• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why did it take 25 minutes to rescue the Pope?

TheParser

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
1. I have just read on Google News that His Holiness was trapped in an elevator for 25 minutes.

a. Being trapped in an elevator is one of my biggest fears.
b. I always try to use the stairs whenever possible. Presently, I can still manage to walk up at least ten flights of stairs.

2. When His Holiness finally appeared to the waiting worshippers, His Holiness was in a good mood and apologized for being late.

3. Vatican officials did not say whether he was alone or with aides in the stuck elevator.

4. I remember reading that Secretary of State Clinton was once stuck in an elevator with aides. They thought that it was a lark. Of course, everyone knows that a bigwig like her will be quickly rescued. His Holiness is also a bigwig, so I do not understand why it took 25 minutes!

I hope that people will be very careful. If one has to go to the second floor, and there are stairs that are available, why not walk up instead of using the elevator? Besides, it's good exercise.

They should have prayed more.

It was God's will. We all know that God works in mysterious ways.

1. I have just read on Google News that His Holiness was trapped in an elevator for 25 minutes.

a. Being trapped in an elevator is one of my biggest fears.
b. I always try to use the stairs whenever possible. Presently, I can still manage to walk up at least ten flights of stairs.

2. When His Holiness finally appeared to the waiting worshippers, His Holiness was in a good mood and apologized for being late.

3. Vatican officials did not say whether he was alone or with aides in the stuck elevator.

4. I remember reading that Secretary of State Clinton was once stuck in an elevator with aides. They thought that it was a lark. Of course, everyone knows that a bigwig like her will be quickly rescued. His Holiness is also a bigwig, so I do not understand why it took 25 minutes!

I hope that people will be very careful. If one has to go to the second floor, and there are stairs that are available, why not walk up instead of using the elevator? Besides, it's good exercise.

I heard all the alter boys stuck in there with him were terrified!

Back
Top Bottom