• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Did Michael Hastings Die?

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Should we be investigating and questioning John Brennan?

There is something not right about either the event or the reporting. 35MPH impact throwing his engine 100 feet just doesn't seem plausible, but I am not sure if that is conspiracy theory "fact" or officially determined.

Or maybe we should be questioning General McChrystal since he had a motive....

"Michael Hastings, who was just 33-years-old, is best known for his Rolling Stone profile on Gen. Stanley McChrystal, which ultimately forced his resignation..."

New Stunning Surveillance Video Shows Fiery Michael Hastings Car Crash | Video | TheBlaze.com

Hmm..., you are claiming revenge? I doubt it. General Stanley McChrystal retired as a general and now has a comfy civilian job. Coupled with a General's pension and that job, I think he'd shake Hasting's hand. Certainly Obama treated Gen. McChrystal like a plantation slave. In fact Obama treats all the military like plantation slaves.

Hmm..., you are claiming revenge? I doubt it.
Lets first establish what YOU'RE claiming since it's your OP and you were extremely vague to say the least. John Brennan?

General Stanley McChrystal retired as a general and now has a comfy civilian job. Coupled with a General's pension and that job, I think he'd shake Hasting's hand. Certainly Obama treated Gen. McChrystal like a plantation slave. In fact Obama treats all the military like plantation slaves.
Gen. McChrystal is a very egotistical man, so it's not too far fetched to reason that he might want revenge against the reporter that made him look like a fool in front of the entire world and forced his resignation. His insubordination to our civilian Commander in Chief who just happens to be black and your comment about "plantation slaves" is misguided at best and racist at worst.

Lets first establish what YOU'RE claiming since it's your OP and you were extremely vague to say the least. John Brennan?

Gen. McChrystal is a very egotistical man, so it's not too far fetched to reason that he might want revenge against the reporter that made him look like a fool in front of the entire world and forced his resignation. His insubordination to our civilian Commander in Chief who just happens to be black and your comment about "plantation slaves" is misguided at best and racist at worst.

Of course Brennan had a lot to gain by the death of Hastings.
Richard Clarke, a former State Department official and cybersecurity adviser to Presidents William J. Clinton and George W. Bush, said the car crash had the markings of a cyberattack to gain control of the car’s on-board computer systems.

Read more:
Michael Hastings Writing Expose On CIA Chief John Brennan When He Died
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Speaking to Huffington Post this week, Clarke said that a cyberattack waged at the vehicle could have caused the fatal collision.

"What has been revealed as a result of some research at universities is that it's relatively easy to hack your way into the control system of a car, and to do such things as cause acceleration when the driver doesn't want acceleration, to throw on the brakes when the driver doesn't want the brakes on, to launch an air bag," Clarke told The Huffington Post. "You can do some really highly destructive things now, through hacking a car, and it's not that hard."​

"So if there were a cyberattack on the car — and I'm not saying there was," Clarke continued, "I think whoever did it would probably get away with it."

Read more:
Bush advisor: Hastings crash ?consistent with a car cyberattack? ? RT USA

I didn't know that Richard Clarke was a conspiracy theorist, did you?

Of course Brennan had a lot to gain by the death of Hastings.
Richard Clarke, a former State Department official and cybersecurity adviser to Presidents William J. Clinton and George W. Bush, said the car crash had the markings of a cyberattack to gain control of the car’s on-board computer systems.

Read more:
Michael Hastings Writing Expose On CIA Chief John Brennan When He Died
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Speaking to Huffington Post this week, Clarke said that a cyberattack waged at the vehicle could have caused the fatal collision.

"What has been revealed as a result of some research at universities is that it's relatively easy to hack your way into the control system of a car, and to do such things as cause acceleration when the driver doesn't want acceleration, to throw on the brakes when the driver doesn't want the brakes on, to launch an air bag," Clarke told The Huffington Post. "You can do some really highly destructive things now, through hacking a car, and it's not that hard."​

"So if there were a cyberattack on the car — and I'm not saying there was," Clarke continued, "I think whoever did it would probably get away with it."

Read more:
Bush advisor: Hastings crash ?consistent with a car cyberattack? ? RT USA

I didn't know that Richard Clarke was a conspiracy theorist, did you?
When your source says it got it's information from Huffington Post. You should have posted the Huffingpost article because your source made a fool out of you.

Brennan wasn't head of the CIA at the time of Hastings death, General Patreaus was. Hasting was writing about the Patreaus affair..after the fact. Your penchant for uncovering conspiracys is getting real sloppy, Wehrwolfen. I know you can do better.

"....In the days before his death, Hastings was reportedly working on a story about a lawsuit filed by Jill Kelley, who was involved in the scandal that brought down Gen. David Petraeus, according to the LA Times. KTLA reported that Hastings told colleagues at the news site BuzzFeed that he feared the FBI was investigating him. On June 20, the FBI denied that any investigation was under way...."

Was Michael Hastings' Car Hacked? Richard Clarke Says It's Possible

The crash was at 4:30 am. Hastings was driving at a high speed, lost control of the vechical and crashed into a tree causing the car to explode on impact sending the engine flying over 60ft away.

What was Hastings doing driving at a high speed in his brand spanking new 2013 Mercedes C250 coupe at 4:30 in the morning on a deserted stretch of road in Hollywood? Is it possible he was testing to see how fast it could go? And in doing so, perhaps a possum crossed the road causing him to slam on the brakes and lose control of the car? Possum's are abundant in L.A. and only come out at night and they are notorious for crossing roads.

Is it possible a possum was conspiring to kill Hastings?

Last edited:
What's the point of mocking someone who asks questions about abrupt deaths of investigative journalists who are investigating the most powerful people in US intelligence?

It was probably Vince Foster who did it.

When your source says it got it's information from Huffington Post. You should have posted the Huffingpost article because your source made a fool out of you.

Brennan wasn't head of the CIA at the time of Hastings death, General Patreaus was. Hasting was writing about the Patreaus affair..after the fact. Your penchant for uncovering conspiracys is getting real sloppy, Wehrwolfen. I know you can do better.

"....In the days before his death, Hastings was reportedly working on a story about a lawsuit filed by Jill Kelley, who was involved in the scandal that brought down Gen. David Petraeus, according to the LA Times. KTLA reported that Hastings told colleagues at the news site BuzzFeed that he feared the FBI was investigating him. On June 20, the FBI denied that any investigation was under way...."

Was Michael Hastings' Car Hacked? Richard Clarke Says It's Possible

The crash was at 4:30 am. Hastings was driving at a high speed, lost control of the vechical and crashed into a tree causing the car to explode on impact sending the engine flying over 60ft away.

What was Hastings doing driving at a high speed in his brand spanking new 2013 Mercedes C250 coupe at 4:30 in the morning on a deserted stretch of road in Hollywood? Is it possible he was testing to see how fast it could go? And in doing so, perhaps a possum crossed the road causing him to slam on the brakes and lose control of the car? Possum's are abundant in L.A. and only come out at night and they are notorious for crossing roads.

Is it possible a possum was conspiring to kill Hastings?

[video]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/24/michael-hastings-car-hacked_n_3492339.html[/video]​

What's the point of mocking someone who asks questions about abrupt deaths of investigative journalists who are investigating the most powerful people in US intelligence?

Because conservatives have a history of ridiculous conspiracy theories directed at Obama? You guys no longer have any credibility, if you ever had any.

Because conservatives have a history of ridiculous conspiracy theories directed at Obama? You guys no longer have any credibility, if you ever had any.

Who the **** said anything about Obama? I repeat the question in my previous post for people who have grown out of the partisan sandbox stage (which you obviously have not, so you don't have to keep trying to come up with a coherent response).

Last edited:
Maybe someone wants to venture a guess why a luxury Mercedes bursts into flames Hollywood style after a basic front end collision?

Does Mercedes not crash test their cars? Should there be a recall? No one buy a Mercedes. Look what happens if there's an accident...

Maybe someone wants to venture a guess why a luxury Mercedes bursts into flames Hollywood style after a basic front end collision?

Does Mercedes not crash test their cars? Should there be a recall? No one buy a Mercedes. Look what happens if there's an accident...

Thats a good question. Man, look at the smashed up front end. He was going fast, no doubt about it.

Hastings was caught on a police car dash cam running a red light.....

Thats a good question. Man, look at the smashed up front end. He was going fast, no doubt about it.

Hastings was caught on a police car dash cam running a red light.....

Neat. Turns out there isn't much evidence any car out there bursts into flames, sends the engine flying 60 yards and chars bodies beyond identifiability, when they strike trees, typically speaking. If that's right, it qualifies this incident as "unusual."

And even if it wasn't seemingly unusual, if there was ANYONE, I mean AAAAANYONE out there whose untimely tragic death would give rise to conspiracy theories, it would be the investigative journalist who is currently digging into the CIA director. That is spy novel **** taken to ABSURD levels of cliché. How can anyone NOT be thinking that he was offed? For Christ's sake people.

Last edited:
Is the thread title a trick question? :mrgreen:

Hastings died because he knew too much and was getting too close to some super secret stuff. Or possibly, it was simply payback for having taken down Stanley McChrystal?

It was probably Vince Foster who did it.

No somebody did Vince Foster. They even cleaned out his office while the police were looking at the scene of the death. Hmm..., those Rose documents just seemed to end up on the coffee table in the White House. What else was removed from his office? Now back to the Michael Hastings killing. Was Richard Clarke correct. Was the computer in the Mercedes Benz hacked?

This thread deserves a bump.

How does a Mercedes fling its engine 60 yards and turn its remains to this due to a simple front-end collision?

hastings-crash.jpg

Back
Top Bottom