• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why can some have guns and not others?

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

So. What makes his life more valuable than mine? He can have armed security? I can't?

Journalist Accosted By Security Over Mayor Bloomberg Gun Control Question - YouTube

Mayor Bloomberg? Why does he get armed security and not me?

Rosie O'Donnell's hypocrisy finally caught up to her | Human Events

Rosie? You have armed security?

Get off Piers Morgan’s lawn!

Piers Morgan? You have Armed Security? WHAT?

Oprah Winfrey gets hardcore security Down Under - but would prefer your mum's house - CelebrityFIX

Oprah? You get a gun? Everyone gets a gun?

Well unless you are a "poor" American...aka you don't make as much as these people. You aren't valuable. You don't matter. You aren't important. Yet every single anti-gun sucker on this website and in this country will continue to exclaim that these people are more valuable or more important. Or "they get death threats." So? They get security? What do I do? I can't afford armed security. I can't afford an alarm system. It is sad how much hypocrisy goes into the "gun control" crowd.

So. What makes his life more valuable than mine? He can have armed security? I can't?

Journalist Accosted By Security Over Mayor Bloomberg Gun Control Question - YouTube

Oprah Winfrey gets hardcore security Down Under - but would prefer your mum's house - CelebrityFIX

Well unless you are a "poor" American...aka you don't make as much as these people. You aren't valuable. You don't matter. You aren't important. Yet every single anti-gun sucker on this website and in this country will continue to exclaim that these people are more valuable or more important. Or "they get death threats." So? They get security? What do I do? I can't afford armed security. I can't afford an alarm system. It is sad how much hypocrisy goes into the "gun control" crowd.
If any one of the aforementioned clowns dropped dead it would be a net positive on the world.

So why can't you have armed security?

Because people have to eat, pay bills, and don't make the money that those assclowns make.

So is this a class warfare problem? Theoretically, you try to make more money so you can afford luxuries. Armed security is quite a luxury unless you're a famous person or a drug dealer. What are the odds you'll ever need these guards?

So is this a class warfare problem? Theoretically, you try to make more money so you can afford luxuries. Armed security is quite a luxury unless you're a famous person or a drug dealer. What are the odds you'll ever need these guards?
This is about a bunch of idiots who lucked out in life paying better people to protect their sorry asses. Security costs hundreds of thousands of dollars per year that most people don't have free. Point to any one of the clowns in the OP having an actual intelligent issuance or real talent to make what they have made in life, by all means.

These idiots outsource their personal safety to others for a price, a price most people can't pay, but yet would take the next best option away from people who watch their crappy movies, TV shows, and patronize their businesses(Bloomberg). Honestly, not one of those fools contributes **** to society.

This is about a bunch of idiots who lucked out in life paying better people to protect their sorry asses. Security costs hundreds of thousands of dollars per year that most people don't have free. Point to any one of the clowns in the OP having an actual intelligent issuance or real talent to make what they have made in life, by all means.

These idiots outsource their personal safety to others for a price, a price most people can't pay, but yet would take the next best option away from people who watch their crappy movies, TV shows, and patronize their businesses(Bloomberg). Honestly, not one of those fools contributes **** to society.

Well, even you seem to be mad at them so I can imagine they have plenty of unknown enemies, therefore the guards. Wouldn't be my life choice but like you say, it's all about luck.

Well, even you seem to be mad at them so I can imagine they have plenty of unknown enemies, therefore the guards. Wouldn't be my life choice but like you say, it's all about luck.
I'm saying, name one thing these people have shown talent wise, I truly hate these people, they are idiots with agendas and they are attacking the U.S. whether you believe that or not. They attack "rich people" while enjoying all the spoils of their luck, I have zero problems with earned wealth, but these clowns literally lucked out in life. The biggest issue, they get in the way of average citizens, then try to bull**** people saying "I care about you" and make money on sheep, then, they tell people "you shouldn't own guns" while their pathetic asses are protected by men with guns. I own firearms to protect the things I care about in life, I stay in shape and learn defense for the same reason, not one of those idiots could pay me enough to protect them, not one.

The big problem is that those Liberal icons want to disarm the rest of us while they remain protected. Sorry, but my life and that of my family is worth more than the whole freakish bunch of them together.

A large part of Obama's assigned second term duties was to deliver a defenseless American populace to the 3rd World criminals in the UN. It ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

Nonetheless I see you never answered specklebang's question. :shrug:

What are the odds you'll ever need these guards?

I'm saying, name one thing these people have shown talent wise, I truly hate these people, they are idiots with agendas and they are attacking the U.S. whether you believe that or not. They attack "rich people" while enjoying all the spoils of their luck, I have zero problems with earned wealth, but these clowns literally lucked out in life. The biggest issue, they get in the way of average citizens, then try to bull**** people saying "I care about you" and make money on sheep, then, they tell people "you shouldn't own guns" while their pathetic asses are protected by men with guns. I own firearms to protect the things I care about in life, I stay in shape and learn defense for the same reason, not one of those idiots could pay me enough to protect them, not one.

Sounds to me like you have a real jealousy issue. With the exception of Bloomburg none of them have any authority over who does or does not have guns. All they have are opinions so why worry about them, unless you're just envious that they make lots more money then you do. Perhaps if you spent less time on internet forums whining about things and more time improving your job skills then perhaps one day you can afford your very own security force.

People like these have absolutely no business trying to dictate who can or can't get a gun. They are more than happy to try to impose restrictions on the common folks but bet Bloomturn's,Obama and other anti-2nd amendment scum in office security guards are not limited to 7 round magazines and I am pretty sure the gun free zones do not apply to them as well. This is why should write our elected officials to make these anti-2nd amendment apply to everyone equally and to ban exceptions.If I can't carry a gun then neither should any government official, agency or security. If I can't carry a gun into a gun free zone then neither should any government official, agency or security be allowed to carry a gun into a gun free zone. If I am limited to a 7 round magazine,or have to use some tool just to change magazines then so should government officials, agencies and their security. If I am limited to only having one gun and or one magazine then government officials if they have no security should only be limited to one gun and one magazine, if they have a security detail then on one of those guys can have one gun and one magazine, and the same thing applies to government agencies as well.

Sounds to me like you have a real jealousy issue. With the exception of Bloomburg none of them have any authority over who does or does not have guns. All they have are opinions so why worry about them, unless you're just envious that they make lots more money then you do. Perhaps if you spent less time on internet forums whining about things and more time improving your job skills then perhaps one day you can afford your very own security force.

that's a really silly charge. I guess what you are saying is you are anti gun rights and rather than dealing with hypocrisy from rich liberals, you want to attack those who point out how idiotic it is for those who have armed guards to push for disarming other people

So why can't you have armed security?

Well according to these people...guns are bad. Guns kill people. Guns only exist for murder. Yet when it comes to THEIR protection...it is all well and good that someone has a gun. So...what makes their life more valuable?

Because people have to eat, pay bills, and don't make the money that those assclowns make.

I bet they drive more expensive cars than we do to.
Security is not a class warfare deal.
Its a "if you dont believe in guns for personal use", dont be a hypocrite and hire armed men to stand around you all day.

I bet they drive more expensive cars than we do to.
Security is not a class warfare deal.
Its a "if you dont believe in guns for personal use", dont be a hypocrite and hire armed men to stand around you all day.
Yep, funny how liberals who tend to rant against wealth are coming in to protect those hypocrites, past their "prime" morons who have more security than a small town police station but would take self defense tools out of the very hands of the people defending them.

Nonetheless I see you never answered specklebang's question. :shrug:

Well according to these people...guns are bad. Guns kill people. Guns only exist for murder. Yet when it comes to THEIR protection...it is all well and good that someone has a gun. So...what makes their life more valuable?

OK, just a reminder that we are here to entertain ourselves and that none of this discussion is pro or anti anything. I don't have a TV but I know who these people are, although I can't speak to their talent.

I'm not sure how Bloomberg became so fabulously wealthy but he must have exhibited some talent at some point unless he won the lottery and never had a business. Of all the referenced individuals in the OP, he's the only one that matters since he's the only one with any authority. Oprah Winfrey may be one of the richest women in the world but she has no more power than I do.

Bloomberg is the duly elected mayor of NYC and NYC has had draconian gun laws since the Sullivan Act was passed to protect crooked politicians. So, he really only affects a small region and even New Yorkers can get gun permits - if they are high profile targets such as jewelers. My info on NYC is ancient so if I'm wrong, please just correct me.

As for the others, they have opinions©. They have a right to those opinions just as you have a right to yours. Being angry with someone for having opinions you don't agree with is an exercise in futility. We all agree on some things and not on others. Unless we are robots that are pre-programmed (some days I wonder), it is inevitable that we will have differences.

So, I don't think it's a matter of whose life is more valuable but whose life is more vulnerable. If you're a nobody in NYC, you can't (legally) get and carry a handgun. So, you can move to anyplace (and there are many) that is gun-friendly (like NV) or carry one illegally, just as any criminal. Or, you can follow the American Dream, make lots of money and hire a bodyguard. Or, you can go into a field where your life is at risk and carry a gun yourself. Or, you can become a bodyguard and have a gun. There are many options and some entertainer's thoughts don't really cause any change to the fabric of reality.

OK, just a reminder that we are here to entertain ourselves and that none of this discussion is pro or anti anything. I don't have a TV but I know who these people are, although I can't speak to their talent.

I'm not sure how Bloomberg became so fabulously wealthy but he must have exhibited some talent at some point unless he won the lottery and never had a business. Of all the referenced individuals in the OP, he's the only one that matters since he's the only one with any authority. Oprah Winfrey may be one of the richest women in the world but she has no more power than I do.

Bloomberg is the duly elected mayor of NYC and NYC has had draconian gun laws since the Sullivan Act was passed to protect crooked politicians. So, he really only affects a small region and even New Yorkers can get gun permits - if they are high profile targets such as jewelers. My info on NYC is ancient so if I'm wrong, please just correct me.

As for the others, they have opinions©. They have a right to those opinions just as you have a right to yours. Being angry with someone for having opinions you don't agree with is an exercise in futility. We all agree on some things and not on others. Unless we are robots that are pre-programmed (some days I wonder), it is inevitable that we will have differences.

So, I don't think it's a matter of whose life is more valuable but whose life is more vulnerable. If you're a nobody in NYC, you can't (legally) get and carry a handgun. So, you can move to anyplace (and there are many) that is gun-friendly (like NV) or carry one illegally, just as any criminal. Or, you can follow the American Dream, make lots of money and hire a bodyguard. Or, you can go into a field where your life is at risk and carry a gun yourself. Or, you can become a bodyguard and have a gun. There are many options and some entertainer's thoughts don't really cause any change to the fabric of reality.
Bloomberg was a wall street banker who founded Bloomberg media. Realistically, he used partner status to go nto a high risk catagory at the right time and it payed off. Business wise the man isn't stupid, basics though he's a complete asshole. The rest are absolute morons.

that's a really silly charge. I guess what you are saying is you are anti gun rights and rather than dealing with hypocrisy from rich liberals, you want to attack those who point out how idiotic it is for those who have armed guards to push for disarming other people
I've interacted with him before. I don't have time to respond to the tripe he posted.

Bloomberg was a wall street banker who founded Bloomberg media. Realistically, he used partner status to go nto a high risk catagory at the right time and it payed off. Business wise the man isn't stupid, basics though he's a complete asshole. The rest are absolute morons.

Ah, rather similar to Mitt Romney then.

Remember, only Bloomberg has true influence and that's over a few square miles. The others, maybe they are idiots, but they are smart idiots who have made great fortunes but their opinions are still just - opinions.

Ah, rather similar to Mitt Romney then.

Remember, only Bloomberg has true influence and that's over a few square miles. The others, maybe they are idiots, but they are smart idiots who have made great fortunes but their opinions are still just - opinions.
Nope not at all like Romney.

Back
Top Bottom