• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why did the DNC have to paint such a rosy picture of America?

AtlantaAdonis

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Most of the DNC was amazing and should send a chill down the spine of anyone who cares about diversity. There was one problem I had with it, though. There was a definite flavor of jingoism at the DNC with all of the people waving flags and all of the " 'Murica we're awesome things are great!!".

The Democratic party should not be painting such a rosy picture of a country with a pitiful minimum wage, with huge amounts of college debt, with no real leadership on climate change, with rampant racism and sexism, police killings of African-Americans, and abortion restrictions. We need to be the party of change and not allow Trump to have the monopoly on change rhetoric.

In 2008 Michelle Obama said that for the first time in her adult life she was proud of her country. It was a very refreshing moment. What did she have to be proud of? Then she speaks at the DNC this year and all of the sudden she talks about how amazing things are.

We need to leave the flag waving and the American exceptionalism crap to the Republican party.

Most of the DNC was amazing and should send a chill down the spine of anyone who cares about diversity. There was one problem I had with it, though. There was a definite flavor of jingoism at the DNC with all of the people waving flags and all of the " 'Murica we're awesome things are great!!".

The Democratic party should not be painting such a rosy picture of a country with a pitiful minimum wage, with huge amounts of college debt, with no real leadership on climate change, with rampant racism and sexism, police killings of African-Americans, and abortion restrictions. We need to be the party of change and not allow Trump to have the monopoly on change rhetoric.

In 2008 Michelle Obama said that for the first time in her adult life she was proud of her country. It was a very refreshing moment. What did she have to be proud of? Then she speaks at the DNC this year and all of the sudden she talks about how amazing things are.

We need to leave the flag waving and the American exceptionalism crap to the Republican party.

Yeah America ****ing sucks why didn't they talk about 8 years of Democrat White House Control lead to terrible things??

They want disaffected Republicans to vote for her.

Most of the DNC was amazing and should send a chill down the spine of anyone who cares about diversity.

Diversity is stupid. There I said it. Diversity is something people force into place to make themselves feel better, but in the real world it just doesn't exist. Ok, continue on.

On this we agree. Liberals speak with forked tongue. Michelle says only 8 years ago that she's only now proud of her country. And now she says America is great! Why ? Because her husband has been president? What a lying d-bag.

The liberals spent the entire convention speaking about how awesome the US is yet believe that the rich are squashing the middle class and that racism runs rampant in our citizens and institutions.

Lying weasels.

Most of the DNC was amazing and should send a chill down the spine of anyone who cares about diversity. There was one problem I had with it, though. There was a definite

flavor of jingoism at the DNC with all of the people waving flags and all of the " 'Murica we're awesome things are great!!".

Its not.

But leave it to the apparent "Libertarian" to be so uptight and annoyed about the fact that there's many different people in society.

That's not my point, you know. Obviously there is different kinds of people like there is different kinds of cats. It doesn't make diversity somehow not stupid.

Diversity is stupid. There I said it. Diversity is something people force into place to make themselves feel better, but in the real world it just doesn't exist. Ok, continue on.

I can speak from direct personal experience that you are completely wrong.

I can speak from direct personal experience that you are completely wrong.

I'm not wrong. Creatures generally associate with creatures that are like them. Trying to fight basic biology and calling it wrong is stupid.

Anyone that claims they failed or anything else failed because of a lack of diversity is an idiot.

I'm not wrong. Creatures generally associate with creatures that are like them. Trying to fight basic biology and calling it wrong is stupid.

Anyone that claims they failed or anything else failed because of a lack of diversity is an idiot.

Human beings are like other human beings. Our biggest differences are cultural, but even a diversity of cultures can and do peacefully intermingle and coexist.

Compare where America is today to where America was on January 19th, 2009, the day before Obama took office. The Dow was nosediving, we were losing 800K jobs that very month, we were spending $10B per month on two very unpopular wars (one of which was quite illegal), the administration was supporting torture, prejudice against LGBTs was still legal in most states, Big Health Insurance and Big Pharma could cover who they liked and ripped us off at will...

...there's a reason why Dubya was so incredibly unpopular.

Yet today, for all the problems we still have, we're still in the longest stretch of private-sector job growth in our nation's history - every month since September 2010 IIRC. The Dow has more than doubled and may well triple by the end of Obama's term. The wars are over, though we still have what amounts to an occupation force in Afghanistan. There is no more torture (though I do wish we could have sent those who conducted - and those who approved - it to trial at The Hague). Last year was our auto industry's best year ever. Our unemployment rate is remaining at or below 5%...and while many of those jobs are significantly underpaid, that's still a heck of a lot better than no job at all. And let's not forget that today, right now, more Americans are covered by health insurance than ever before. Obamacare ain't perfect...but it's a heck of a lot better than what we had!

In other words, we're FAR better off today than we were when Obama first took over. If you're going to expect perfection - or anything even close to it - then you will ALWAYS be disappointed. YES, look at the problems and point them out! It would be flat wrong to ignore the problems, wouldn't it? But it would also be flat wrong to ignore the successes, some of which have been freaking resounding successes indeed...

...and those successes are all the more notable in that they were achieved even given the worst level of political obstruction faced by any president since the Civil War.

So...yeah, point out the problems...but do not forget to point out the successes, for during Obama's presidency, the successes have far outweighed the problems and the failures. Why do you think that for the most part, Hillary wants to continue what he's done, to get us farther along the path that he set for our nation? She knows a job well done when she sees it!

Heck, if Obama had had an (R) behind his name, the GOP would be calling to have his face added to Mount Rushmore! But since he had that (D), well, ha-RUMPH, everything he's ever done or ever will do is wrong and must be opposed and stopped....

Human beings are like other human beings. Our biggest differences are cultural, but even a diversity of cultures can and do peacefully intermingle and coexist.

Human beings will behave in the exact same ways wild animals will in this case. They will prefer to be with those most like them. Does that mean different people will always stay separate? No, but it does mean that their will be an established trend in behavior where the majority of their interactions will take place.

Human beings will behave in the exact same ways wild animals will in this case. They will prefer to be with those most like them. Does that mean different people will always stay separate? No, but it does mean that their will be an established trend in behavior where the majority of their interactions will take place.

Again, this just isn't true -- I know this from experience.

That's not even an argument, you know.

No, for all intents and purposes, "My personal experience" may not cut the mustard.

But neither does your drivel, proclaiming it as fact...

Because it's rather odd, the person complaining about diversity is so vastly far outside the mainstream it's scary and at times disturbing.

You are part of that diversity whether you like it or not.

Economic growth in latest quarter was only 1.2% - that's crap - but will the Dems admit it? Of course not.

you wanna think america sucks go ahead

On this we agree. Liberals speak with forked tongue. Michelle says only 8 years ago that she's only now proud of her country. And now she says America is great! Why ? Because her husband has been president? What a lying d-bag.

The liberals spent the entire convention speaking about how awesome the US is yet believe that the rich are squashing the middle class and that racism runs rampant in our citizens and institutions.

Lying weasels.

another america hater

You do know why they suddenly flipped and were saying everything was sunshine and lollipops, right?

No, for all intents and purposes, "My personal experience" may not cut the mustard.

But neither does your drivel, proclaiming it as fact...

Because it's rather odd, the person complaining about diversity is so vastly far outside the mainstream it's scary and at times disturbing.

You are part of that diversity whether you like it or not.

How about you challenge anything I said, or better yet, offer something besides your presence and insults.

Last edited:
How about you challenge anything I said, or better yet, offer something besides your presence and insults.

I have offered something that you refuse to acknowledge because it blows your little paddy about diversity out the window:

That you, yourself, are in an extreme minority in terms of your views and your politics... and therefore are PART of the diversity that you so disdain.

So it's really dumb to proclaim "Diversity is stupid" when you are not even close to any mainstream position consistent with the general population.

I have offered something that you refuse to acknowledge because it blows your little paddy about diversity out the window:

That you, yourself, are in an extreme minority in terms of your views and your politics... and therefore are PART of the diversity that you so disdain.

So it's really dumb to proclaim "Diversity is stupid" when you are not even close to any mainstream position consistent with the general population.

Tell me, who do you associate with in politics?

Tell me, who do you associate with in politics?

Whats your point in asking that question?

I am as diverse in my origin background as I am in my politics, but I don't have extremist views, at least not in the context of my own country.

The same cannot be said of yourself :shrug:

You're trying to deflect to me in some piss poor attempt to mitigate the fact I just blew your sorry ass point about diversity right out the window.

You are as much as part of the diversity of America as anyone else, so you complaining about it, is ridiculous.

Whats your point in asking that question?

I am as diverse in my origin background as I am in my politics, but I don't have extremist views, at least not in the context of my own country.

The same cannot be said of yourself :shrug:

You're trying to deflect to me in some piss poor attempt to mitigate the fact I just blew your sorry ass point about diversity right out the window.

You are as much as part of the diversity of America as anyone else, so you complaining about it, is ridiculous.

The question was very simple, so lets try again. Who do you associate with in politics? What do they think on the issues?

Back
Top Bottom