• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why cant House vote on exact bill previously passed by Senate and sent it over to the white house?

Melrose

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
My understanding is that the Senate passed a bill to fund the government December 19 2018, why cant the House now vote on that same exact bill now (without changes) and send it over to the president?

My understanding is that the Senate passed a bill to fund the government December 19 2018, why cant the House now vote on that same exact bill now (without changes) and send it over to the president?

You should probably look at the bill that the Senate passed and look at the bill the Dems will propose. Look at the differences. That will probably show you why the Dems won't do as you suggest.

It's a fact that both Parties have their agenda, right? Look at what's buried in both bills for the stuff that promotes their agendas.

That may be. The House also passed a bill and sent it to the Senate. Why can't they send it to the president to vet... I mean sign?

Because the government has become dysfunctional due to partisan wrangling, that's why.

Because at the end of one session of Congress, any unresolved bills are immediately dead.

The bill can be reintroduced and revoted on, not a problem. But the bill the Senate passed on December 19th was no longer a valid bill as of January 3rd with the new congress.

.>>>>

Because at the end of one session of Congress, any unresolved bills are immediately dead.

The bill can be reintroduced and revoted on, not a problem. But the bill the Senate passed on December 19th was no longer a valid bill as of January 3rd with the new congress.

.>>>>

We have a winner!!!!!!

^^

Ditto! :thumbs:

.>>>>

Thanks WorldWatcher now this makes perfect sense.

.>>>>

Thank you for actually answering a question without any political slant....so refreshing!

Back
Top Bottom