everyone you love are on a path to eternal meaninglessness
My life is not meaninglessness, that you are going to live forever ain't gonna happen.

But, if it soothes you that some daddy in the clouds has your back, go for it, continue to kid yourself.

Did you ever stop for one minute and think of how ridiculous believing in idols are.

Give one example of an atheist trying to recruit anyone here.
They don't, but Christians do, at least 50 verses in the bible commanding its flock to do so.

And if that's not enough how many times have Jehovah witnesses knocked on your door.

You are hilarious! It is you who initiated the repetitive posts of gaslighting and not much else. And you’re still doing it in even your “last” post by making a false accusation that others are “angry” when they clearly are not. So predictable!

They don't, but Christians do, at least 50 verses in the bible commanding its flock to do so.

And if that's not enough how many times have Jehovah witnesses knocked on your door.

If you genuinely thought your friends and neighbors were going to suffer eternal torment at the hands of a wrathful all-powerful god if they did not give themselves over to Jesus, you would be a terrible person for not at least trying to save them.

If you genuinely thought your friends and neighbors were going to suffer eternal torment at the hands of a wrathful all-powerful god if they did not give themselves over to Jesus, you would be a terrible person for not at least trying to save them.
Well, I don't believe that and I still would like to see everyone obtain everlasting life...

I
No. I would respect their boundaries and not be pretentious enough to assume they need saving or think my beliefs are correct in such matters.

Back
Top Bottom