• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why conservatives are large percentage of unvaccinated

Check Florida and get back to me.
Florida has horrible vax rates:

Simple really. Conservatives are wary of government and rightly so. They tend to want to make their own decisions based on information they glean for themselves.
Leftist on the other hand like government that tells them what to do and makes decisions for them. Lifes just simpler that way and government replaces your parents. You never really have to grow up.

In this covid pandemic that leads to vaccine hesitancy by cons especially after Fauci lied right out of the gate and democrats said they wouldn't take "Trumps vaccine".

"Asked during a Sept. 2020 CNN interview whether she’d get the vaccine if it were released before the election, Harris said, “Well, I think that’s gotta be an issue for all of us.”

During that same interview, she claimed that scientists were being “muzzled,” “suppressed” and sidelined.”

“Because he’s looking at an election coming up in less than 60 days and he’s grasping to get whatever he can to pretend he has been a leader on this issue when he is not,” she said.

However, Moncef Slaoui, the then-chief adviser to Operation Warp Speed, confirmed at the time that none of this was true: “I have to say there has been absolutely no interference,” he said, as reported by CNN.

Anthony Fauci lied about masks; now he complains that people 'distrust authority'​

No, conservatives are fundamentally stupid and should listen to those who actually know what they're talking about. And that doesn't include Fox TV talking heads or AM radio presenters where most of their 'information' is gleaned from-if the responses on this forum are indicative.

Projection is fun but as of now the only ones calling for vaccine mandates are democrats.
If that's what it takes for the idiot conservatives to finally get the message, I'm all for it. It's those cretins and their arrogant petulance in refusing to be vaccinated who are fuelling the pandemic-and that's a major factor in the US being the world leader in Covid death and rates of infection. Get vaccinated and quit whining.

The FDA only very recently approved the vaccine and did so under tremendous political pressure so yeah some people either don't trust that approval or are still mulling it over.
Fact remains if you are young and healthy you have vey little to fear from covid.
Fact remains that you have no idea what you're talking about...

Why conservatives are large percentage of unvaccinated​

Because Donnie choose to politicize it
(are there additional factors? sure but alone they would rank pretty meaningless without Donnie making it political)

The End

I'm not talking about WHERE covid deaths happen, I'm talking about WHO is dying.....you framed this in terms of politics.....the LARGEST number of DEATHS is among older, white. males.

Again, keep it up, your side is causing their own demise.
Old white guys die at a higher rate from all diseases because there's more of us to start with.

Conservatives are not fools. It is wrong to say conservatives are unvaccinated----they ARE vaccinated. You speak of those who are NOT conservatives. Many trump supporters say they are conservative, but that is nearly impossible. CINO
Cons make up a disproportionate percentage of the unvaccinated. Trump supporters are more anti establishment than conservative although they to make up a disproportionate percentage of Trump supporters.

(are there additional factors? sure but alone they would rank pretty meaningless without Donnie making it political)

The End
Trump fast tracked the vaccine, "operation warp speed". The FDA also fast tracked approval which gives pause to many.

When you state "conservatives are large percentage of unvaccinated .." I don't see what that percentage is .. What is the percentage?

According to the governors of the states with low vaccination rates, it's not a conservative versus librul issue. It's primarily a socio-economic issue. Outside of the inner city areas and poverty stricken rural areas, most are vaccinated. Ofcourse that does not keep news outlets from highlighting anti-vaxxer rallies and making sure to flash in a Trump billboard to push a narrative.

The End
How in your opinion did trump politicize the vaccine?

Because they are brainwashed morons that listen to Fox news, who sells anti vax and anti mandate nonsense while they themselves require it.

They are dumb, hypocritical, shitty people who claim to be about responsbility but then just blames everybody else for their shitty life

There are also nutty liberals that are anti-vaccine. Those "natural remedies maaaan" type of people.

Trump fast tracked the vaccine, "operation warp speed". The FDA also fast tracked approval which gives pause to many.
all meaningless IMO to the fact that Donnie politized Coivd from the very beginning.

I can't imagine how much better off we would possibly be without him do that

The pfizer vaccine was developed in germany at the same rate without the US's involvement.

Weak sauce. You can't even defend your own absurd OP.
You invite the response with your bullshit like this:

Stir a pot then cry about it.
it's all right winger can do, they have no facts, they have no arguments, so its the same shit like this. Lie, deflect, project. They all do the same thing

How in your opinion did trump politicize the vaccine?
He politicized covid and covid response period .. . then once those dominos fell it was all down hill from there
once he had his meltdown about how he gets to tell governors what to do (because he has no clue how America, government and the constitution works) and it was explained to him that he didn't that was basically the beginning of the end.
After that the attacks on states, governors, etc that weren't doing what he wanted were daily, ignorant and out of control

is so sad that any president in our history would behave that way instead of trying a united front and shared message

Simple really. Conservatives are wary of government and rightly so. They tend to want to make their own decisions based on information they glean for themselves.
Leftist on the other hand like government that tells them what to do and makes decisions for them. Lifes just simpler that way and government replaces your parents. You never really have to grow up.

In this covid pandemic that leads to vaccine hesitancy by cons especially after Fauci lied right out of the gate and democrats said they wouldn't take "Trumps vaccine".

"Asked during a Sept. 2020 CNN interview whether she’d get the vaccine if it were released before the election, Harris said, “Well, I think that’s gotta be an issue for all of us.”

During that same interview, she claimed that scientists were being “muzzled,” “suppressed” and sidelined.”

“Because he’s looking at an election coming up in less than 60 days and he’s grasping to get whatever he can to pretend he has been a leader on this issue when he is not,” she said.

However, Moncef Slaoui, the then-chief adviser to Operation Warp Speed, confirmed at the time that none of this was true: “I have to say there has been absolutely no interference,” he said, as reported by CNN.

Anthony Fauci lied about masks; now he complains that people 'distrust authority'​

Is there any evidence that conservatives are not getting vaccinated. I'm conservative. The crowd I hang-out with is mostly conservative. The area I live in is "mostly" conservative. And most of us have been vaccinated.

If I look to the young, people of color and those that you world mostly associate with being liberal (nothing scientific about any of this, I know) they are the ones who are not getting vaccinated.

So my question is, is there any objective data that suggest that conservatives are not getting the vaccine? That has certainly not been my observation.

The pfizer vaccine was developed in germany at the same rate without the US's involvement.
Trump had no say over Germany rules and regulations. What he could and did do was streamline the process in America.

"While we accelerate the final phases of vaccine trials, Operation Warp Speed will be simultaneously accelerating its manufacturing and manufacturing process," said Trump. "Our task is so urgent, that under Operation Warp Speed, the federal government will invest in manufacturing all of the top vaccine candidates before they're approved so we're knowing exactly what we're doing, before they're approved."

Democrats and liberal media doubted the goal of having a vaccine in use by the end of 2020 from the word go. Getting a vaccine created, manufactured, and distributed in a matter of months had never been done before. Until President Trump's Operation Warp Speed, that is. "

Welp, looks like the thing that dead conservatives should have been wary of all along was their own bad judgment.

5 years ago when Trump came on the scene he lied, insulted, name called, bullied, etc. everyone. As the years went on he, and the GOP got worse and worse. Many here, including me asked, how low can Trump and the GOP go?

But then in 2020 Trump loses, he lies about losing, he calls state politicians trying to get then to overthrow the election results, many people around him call for Martial Law, then his supporters attack DC trying to over turn the election...The GOP attacked our democracy and was willing to install a dictator.... So yeah the GOP even went lower.

Now we're actually seeing governors of red states killing their own people, we're seeing Trumpsters dying just so they can 'own the libs'...

People are dying because of politics and because Republicans politicians are lying and doing everything they can to keep Covid spreading...

Is there anything lower than causing people's death? Stay tuned.....

Trump had no say over Germany rules and regulations. What he could and did do was streamline the process in America.

"While we accelerate the final phases of vaccine trials, Operation Warp Speed will be simultaneously accelerating its manufacturing and manufacturing process," said Trump. "Our task is so urgent, that under Operation Warp Speed, the federal government will invest in manufacturing all of the top vaccine candidates before they're approved so we're knowing exactly what we're doing, before they're approved."

Democrats and liberal media doubted the goal of having a vaccine in use by the end of 2020 from the word go. Getting a vaccine created, manufactured, and distributed in a matter of months had never been done before. Until President Trump's Operation Warp Speed, that is. "

First, use a real source, not townhall

Second, the only participation Pfizer has with warp speed is they accepted the purchase order for 100 million initial doses. All of the development was done in germany.

Is there any evidence that conservatives are not getting vaccinated. I'm conservative. The crowd I hang-out with is mostly conservative. The area I live in is "mostly" conservative. And most of us have been vaccinated.

If I look to the young, people of color and those that you world mostly associate with being liberal (nothing scientific about any of this, I know) they are the ones who are not getting vaccinated.

So my question is, is there any objective data that suggest that conservatives are not getting the vaccine? That has certainly not been my observation.
I also got vaccinated and am right of center. If you can trust current statistics they claim cons make up a disproportionate percentage of the unvaccinated.
He politicized covid and covid response period .. . then once those dominos fell it was all down hill from there
once he had his meltdown about how he gets to tell governors what to do (because he has no clue how America, government and the constitution works) and it was explained to him that he didn't that was basically the beginning of the end.
After that the attacks on states, governors, etc that weren't doing what he wanted were daily, ignorant and out of control

is so sad that any president in our history would behave that way instead of trying a united front and shared message
As I suspected you have nothing to back up your claim that Trump politicized the vaccine.
Democrats however that said they "wouldn't take "Trumps vaccine" did exactly that .
5 years ago when Trump came on the scene he lied, insulted, name called, bullied, etc. everyone. As the years went on he, and the GOP got worse and worse. Many here, including me asked, how low can Trump and the GOP go?

But then in 2020 Trump loses, he lies about losing, he calls state politicians trying to get then to overthrow the election results, many people around him call for Martial Law, then his supporters attack DC trying to over turn the election...The GOP attacked our democracy and was willing to install a dictator.... So yeah the GOP even went lower.

Now we're actually seeing governors of red states killing their own people, we're seeing Trumpsters dying just so they can 'own the libs'...

People are dying because of politics and because Republicans politicians are lying and doing everything they can to keep Covid spreading...

Is there anything lower than causing people's death? Stay tuned.....
TDS on display.

According to the governors of the states with low vaccination rates, it's not a conservative versus librul issue. It's primarily a socio-economic issue. Outside of the inner city areas and poverty stricken rural areas, most are vaccinated. Ofcourse that does not keep news outlets from highlighting anti-vaxxer rallies and making sure to flash in a Trump billboard to push a narrative.
This is where my mind was as well ... considering black americans are disproportionately less likely to get vaccinated, and they clearly don't typically align with politically on the conservative side.

Regardless .. let's humor that a majority of "anti-vaxxers" are conservative .. and they are stupid. Doesn't that also carry over to the remaining population who choose not to get the vaccine outside of the right leaning category? Democrats are calling themselves stupid?

First, use a real source, not townhall

Second, the only participation Pfizer has with warp speed is they accepted the purchase order for 100 million initial doses. All of the development was done in germany.

Is Pfizer working with Operation Warp Speed?​

Pfizer is working very closely with the U.S. government on several fronts as we strategize and plan for our future COVID-19 vaccine distribution effort, keeping in mind that our vaccine candidate needs to clear a number of efficacy, safety and manufacturing hurdles before we submit for any FDA consideration. General Gustave Perna and the Operation Warp Speed team have offered any and all support and we are grateful for that as what we are tasked with is no simple feat.
A few areas where we have been collaborating include:
  • a direct ship distribution strategy that minimizes the transportation time from our facility to the point of use,
  • synchronization of our vaccine shipments with the delivery of an ancillary kit that contains supplies required to administer the vaccine, and
  • a second dose inventory management system.
The combination of OWS logistics expertise coupled with Pfizer’s deep manufacturing and distribution expertise provides a solid foundation for success

There’s countless surveys showing a correlation between Presidential vote and likelihood of being vaccinated. There’s tons of these things, and the trends are always the same. If the correlation wasn’t there, the trends would show variation, but they never do.

990BFFE1-7534-4B7D-AEA3-154393570F54.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom