• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why Did Trump Promise to Walk to the Capitol With His Followers, But Didn't?

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
At the pre-coup attempt rally, Trump said this:

"Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we're going to walk down and I'll be there with you. We're going to walk down..."

But then Trump returned to the White House and watched his riot on TV.

Why did he lie to his followers like that?

"Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we're going to walk down and I'll be there with you. We're going to walk down..."

No, he verily went with them, protecting them from harm, except one vandal who dot tazed in the balls.

Since he said he would go with them, he should also go with them to jail.

It's like another poster put it on a different thread "Time to go to the Capitol Building....and if I'm not there, start without me."

Because he can and that's part of the fun for him.

What did the rioters really think was going to happen?

Did they really think legislators were going to pass a bill or something to overturn the election, and that they even could? Hold Pelosi hostage until she agreed to four more years of Trump? And how would that take effect, legally? Or do the entire election over? What?

What in the hell were they thinking?

His bone spurs flared up.

the check was in the mail.

Standard operating procedure.

They weren't. But I can tell you what Trump was thinking.

He was thinking if those rubes killed enough of the legislature, he'd be the only actual government left.

And now the pukes are openly organizing for Jan 18-20.

Why did he say blue lives matter and then completely ignore his cult murdering a police officer? No call to offer condolences to the family, no lowering of the White House flags to half-staff in honor of Brian Sicknick.

no golf cart to drive his laze ass to the Capitol.

Did they really think legislators were going to pass a bill or something to overturn the election, and that they even could? Hold Pelosi hostage until she agreed to four more years of Trump? And how would that take effect, legally? Or do the entire election over? What?

That is the million dollar question. But of course presuming that Trump supporters were "thinking" rather than merely acting out of mindless rage is asking a lot.

Because he can.

Promises, promises........

Because he's a fat, spineless, entitled ***** like he's been his entire miserable life.

Just a guess, mind you.

Because lying to Trump is meaningless. He lies like he breathes, and knows that the "poorly educated" who he loves so much will hang on every word.

They weren't thinking; that's the point. You confuse Trump supporters with normal people who have the ability to make rational decisions.

One thing is for sure, someone had told them they would not get in trouble for doing it based upon the pictures they posted to their own social media pages

They are incapable of rational thought.

Because Trump is the ultimate Karen and that is how those people act.

It’s like a mile, Trump can’t walk that far

there was a ramp.

Back
Top Bottom