• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why conservatives are large percentage of unvaccinated

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Simple really. Conservatives are wary of government and rightly so. They tend to want to make their own decisions based on information they glean for themselves.
Leftist on the other hand like government that tells them what to do and makes decisions for them. Lifes just simpler that way and government replaces your parents. You never really have to grow up.

In this covid pandemic that leads to vaccine hesitancy by cons especially after Fauci lied right out of the gate and democrats said they wouldn't take "Trumps vaccine".

"Asked during a Sept. 2020 CNN interview whether she’d get the vaccine if it were released before the election, Harris said, “Well, I think that’s gotta be an issue for all of us.”

During that same interview, she claimed that scientists were being “muzzled,” “suppressed” and sidelined.”

“Because he’s looking at an election coming up in less than 60 days and he’s grasping to get whatever he can to pretend he has been a leader on this issue when he is not,” she said.

However, Moncef Slaoui, the then-chief adviser to Operation Warp Speed, confirmed at the time that none of this was true: “I have to say there has been absolutely no interference,” he said, as reported by CNN.

Anthony Fauci lied about masks; now he complains that people 'distrust authority'​

Simple really. Conservatives are wary of government and rightly so. They tend to want to make their own decisions based on information they glean for themselves.
Leftist on the other hand like government that tells them what to do and makes decisions for them. Lifes just simpler that way and government replaces your parents. You never really have to grow up.

In this covid pandemic that leads to vaccine hesitancy by cons especially after Fauci lied right out of the gate and democrats said they wouldn't take "Trumps vaccine".

"Asked during a Sept. 2020 CNN interview whether she’d get the vaccine if it were released before the election, Harris said, “Well, I think that’s gotta be an issue for all of us.”

During that same interview, she claimed that scientists were being “muzzled,” “suppressed” and sidelined.”

“Because he’s looking at an election coming up in less than 60 days and he’s grasping to get whatever he can to pretend he has been a leader on this issue when he is not,” she said.

However, Moncef Slaoui, the then-chief adviser to Operation Warp Speed, confirmed at the time that none of this was true: “I have to say there has been absolutely no interference,” he said, as reported by CNN.

Anthony Fauci lied about masks; now he complains that people 'distrust authority'​

You said, "They tend to want to make their own decisions based on information they glean for themselves."

You mean the group that believes the election was rigged?
images

That's what I thought originally too. But then why do they have such strong agendas against abortion and gay marriage and transgender people and legalizing pot?

Biden and Harris have to accept a lot of the blame, they said they would not take it, then they try shaming half the country into taking it and calling them murderers if they don't take it. Now they just can't understand why some people won't listen to them. BTW where is Kamala hiding instead of fixing the border like Joe told her to do?

That's what I thought originally too. But then why do they have such strong agendas against abortion and gay marriage and transgender people and legalizing pot?
Abortion and gay marriage are more a religious thing than a con thing but yes cons tend to be more religious so more cons are anti those two things. As for pot a true conservative should say put what you want in your body.

The GOP base does not care about small government, and you can bet if Trump had won in 2020 they would now be chomping at the bit to forcibly vaccinate minorities.

You conservatives are more afraid of the "gov" than you are of covid. LOL You cons think you're independent and self-sufficient, but we know you like your big gov.

Because they're dumbasses who leave widows.
Well, the don't put your political leanings on death certificates, but if you buy into the Red/Blue state thing, way more widows in blue states.

The GOP base does not care about small government, and you can bet if Trump had won in 2020 they would now be chomping at the bit to forcibly vaccinate minorities.
Projection is fun but as of now the only ones calling for vaccine mandates are democrats.

Abortion and gay marriage are more a religious thing than a con thing but yes cons tend to be more religious so more cons are anti those two things. As for pot a true conservative should say put what you want in your body.
erhhhh! religion is the pinnacle of conservatives. Conservatives base their beliefs on it.

You conservatives are more afraid of the "gov" than you are of covid. LOL You cons think you're independent and self-sufficient, but we know you like your big gov.
I personally weighed the risk and chose to vaccinate since I'm officially a "senior citizen" but yes many are more afraid of government than covid, especially the young and healthy. The overwhelming majority of those that don't vaccinate will be fine but it's true that group will disproportionately fill hospital beds.

erhhhh! religion is the pinnacle of conservatives. Conservatives base their beliefs on it.
Actually cons base their beliefs on the Bill of Rights and the constitution. Liberty and freedom are the guiding tenants of cons and the constitution makes sure religion does not have a place in government so your premise is flawed.

When you state "conservatives are large percentage of unvaccinated .." I don't see what that percentage is .. What is the percentage?

Actually cons base their beliefs on the Bill of Rights and the constitution.
Horse shit. They have no ****ing clue.

Liberty and freedom are the guiding tenants of cons
Yea, only as long as it is along the line they see as freedom.

and the constitution makes sure religion does not have a place in government so your premise is flawed.
More crap. It is a Christian nation, bull crap that is touted day in day out.

Conservatives are wary of government and rightly so. They tend to want to make their own decisions based on information they glean for themselves.
Leftist on the other hand like government that tells them what to do and makes decisions for them.

This post is shallow and biased.

The simplicity of thought contained in this post is, sadly, typical of most Americas. Uneducated.

I sometimes read posts here and I wonder, has anyone ever learned anything in school?

peace

Is that why they are taking Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroqine? Wary of government but more than happy to believe what someone said at the local coffee shop or FB page. Blaming Dr. Fauci is always a good fallback position.

Horse shit. They have no ****ing clue.

Yea, only as long as it is along the line they see as freedom.

More crap. It is a Christian nation, bull crap that is touted day in day out.
Indeed America was founded on Christian principles but "the church" was meticulously kept out of government. The church played a very large role in Europe government and the founders made great pains for that not to be the case here. "Seperation of church and state" was paramount.

Simple really

They sure are....

Indeed America was founded on Christian principles but "the church" was meticulously kept out of government. The church played a very large role in Europe government and the founders made great pains for that not to be the case here. "Seperation of church and state" was paramount.
Yes the morons still claim that it is a Christian nation and want it ruled by Christian values.

Normal people are concerned about a respiratory virus that has killed 660K people, and take a safe, CDC recommended, FDA approved vaccine that dramatically reduces their chances of getting it, and if so of being hospitalized or dying. This is a conscious choice, and it's a surprisingly easy one for many in our population.

According to you, Republicans are so terribly fearful of government and CDC, that they refuse the recommended FDA approved vaccine purely based on that animalistic fear. But because they are not dealing with a full deck, they fabricate an intricate web of rationalizations and beliefs to try and justify it with their "own research" like:

1. It's OK if I get Covid, I'll just use ivermeticn
2. It's OK if I get Covid, I'll just use hydroxychlorquine
3. It's OK if I get Covid, I have an Immune System
4. It's OK if I get Covid, most people live...but a lot don't, but most live so I'm therefore most people until I'm not
5. The vaccine isn't safe based on [nothing credible]
6. I am rejecting this life saving vaccine out of spite for liberals and government
7. It's got a microchip in it and it makes you infertile
8. I'm not taking the Fauci Ouchi!!
etc.

This makes no sense.

If you are wary of the government regarding a vaccine you’d talk to your doctor. The vast majority of doctors would recommend you get the vaccine. So if you don’t get the vaccine it’s not that you’re wary of the government it’s because your looking for a scapegoat probably because you are believing Billy Bob who works at Casey’s on Facebook that the vaccine changes your DNA over a medical doctor.

Is that why they are taking Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroqine? Wary of government but more than happy to believe what someone said at the local coffee shop or FB page. Blaming Dr. Fauci is always a good fallback position.
Hydroxychloroqine andIvermectin are drugs with a very long history of safe use so some people are naturally more trusting of them than a brand new drug.

Back
Top Bottom