• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why creationism is a total farse

AndrewC23

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Creationism is a totally false belief because in order to believe that all of gods creations were created at the same time you have to believe that humans and dinosaurs were created at the same time and if that were the case then the human race would have never survived and we wouldn't be around today. Not to mention that we weren't the only race of humans. Neanderthals and modern humans both existed around the same time until modern day humans killed the last of these neanderthals. Nowhere in the bible does it mention that there was more than one race of human beings that existed at the same time.

Wrong, prove that if dinosaurs existed with humans that humans could not exist. I believe there is only 1 God and that all others are false. I believe in the Biblical Creation story and many believe that the Bible does point out neanderthals. Many believe that they could have been the nephelim, or that the race that Goliath came from was a neanderthal race. The Bible talks about giant warriors in Canaan which could have also been a neanderthal race.

Creationism is a totally false belief because in order to believe that all of gods creations were created at the same time you have to believe that humans and dinosaurs were created at the same time and if that were the case then the human race would have never survived and we wouldn't be around today. Not to mention that we weren't the only race of humans. Neanderthals and modern humans both existed around the same time until modern day humans killed the last of these neanderthals. Nowhere in the bible does it mention that there was more than one race of human beings that existed at the same time.

The bible says nothing about everything being created at the exact time. In fact, it is just the opposite. It sets an order in which all is created. Read Genesis 1.

Creationism is a crappy idea in general and yes, is a total farse, but your logic behind your reasoning is faulty. There are much better arguments against it then what you're making here.

I believe there is only 1 God and that all others are false.
monotheism did not really become an aspect of judaism until the philisitnes invited them over for tea. did ya ever actually read the 1st commandment?

I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of
Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

in hebrew, that "lord thy god" is actually a name, or an epithet. "it reads I am El Shaddai". El Shaddai was one of two early epithets for their god, the other being El Ohim (which is still in use). Now, interestingly, it has a remarkable resemblance to the name "El" which was the name of the Canaanite High God in the place from which Abraham left, Ur. The Talmud, in fact, says that Abraham's father was a merchant who sold idols. anyway... note that the commandment does not deny that there are other gods, nor even deny them the right to worship other gods, only that they should not place other gods HIGHER in their worship than El Shaddai.

anyway.... that has nothing to do with creationism. believe as it suits you to believe.

geo.

No no no it does say that everything was created in six days according to the bible the earth is only 6000 years old I just read Genesis 1 and it says that in six days all of gods creations were
"God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good."
The day after that he made man
Well do you realize that dinosaurs would eat humans? I have no way of proving this but there have been several mass extinctions here on earth and if everything was created at once then humans would have been extinct right along with the dinosaurs

Not to mention that Goliath is over 13 feet tall and that a typical neanderthal man was only five feet five inches tall

monotheism did not really become an aspect of judaism until the philisitnes invited them over for tea. did ya ever actually read the 1st commandment?

I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of
Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

in hebrew, that "lord thy god" is actually a name, or an epithet. "it reads I am El Shaddai". El Shaddai was one of two early epithets for their god, the other being El Ohim (which is still in use). Now, interestingly, it has a remarkable resemblance to the name "El" which was the name of the Canaanite High God in the place from which Abraham left, Ur. The Talmud, in fact, says that Abraham's father was a merchant who sold idols. anyway... note that the commandment does not deny that there are other gods, nor even deny them the right to worship other gods, only that they should not place other gods HIGHER in their worship than El Shaddai.

anyway.... that has nothing to do with creationism. believe as it suits you to believe.

geo.
What was the name of the Cannanite high god? God revealed that His name is YHWH (in Hebrew) Meaning "I am." El Shadai and El Ohim were titles that referred to God, they are not His actual Name. The commandment does not deify other gods, it's recognizes their existence as idols but it's clear in the Bible that they are not "gods." What it means is that we are to not worship any other deity but God alone. God clearly displayed in Exodus that He is the One True God and that there is no other God but Him.

No no no it does say that everything was created in six days according to the bible the earth is only 6000 years old I just read Genesis 1 and it says that in six days all of gods creations were
"God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good."
Well do you realize that dinosaurs would eat humans? I have no way of proving this but there have been several mass extinctions here on earth and if everything was created at once then humans would have been extinct right along with the dinosaurs

Can you prove that the dinosaurs would eat all humans and that they could not survive? You admitted that you can't prove it. Why haven't we gone extinct already? Humans have always been physically weaker than other creatures, but it's our minds and intellect that make us the #1 organism on earth. You are merely speculating without any proof.

Last edited:

Yowm, in hebrew, had two meanings. A day or a period of time. So when the bible was translated and the word day was used it was to define a period of time, not a 24 hour period.

The above scenario does seem unlikely, but doesn't the philosophy of creationism change depending on the underlying belief structure it is being ascribed to.

For example, a member of the First Nations will have a different creation belief than a Christian. And within the Christian denominations there are many assorted beliefs on Creationism. Catholicism differs from Baptist which may differ from Mormon.

I think the thread that combines each philosophy of creationism is that we are looking at the complexity and majesty of the world and believing that a deity is responsible, not just for its creation, but also for its continuing evolution.

What I am speculating that even if dinosaurs did not eat humans then the humans would have died in the many mass extinctions that have happened throughout earth's history afterwards for several hundreds/thousands of years the earth would have became entirely uninhabitable for humans to survive regardless of the fact if our intellects are number one or not. and nobody has addressed me on the whole david and goliath thing neanderthals were only five foot five feet tall and according to the bible goliath was a descendant of a race of giants that were descended from demons having sex with earth women, not neanderthals so the whole neanderthal issue has not been solved yet? and what about LSD? no not the drug the first ape to walk upright in Africa her name was lucy. and why would dinosaur remains be found further down in the ground than any human remains how is this possible if they existed around the same time.
It doesn't matter if it was not a 24 hour period or not dinosaurs were around for hundreds of millions of year before they became extinct so it wouldn't matter if god took a week a month a year or a century to finish what he was doing (which if he's god he can do anything right?? so he would be able to do it all in a week if he wanted to)

What was the name of the Cannanite high god?
i told you that. his name was "El".
God revealed that His name is YHWH (in Hebrew) Meaning "I am."
depends on the source. the bible, as it exists, is a 'redacted' book... a book put together from more than one source. easy to see... two creation stories, for instance. you will find this duplication common, especially in Genesis. the reason is that the Hebrew people were not always a unified people. there was a great division between the sons of Israel and those Of Judah, for instance that resulted in two kingdoms - The Lower (Israel) and he Upper (Judah). Israel was destroyed by the Assyrians, leaving Judah as the only kingdom by the time that Jesus came along... resulting in a 'J' (or Jehovahh or YHWH) narrative as the dominant tradition, but they both had their adherents. the Israelite ('E' or "Elohistic") narrative features Elohim or El Shaddai as the name of God.

the big difference between the two groups? centered around the Mosaic tradition. Moses moved God from the mountain to the tabernacle and eventually to the temple in Jerusalem. The Israelites continued to worship on the mountain (the woman at the well, remember). there were other differences.
Scholars are in bitter disagreement over the origin of the the Yahweh religion and the identity of its founder, Moses. While Moses is an Egyptian name, the religion itself comes from Midian. In the account, Moses lives for a time with a Midianite priest, Jethro, at the foot of Mount Sinai. The Midianites seem to have a Yahweh religion already in place; they worship the god of Mount Sinai as a kind of powerful nature deity. So it's possible that the Hebrews picked up the Yahweh religion from another group of Semites and that this Yahweh religion slowly developed into the central religion of the Hebrews. All scholars are agreed, however, that the process was slow and painful. In the Hebrew history, all during the migration and for two centuries afterwards, the Hebrews follow many various religions unevenly.

The Mosaic religion was initially a monolatrous religion; while the Hebrews are enjoined to worship no deity but Yahweh, there is no evidence that the earliest Mosaic religion denied the existence of other gods. In fact, the account of the migration contains numerous references by the historical characters to other gods, and the first law of the Decalogue is, after all, that no gods be put before Yahweh, not that no other gods exist. While controversial among many people, most scholars have concluded that the initial Mosaic religion for about two hundred years was a monolatrous religion. For there is ample evidence in the Hebrew account of the settlement of Palestine, that the Hebrews frequently changed religions, often several times in a single lifetime.
- source

"monolatrous" means the recognition of the existence of many gods, but with the consistent worship of only one deity
El Shadai and El Ohim were titles that referred to God, they are not His actual Name.
or epithets, as i said.
The commandment does not deify other gods, it's recognizes their existence as idols but it's clear in the Bible that they are not "gods."
as the preachers preach. but... you can read, can't you? read it. you can understand what you read, cant you? you do not need to be told what the words mean. they mean what they say. How, for instance, could the Hebrews go ""whoring after other gods" if there were none? it does not say "false gods", it says "gods".
Can you prove that the dinosaurs would eat all humans and that they could not survive?
where the hell did THAT come from? Dinosaurs did not eat humans. there were few mammals around at the time.

geo.

It is all dependent upon which form of creationism you're proposing. There are many forms which are consistent with evolution. About the only one which is right out would be young earth creationism.

You can't really say that creationism and evolution are both real but in order to believe the bible you have to believe that dinosaurs and humans and all of the other animals that have died in mass extinctions all lived at the same time as humans and that neanderthals never existed which is all ridiculous...

What was the name of the Cannanite high god? God revealed that His name is YHWH (in Hebrew) Meaning "I am." El Shadai and El Ohim were titles that referred to God, they are not His actual Name. The commandment does not deify other gods, it's recognizes their existence as idols but it's clear in the Bible that they are not "gods." What it means is that we are to not worship any other deity but God alone. God clearly displayed in Exodus that He is the One True God and that there is no other God but Him.

Can you prove that the dinosaurs would eat all humans and that they could not survive? You admitted that you can't prove it. Why haven't we gone extinct already? Humans have always been physically weaker than other creatures, but it's our minds and intellect that make us the #1 organism on earth. You are merely speculating without any proof.
modern day mammals never existed when dinosaurs were alive. If you really think that all the millions of species had existed and then perished in such short amount of time, this would have been one crouded planet where we wouldnt be able to walk 1 ft without running into an organism. There was a whole drastic time period of various mammals that would simply not look recognizable at all to us before primates even started to bud.

The best you can do with creationism is believe that God startd the big bang and intentionally set everything to end up like it is today. That is the only logical reason where creationism can be valid, without denying scientific proof.

Touché.

(French isn't much ****ing better)

Personally, I like the "click" languages. Farcical things at least sound cool.

Khoisan really is a beautiful language. :lol:

I like !Kung, a dialect of Khoisan. Makes me think of horses galloping in a beautiful meadow... while tap dancing.

You can't really say that creationism and evolution are both real but in order to believe the bible you have to believe that dinosaurs and humans and all of the other animals that have died in mass extinctions all lived at the same time as humans and that neanderthals never existed which is all ridiculous...

No you don't. We don't know how long one of God's days is. Even in the Bible it suggests (figuratively) that a day to us is as 1000 years to God. Man was created after animals, not before.

So your blanket statements about what I and many others have to believe is just hot air.

Yowm, in hebrew, had two meanings. A day or a period of time. So when the bible was translated and the word day was used it was to define a period of time, not a 24 hour period.

Except for this extended explanation for what a day is

Genesis Chapter 1

"5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

It's incredibly clear that they were literal days.

Back
Top Bottom