• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Create and Punish An Imperfect Being?

donhughesmusic

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Why would God punish you for sins that he himself gave you the ability to do knowing he was creating an imperfect being? Practically, wouldn't he have not given you the ability to sin? Isn't it the same thing as a carpenter knowingly building a faulty house, then blaming the home buyers for the house collapsing?

Why would God punish you for sins that he himself gave you the ability to do knowing he was creating an imperfect being? Practically, wouldn't he have not given you the ability to sin? Isn't it the same thing as a carpenter knowingly building a faulty house, then blaming the home buyers for the house collapsing?
Well said. Fully agree. Now watch people post Bible passages.

Why would God punish you for sins that he himself gave you the ability to do knowing he was creating an imperfect being?
We were created "good". We had the ability not to sin. Then once Adam & Eve sinned, we lost that ability.

And that was our fault...not God's.
Practically, wouldn't he have not given you the ability to sin?
That's an awkward sentence.

Practically, we had the ability to not sin as mentioned above.
Isn't it the same thing as a carpenter knowingly building a faulty house, then blaming the home buyers for the house collapsing?
It's more like the carpenter built the house soundly and then the home-owners can it and cut-out all the supports.

We were created "good". We had the ability not to sin. Then once Adam & Eve sinned, we lost that ability.

And that was our fault...not God's.
So, God had no idea what he created.

Did God know Adam and Eve would sin before He ever created Adam and Eve?

It is a simple self fulfilling prophesy used by priests to control the masses.

Christian religion raised the bar on what is sin so high that no one can make a claim they have not sinned. Ergo we are all sinners and need god.

No, WE did not have the first sin, Adam and Eve did. Do you throw the parents in jail if their kid decides to commit Columbine? Seems to me if God is all knowing, he would just take away our ability to sin. Saves a lot of trouble wouldn't it?

(For the record, I am a believer... just asking this to create conversation)

I can never understand questions like this.

Either the person is being disingenuous making them a complete asshole and thus answering the question.

Or the person has such a narrow scope of thought that they couldn't comprehend the answer anyways.

Either the person is being disingenuous making them a complete asshole and thus answering the question.

Or the person has such a narrow scope of thought that they couldn't comprehend the answer anyways.
So, instead of answering the question and having meaningful conversation that may actually persuade the OP, you attack the OP and insinuate that he is stupid or an asshole? Got it.

You are just like the people in my Catholic parish who treated my mother like shit for divorcing my father without knowing the circumstances.

There is reason to think so.
Why would God intentionally create an imperfect being, knowing beforehand that being He chose to create of his own accord would be flawed, and would sin?

I thought the question was completely rational and well articulated.

Why would God intentionally create an imperfect being, knowing beforehand that being He chose to create of his own accord would be flawed, and would sin?
Man wasn't flawed. He had free-will and used it poorly.

To create a demand for religious tomes, preachers and churches, of course. ;)

Your post’s logical problem is assuming that God created humans instead of the other way around.

So, instead of answering the question and having meaningful conversation that may actually persuade the OP, you attack the OP and insinuate that he is stupid or an asshole? Got it.

You are just like the people in my Catholic parish who treated my mother like shit for divorcing my father without knowing the circumstances.

Like I said you are either disingenuous with your question or you would be unable to comprehend the answer. I belive its the former.

And it's not like the answer would even matter to you since you don't belive in God.

Back
Top Bottom