• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why did Kerry loose the election?

Why did Kerry loose the election?

• He didn't loose anything - Bush beat him fair and square.

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • The gay marriage amendements for 11 states drew a large moral croud - larger than normal.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Kerry used Hollywood too much, this caused folks to dislike him.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • His Vietnam history was controversal, and the conversative crowd ate it up.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Personality, Bush is more likeable.

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters
Navy Pride said:
I got a flash for you dude..........I got the tax cuts and I am not rich..........You really need to come up with some new talking points........No one is buying those old stale ones anymore.......
To hell with talking points, I outlined a good number of economic facts you cannot honestly dispute which illustrate the failure of the Bush administration's economic policies. They illustrate that the Bush administration fundamentally favors the elite rich, who have gotten richer, at the expense of the common people, who have gotten poorer under the Bush administration.

cnredd said:
Nope...it was on the hatred spewed by the left like you that GROUP all religious people into "homosexual-hating" and "anti-choice" zealots.

People who were even semi-religious had enough of Michael Moore, Jeneane Garofalo, Barbara Streisand, and Alec Baldwin telling them that they are evil & malicious people. The response was a big middle finger.
Ahaha, yeah we sure showed them. You go to hell you elite rich hollywood types! We're a biblical nation! And we'll get poorer and lose political power if we want to! I may have lost my job, and my son might be in Iraq, but ******* it, there aint no fag couples in my neighborhood!
In seriousness, though. It is even more ridiculous and pathetic to blame your vote for a corrupt politician on your dislike of actors than it is to blame it on your bigotry. I've never grouped all religious people into the category of war mongering bigots. There is a leftist christian base as well. People who believe in civil rights and aiding the poor. I respect the ideals of Christianity, those of love, compassion and peace. Jesus was a man who would die before resorting to violence. How that has been turned into a political movement based on war, killing and hatred for the poor and minorities is beyond me. Maybe that's why I feel that those people who actually do call themselves christian and support war and hatred are worthy of being mocked and ridiculed without mercy.

faminedynasty said:
To hell with talking points, I outlined a good number of economic facts you cannot honestly dispute which illustrate the failure of the Bush administration's economic policies. They illustrate that the Bush administration fundamentally favors the elite rich, who have gotten richer, at the expense of the common people, who have gotten poorer under the Bush administration.

In the latest economic report that came out last week unemployment is at 5% the lowest in 25 years, the deficit projection was down 100 billion, home sales are at a record high and interest rates are still at record lows.........

Tax cuts are a good thing no matter how much Bush Haters try and put them down...........They put money in the peoples pockets who then spend the money and stimulate the economy............JFK, Reagan knew that and GWB knows it too..........

Gloom and doom people like you are wrong and history proves it.......

Navy Pride said:
Tax cuts are a good thing no matter how much Bush Haters try and put them down...........They put money in the peoples pockets who then spend the money and stimulate the economy............JFK, Reagan knew that and GWB knows it too.......

I think JFK would be spinning in his grave listening to the faminedynatry tirade.

Navy Pride said:
Gloom and doom people like you are wrong and history proves it.......

Its only "gloom & doom" until a Lib is in office...then the same stats will portray a bustling economy and a positive outlook.

cnredd said:
I think JFK would be spinning in his grave listening to the faminedynatry tirade.

Its only "gloom & doom" until a Lib is in office...then the same stats will portray a bustling economy and a positive outlook.

Really, like the 21% inflation under Jimmah Carter??????

Missouri Mule said:
Really, like the 21% inflation under Jimmah Carter??????

and 18% interest rates...........Jimmy was the epitome of a liberal president.......

Yeah? You think that JFK would say, "Hey that's swell that the middle class is losing its wealth and political power."? You think he would like such a massive class divide, and such blatant destruction of the programs that benefit the middle classes and the poor? You think so? Really?

Of the answers possible, I chose "The gay marriage amendements for 11 states drew a large moral croud - larger than normal."

However, he also failed to show true leadership in his campaign. He did not reach out to the people. He did not "fight back" like he needed to (though he did at first, and his numbers reflected a rise at the times he did so). He did not make the arguments he needed to make.

His campaign team let him down. He needed to go after Bush more, on the economy, the war, the name calling, and every other issue - and show a solution as well. He failed to do those things. No one thing cost him the election, but several greatly contributed.

Especially that little fact that Kerry is a confessed war criminal.
I'm sure that didn't help either.

Nah, but it didn't really hurt either. We're all familiar enough with Vietnam to know that we weren't exactly behaving ourselves over there, that Kerry wasn't in a position to do much about it, regretted it, and at least Kerry spoke out about it. For all the support that cost him, he gained as much from those that admired his integrity - something Bush's numbers are incredibly low in.

Let's be fair here. No need to sling mud, especially when the truth is enough. There's plenty of fault with both parties, no need to go making things out to be worse than they are or implying exagerations or leading potential readers to a negative disposition.

There's enough genuine dirt out there to do that with for both sides. It's just a matter of which side is dirtier this week.

Kerry is a confessed war criminal. That is truth not mudslinging.
All politicians are corrupt, so really, who cares why Kerry lost the election. Everything that has happened was going to happen irregardless of who was elected. There will still be another bad Terrorist attack on U.S. soil, we will still engage in wars (and when we do, there will always be a group to oppose it) and eventually someone will fire off a Nuke.
I think that I'm don with this dead-horse beating thread.
I just don't give a F**K.
Have fun and God bless. :2wave:

Is this just the time that he was reading the statement of another vet who was talking about the war crimes taken out of context again? Or was there a time when he said that he participated?

teacher said:
He looks French.

That wasn't so bad...here's what killed him...

He ACTED French.

Back
Top Bottom