• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why can't I bear these arms?

Don't forget they actually had to be organized and trained into an actual army before that happened. The British were not chased off by amatuers in the end.

Not exactly pros, either.

They were amateurs that already had most of their fighting skills and got very little in the way of training.

Citizen soldiers who were excellent shots......the very best kind.

I think the cannon were owned by prominent members of the militia, but I don't recall seeing any details on that. Maybe somebody else here has a reference for that info.

Constitution and Bill of Rights (1787–1789)

The delegates of the Constitutional Convention (the founding fathers/framers of the United States Constitution) under Article 1; section 8, clauses 15 and 16 of the federal constitution, granted Congress the power to "provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia," as well as, and in distinction to, the power to raise an army and a navy. The US Congress is granted the power to use the militia of the United States for three specific missions, as described in Article 1, section 8, clause 15: "To provide for the calling of the militia to execute the laws of the Union, suppress insurrections, and repel invasions." The Militia Act of 1792[19] clarified whom the militia consists of; "Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia, by the Captain or Commanding Officer of the company, within whose bounds such citizen shall reside, and that within twelve months after the passing of this Act."

Anybody can aim a firearm.

LOL!

That's all I can say to that.

(I've taught a lot of people to shoot.)

:)

Not exactly pros, either.

They were amateurs that already had most of their fighting skills and got very little in the way of training.

Citizen soldiers who were excellent shots......the very best kind.

Actually, there were a number of European mercenaries who came to America to train the continentals. All those guys were old hands, and they turned the Americans into professionals as well.

How many times did the revolution almost fall apart because the citizen soldiers were unwilling to fight outside of their own backyards, or went home in the middle of a campaign?

I just told you how to find out, dude. I guess you don't actually want to know. Troll, it is.

Send me the link!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

state is not capitalised as the first transcript was corrected by Jefferson deliberately. It is state

Government made the laws and the ATF with the consent of the duped by propaganda people at the time. That consent may be withdrawn at any time.

So the ATF and the laws made our regulated federally? Can they be altered anytime they want? Who controls the ATF in those laws?

This is whack unconstitutional!!!

You can own any of those legally in semi-auto versions in most states. You can also (If you have the money) own the full auto version in most states.
Someone posted on here you can't own a fully automatic weapon if it was manufactured after 1986. Is that not true?

Can you link me how I can just pay money and own a fully automatic versions. So states can decide whether not to carry fully automatic weapons?

Someone posted on here you can't own a fully automatic weapon if it was manufactured after 1986. Is that not true?

Can you link me how I can just pay money and own a fully automatic versions. So states can decide whether not to carry fully automatic weapons?

You did not specify new or used. If you want to know how, Google it.

Why would it be troublesome? It is nothing but a longer background check and tax stamp. What is so troublesme about that?

Well, buy one then.

Have fun.

:mrgreen:

Send me the link!

It's not available online, but you can find it in a library. Particularly a law library.

So in other words you have no clue. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Let us know which one you get and give us a review when you test it.

You're welcome.

Let us know which one you get and give us a review when you test it.

How about I show you video's of people shooting some of the weapons mentioned like the M4, M16 and one I used in the Army back in the day the M3A3 .45 grease gun. Or how about the venerable Sterling?

Cudos on trying to avoid me being notified. However I actually checked because I suspected dishonesty from someone who knows little but speaks much.

Cudos on trying to avoid me being notified. However I actually checked because I suspected dishonesty from someone who knows little but speaks much.

Nobody has any idea what you're talking about.

Please to elucidate.

Nobody has any idea what you're talking about.

Please to elucidate.

We all know, or at least anyone who has been here more than a month. In the end however this thread is not about you or your obviously ignorant comments on weapons.

Thanks for playing.

e·lu·ci·date
ēˈlo͞osəˌdāt/
verb
past tense: elucidated; past participle: elucidated

make (something) clear; explain.
"work such as theirs will help to elucidate this matter"
synonyms: explain, make clear, illuminate, throw/shed light on, clarify, clear up, sort out, unravel, spell out; More

e·lu·ci·date
ēˈlo͞osəˌdāt/
verb
past tense: elucidated; past participle: elucidated

make (something) clear; explain.
"work such as theirs will help to elucidate this matter"
synonyms: explain, make clear, illuminate, throw/shed light on, clarify, clear up, sort out, unravel, spell out; More

I guess you missed "We all know, or at least anyone who has been here more than a month."

Again... Nice try but no cigar. :2wave:

Again......no idea what you're talking about.

So nobody understands you?

We had a pair of purloined twin .50's on our 5 ton wrecker... One was stamped "AC Spark Plug", and the other was "Remington" as I recall.

The guys never had any problems during a recovery when we let loose a blast on the way in. LOL

Back
Top Bottom