• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Democrats fear the Trump wall

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
House Majority Whip Steve Scalise offered a clear and candid rationale during a Fox News appearance this week, telling... that 10 known terrorists are captured each day trying to breach the border. U.S. Customs and Border Protections also informed Congress that 3,029 people were apprehended in one day this month — deeming the occurrence a crisis.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/13/inside-beltway-why-democrats-fear-trump-wall/

This is why Pelosi wants this discussed behind closed doors.

It is a losing proposition for Democrats...

3029 illegal invaders isn’t a crisis for Democrats either... for them the invasion is desired.

10 terrorists a day is simply collateral damage.

Unfortunately for them, Trump will squeeze the Open Border Party... publicly and often.

3029 illegal invaders isn’t a crisis for Democrats either... for them the invasion is desired.

Unfortunately for them, Trump will squeeze the Open Border Party... publicly and often.

No one fears a wall that will never be built.

Trump looked like a stammering idiot, so I'm glad it was all on camera.

No Democrat fears it. They ridicule it because like with all things Trump, it's asinine, cosmetic and utterly unnecessary.

There is no invasion,.

No 10 terrorists/day are bcoming.

Why do you support a Marxist USA?

This post is a great example of right-wing nut paranoia.

Thanks for the lies that will so help your argument...

I agree it was great...ROTFLOL... Trump exposed Pleading Pelosi and Scummy Schumer.

It’s why they wanted no part of a public discussion on the wall.

It’s also why you failed to address the OP.

Tell me... How many terrorists and illegal invaders(rapists, murderers, gang bangers) are acceptable to Democrats?

And... if you lose a family member to an illegal invader... it’s all OK with you?

He entered that meeting dickless and left it sackless, courtesy of Pelosi. An utterly emasculated, whining it-bot of a man.

He wanted the whole thing on camera because he thought he would pwn them. Trump "thought". That was a mistake...lol...

No Democrat fears it. They ridicule it because like with all things Trump, it's asinine, cosmetic and utterly unnecessary.

There is no invasion,.

No 10 terrorists/day are bcoming.

Why do you support a Marxist USA?

I do enjoy it when you post.

Thanks again.

Keep up your delusional good work.

Are you a sock puppet? You can PM me the answer.

I agree it was great...ROTFLOL... Trump exposed Pleading Pelosi and Scummy Schumer.

It’s why they wanted no part of a public discussion on the wall.

It’s also why you failed to address the OP.

Tell me... How many terrorists and illegal invaders(rapists, murderers, gang bangers) are acceptable to Democrats?

And... if you lose a family member to an illegal invader... it’s all OK with you?

Your disingenuous accusations posed as question represent a pathetically weak debate tactic. Please try harder.

...your avatar precedes you. Everywhere.:lamo

How many terrorists and illegal invaders (rapists, murderers, gang bangers) are acceptable to Democrats?

Depends on the cost to keep them out. If it's free, then none are acceptable. Let's keep them all out. If it costs $30 billion to deter a couple dozen rapists, murderers, and gangbangers, then no thanks. ICE can arrest them like they've been successfully doing for the past 15 or so years. As long as illegal immigrants commit fewer violent crimes than natural born Americans, it's not an issue worth spending money on. Giving that $30 billion to American law enforcement agencies to crack down on crimes committed by Americans would prevent more crime and save more lives than a wall would.

Trump is a mentally disturbed narcissist who has lived in his own alternate reality most of his adult life. Now he has gotten his Trumpkins to reside there also. I fear, for many of them, there is no coming back to reality and the America that most citizens live in.

Trump got his fat ass handed to him on TV by Pelosi and Schumer. How anybody can watch that and think he looked good or even held his own is evidence of the rampant mental illness that the Trumpkins are afflicted with.

I do enjoy it when you post.

Thanks again.

Keep up your delusional good work.

Are you a sock puppet? You can PM me the answer.

LOL! Says the forums most pwned troll.

I don't even have to lift a finger. Thanks!

From the article Skeptic Bob posted

"There is, in fact, genuine concern about the potential for Islamic extremists to make their way across the border into the U.S. But that concern applies more to the Canadian border, where Trump is not planning to put up a wall." (Emphasis mine).

Funny how that works.

So, does the OP simply believe what Steve Scalise is claiming? Without evidence?

Good little sheeple.

1. So out of the $25 billion, how much of that will go to stopping the over 40% of migrants who overstay their visas and arrive by plane?

2. How much will it cost to provide the personnel and technology to effectively surveil the wall across its expanse?

3. What efforts will be taken to effectively prevent businesses from continuing the demand for cheap labor?

The wall is a dumb solution that only makes sense to dumb people.

Here is an explanation of why the wall won't work by the conservative CATO institute. But it's meant for intelligent people who can read and understand ideas.

Why the Wall Won’t Work

Democrats do not support open borders. They're just against wasting money on dumb ideas. Trump loves wasting money on dumb ideas. And his supporters are just not smart enough to understand that these are dumb ideas.

The only reason to fear Trump's {so far imaginary] wall is they'll have egg on their faces. For so long it's looked like a pie in the sky project, a fake promise and an impractical use of budget, for so long have the Dems been trading on the fact that it makes Trump look stupid, that if he gets what he wants it'll be a big loss of face for them.

However since they'll hold the purse strings come January I can;t possibly see them forking over the cash. So, no wall.

How many terrorists and illegal invaders (rapists, murderers, gang bangers) are acceptable to Democrats?

I’m not saying that there is no merit at all to a wall, but using fake stats undermines one’s position.

I don’t know what the magic number is for Democrats. I doubt they have one. But then people on both sides of the aisle accept some risk and casualties in the name of economics or liberty. Plenty of conservatives believe climate change is real but believe the proposed fixes aren’t economically worth while. Conservatives, and I, oppose all sorts of regulations that save some lives because it is economically problematic. I think the wall would stop some, but not most, illegals. I and many others just don’t think it is economically worth while.

I feel like a lot of pro-wall people use a different cost/benefit analysis than they use for just about every other thing in their life. Which leads me to believe that for many of them their motives are based in ideology instead of practicality. And yes, many of those on the left are guilty of the the same inconsistency. They are willing to spend tons of money and restrict liberty in other areas in exchange for marginal benefits but aren’t willing to do the same for the wall, which would also cost a lot of money and would also have some marginal benefits.

Why can’t everyone just be consistent in how they weigh issues?

How many are to you, considering you aren't clamoring for a wall on the northern border?

I don't care about what a Congressman says. I really don't care about the numbers that are quoted. I'm here to address the thread title question: Why do Democrats fear the Trump wall?

First of all, I think it's important to differentiate between "Democrats"...that is, rank and file members of the Democratic Party...and "Democratic Congressmen"...that is, the politicians who will or will not fund the wall.

Regardless what people want to think, the rank and file don't matter. The politicians are the only ones who matter...and they don't care about the rank and file. The politicians will make the decisions and the rank and file...like good little girls and boys...will follow along. And, when you get right down to it, not all politicians matter. Just the most powerful. The rest...like the rank and file...will be good little girls and boys.

So...the question now becomes: Why do the Democratic Congressional leaders fear the Trump wall?

I don't think they do. They oppose the wall because they oppose Trump. That's it.

All of them are on record supporting walls, fences, etc...when it was politically advantageous to do so. They are all on record opposing wall, fences, etc...when it was politically advantageous to do so. Right now, it's politically advantageous to oppose the wall because they oppose Trump.

All of the rhetoric they come up with is just that: Rhetoric. It's designed to give their rank and file "plausible reasons"...instead of just being honest.

I would prefer they just be honest and tell their rank and file the real reason they oppose the wall. I mean, seriously, their rank and file will agree with them. That's a given since they oppose Trump, as well.

On a side note, since members are deflecting to that recent meeting...here's an interesting analysis from a body language expert.

Back
Top Bottom