• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Conservatives Are Obsessed With Cultural Issues

What now?

@EMNofSeattle is a self-identified Catholic Monarchist, LostInSeattle. He dismisses the presumptive value of democracy in general, and does not truck with universal enfranchisement. He will be more than happy to discuss his ideal society at length with you if you wish to hear it.

@EMNofSeattle is a self-identified Catholic Monarchist, LostInSeattle. He dismisses the presumptive value of democracy in general, and does not truck with universal enfranchisement. He will be more than happy to discuss his ideal society at length with you if you wish to hear it.
Which means I am much closer to the American founding fathers then most modern Americans. Many of the founders were actual monarchists, they lived in states with established churches, and I am not aware of any who supported unconditional universal franchise

Which means I am much closer to the American founding fathers then most modern Americans. Many of the founders were actual monarchists, they lived in states with established churches, and I am not aware of any who supported unconditional universal franchise

Mayhap, EMNofSeattle. But none of them were Catholic monarchists to my recollection.

Mayhap, EMNofSeattle. But none of them were Catholic monarchists to my recollection.
There was a Catholic family from Maryland amongst them, whether they were monarchists I do not know.

However I do not strictly believe in a Catholic monarchy, that’s merely an ideal. I would go for reunification with the Throne of England

Ask any typical leftist what issues they are most concerned about. I guarantee you most are going to respond with: Health care, environment, unionization, and wages. Very very few are going to say they care most about the myriad of cultural issues reactionary conservatives are crying over.

Yet another silly hyperbolic response. What social issue is making our country 'literally die?'
nope the left cares about culutral issues such as racism a lot more than "unionization" and wages

nope the left cares about culutral issues such as racism a lot more than "unionization" and wages

Simply not true. Stop spending all your time on Twitter to get your 'info.'

During this “pride month” one cannot access American media without being deluged with ads proselytizing the LGBTQ lifestyle. They largely demand that the lifestyle be celebrated because toleration alone is no longer acceptable.

I personally find it gross to see two men kissing for example and would prefer not to see it but there is no disclaimer that this is about to be seen.

There is however a disclaimer before the 1960s TV show “Bonanza” warning that the show contains offensive cultural stereotypes that may be offensive.

My point in all of this is that it is the left who seems obsessed with cultural issues as everything I have presented has been a left cultural decision.

Here the mood is tolerance toward most every lifestyle but there is no perceived need to talk about it constantly.

It seems that in the US, people expect a general cultural celebration of alternative lifestyles.

There seems to be a “if you don’t celebrate it then you are as bad as the people who commit violence against people of alternative lifestyles” attitude.

Again that toxic notion of silence is violence.

Last edited:
Simply not true. Stop spending all your time on Twitter to get your 'info.'
Yes it is. No one is voting left because they want ILWU local 3729 to win the Cleveland warehouse contracts.

No one.

The left cares about cultural issues like their climate doomsday cult and fake police racism far more then any Union issue. Within a month of the election Biden put a black nationalist in charge of the DOJ civil rights division and canceled the keystone pipeline (which was being contracted by union workers)

You can cry all you want that the left is full of economic wonks who want more unions, but actions speak louder then words

Seems like more than ever conservatives are hyper focused on cultural debates and far less focused on economic issues. While I consider many cultural and societal issues to be important, they are often used as a distraction from our economic problems. I think a big reason why conservatives are so focused on culture is because they dont know where they stand on economics. Are they free market or protectionist? Pro big corporation or anti big corporation? They dont know. It seems like the American conservative movement is stuck in limbo and so they direct their ire towards non issues like Mr Potato Head or publication of Dr. Seuss books no one has ever read.
The dice where cast when Reagan got into bed with the evangelicals. From that point on pandering to the religious Right was #1 to get elected.

After 4 years of Trump what was lurking in the shadows for quite sometime came out, the racist. We all knew the GOP was full of homophobes, what really set them off was the SC decision making same sex marriage legel in all 50 a states. That one action by the SC was a wake up call that the Right was loosing the culture war. Since then they have gone full tilt crazy.

Really?

Unemployment %s were down at record lows for ALL demographics before the pandemic.

Which was a continuance of the downward trend established under Obama after some of the worst unemployment in history as a result of the Republican Great Recession. Did you pick up on my use of the term "historically"? Meaning for a much longer time period than just that period of time occurring immediately before the pandemic.

Back
Top Bottom