• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why black lives matter

How many decades, or how many generations need to have affirmative action? It isn't that affirmative action is "racist" against whites, it is that it pushes forward people who are less qualified for jobs or for admission to schools. How does it help Black people to lower standards? All it does is create lowered expectations and mediocrity.

If the NBA had affirmative action, then the game would have to include a lot of short Japanese men---- and how would that make it a better game?

Comparing apples and oranges. You are comparing playing basketball with a 9-5 regular job or going to college.

Give me a break.

So what are you saying, that blacks are not smart/qualified enough to get these jobs without affirmative action?

I didn't push to drive the legislation .. Why does Affirmative Action exist?

I would suggest you look at Trump's history with racial discrimination in real estate.

Do you know what terms like redlining and gentrification mean? It wasn't long ago that Real Estate agents would be fired if they tried to sell a home to a black person.

So-called "gentrification" began during the Trump presidency? Biden has been in politics for 50-ish years .. why didn't he focus on gentrification as a priority instead of the 1994 Crime Bill that has enslaved thousands of the black population to prison life?

One thing that always gets me about the anti-black lives matter crowd is that they want all people to be treated equally, with no special treatment. I want to ask, when has that applied to our countries history, ever, where everybody has been treated equally?

Our country has always been divided by different groups - race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, etc.. etc... IMO it is completely tone-deaf to say every person is the same and we need to treat each person equally. Every group is different and diverse.

If you are a parent who on earth treats their son exactly the same as their daughter? So why would we treat a black kid the same as a white kid? Transgender the same as a cisgender?

IMO looking at people all the same, is a very simplistic and black/white view on our society. It ignores a lot.
There is no "anti-black lives matter" crowd. There is, however, an ever-growing majority of the country opposed to the Marxist organization Black Lives Matter (BLM) that's employed conspiracy theory about racism to create mass hysteria and orchestrate bullying, rioting, looting, assaulting, and murdering in our cities' streets for the past 3 months.

Your entire post here is basically saying "there's racism (and the like) run amuck in America and that justifies special compensation treatment for those who have been and are being harmed by it".

:roll:

There is no racism (or the like) run amuck here in America. BLM says racism is a 10 on a 1-10 scale, but that's false and merely a piece of their conspiracy theory. BLM says the police target Black people with brutality, but that's false too, and again is merely another piece of BLM's conspiracy theory.

The truth is racism in America is way, way, way below a 1 on a 1-10 scale, and accurately presented statistics prove that the police do not target Black people with brutality.

But BLM has trotted out a handful of exceptional anecdotes, inaccurately described .. a mere handful, I reiterate .. and have concluded from that teeny weeny tiny number of specious cases that "the police all over America all the time target Black people with brutality". What absolutely idiotic reasoning!

So, if you're wondering why an ever-growing majority of Americans are opposed to BLM, it's because of BLM's false accusations of racism and false accusations about the police .. oh, and all the BLM riots that have burned down big chunks of many cities in America .. .. that kind of stuff.

So the rest of your post is lost.

One thing that always gets me about the anti-black lives matter crowd is that they want all people to be treated equally, with no special treatment. I want to ask, when has that applied to our countries history, ever, where everybody has been treated equally?

Our country has always been divided by different groups - race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, etc.. etc... IMO it is completely tone-deaf to say every person is the same and we need to treat each person equally. Every group is different and diverse.

If you are a parent who on earth treats their son exactly the same as their daughter? So why would we treat a black kid the same as a white kid? Transgender the same as a cisgender?

IMO looking at people all the same, is a very simplistic and black/white view on our society. It ignores a lot.

That's an interesting take, but kind of ironic, when it seems like every time someone points out the fact that blacks are different than whites in that their higher rate of deaths at the hands of police is entirely explained by their higher rate of violent crime, that person is labeled as a racist.

Comparing apples and oranges. You are comparing playing basketball with a 9-5 regular job or going to college.

Give me a break.

What do employers and owners of "9-5 regular jobs" and NBA teams have in common? I'll tell you what: They BOTH want the best and most capable people. You are not guaranteed to get that with affirmative action. Business is BUSINESS. It's about the bottom line. Hiring anyone less qualified than someone else is nothing but social engineering charity. Make that the norm and then you NEVER will have the more capable people looking at the less capable as equals. Just won't happen. The less qualified will always be looked down on, so why have a system like that?

What do employers and owners of "9-5 regular jobs" and NBA teams have in common? I'll tell you what: They BOTH want the best and most capable people. You are not guaranteed to get that with affirmative action. Business is BUSINESS. It's about the bottom line. Hiring anyone less qualified than someone else is nothing but social engineering charity. Make that the norm and then you NEVER will have the more capable people looking at the less capable as equals. Just won't happen. The less qualified will always be looked down on, so why have a system like that?

A job is a right.

Playing in the NBA is a privilege.

And you must live in some alternative reality. Depending on the employer, most want the best fit, not the most qualified person.

A job is a right.

And you must live in some alternative reality. Depending on the employer, most want the best fit, not the most qualified person.

A job is not a right and never has been.

Playing in the NBA is not a privilege, it's a job.

True, but he's been in government for literally 47 years. You claimed it is the people in government who are the problem, so I'd like to know if Joe Biden was part of the group that is the problem.

Since I'm talking about the present and not the past, I'll let you draw your own conclusion. I'd like to know if you think R senators are a problem.

Treating people differently can be fine when there are logical, practical, and moral reasons for doing so. For instance, giving prostate exams to men but not women is entirely justified, even though it is treating people differently.

However, treating people differently because of skin color is not logical or moral. The concept of race is unscientific nonsense, and it is not a valid reason for treating one person differently from another.

Black life matters supporters don't want equal treatment. They want black folks to be held to a lower standard because they believe black folks are uncapable of meeting the same social standards as every other group.

I think you are probably incapable of seeing the world the way it really is.

I think you are probably incapable of seeing the world the way it really is.

I'm out in the real world, every day. Moreso than you, for sure.

The 14th amendment guarantees equal protection under the law. However, that is clearly not what is happening and never has been. When unarmed black citizens are murdered by the authorities with little noticeable consequences, when black children are denied equal education funding, etc., etc, it indicates not any naturally existing difference but a deliberate, state-sanctioned inequality.

So, your analysis is self serving. If we can't begin this discussion with an agreed reality, asking why black lives matter seems more like just another statement that they actually don't. Not enough, any way, for your ilk to have even a moment of introspection about it. Why do that when you can defend injustice with the argument that it's normal?

When black citizens are in the act of fighting police, resisting arrest, trying to take their weapons, its not innocent and your attempts to make it so are dishonest.

A job is a right.

Where does it say a job is right? Please show me the part of the constitution that says a job is a "right"? Because if a job is a right, then I want to be the host of the Tonight Show.

Horsefeathers! Getting a ticket go see an NBA game isn't even a privilege, you have to pay for the seat. People get into the NBA by being qualified far beyond any level of mediocrity, people earn that. However that being said, when they decided to hire Colin Kapernick for the NFL, I guess they assumed that was a "privilege" and look where that mess went.

I have hired a few hundred people over the years, and although fitting in is one factor, it isn't even in the top 5. What you want are people who are best qualified to do the job and dedicated. You NEVER get that with most "diversity hires". What you usually end up is with someone who is preloaded to feel entitled, doesn't fit in with others (because they are less qualified), and after all is said and done, doesn't do half the work the person who had you hired who was top-notch for the job could have done for you.

Helleva price to pay for being "stylish" and "PC". So screw that malarkey.

Where does it say a job is right? Please show me the part of the constitution that says a job is a "right"? Because if a job is a right, then I want to be the host of the Tonight Show.

Horsefeathers! Getting a ticket go see an NBA game isn't even a privilege, you have to pay for the seat. People get into the NBA by being qualified far beyond any level of mediocrity, people earn that. However that being said, when they decided to hire Colin Kapernick for the NFL, I guess they assumed that was a "privilege" and look where that mess went.

I have hired a few hundred people over the years, and although fitting in is one factor, it isn't even in the top 5. What you want are people who are best qualified to do the job and dedicated. You NEVER get that with most "diversity hires". What you usually end up is with someone who is preloaded to feel entitled, doesn't fit in with others (because they are less qualified), and after all is said and done, doesn't do half the work the person who had you hired who was top-notch for the job could have done for you.

Helleva price to pay for being "stylish" and "PC". So screw that malarkey.

So tell me, if you are looking to hire a barista, does that mean the person most qualified for the position is someone with previous barista experience? I can tell you, one of the most successful companies in the world Starbucks, does not make its hiring decision based on barista experience.

Listen carefully.

Whether you want to admit it or not, you are a direct beneficiary of white privilege.

Saying you are not is telling. It shows how big of an ocean of denial you swim in. Saying you don't benefit from white privilege is like saying being the son or daughter of a former president doesn't give them an advantage in attending an ivy league school.

Give me a break court jester.

Listen carefully.

Whether you want to admit it or not, you are a direct beneficiary of white privilege.

What if I told you I don't care? I don't care because it has NOTHING to do with me. If there is such a thing called "white privilege" here in the year 2020--- it wasn't me who created it, so I don't have any guilt for something I didn't create. If you are white and feel you need to pay atonement for some "guilt" which has nothing to do with you, then by all means, donate your time, your money, and your emotions if that makes you "feel" virtuous. And----- if you are Black...well, I don't know what to tell you other than "I already gave at the office"--- 50+ years of paying out taxes for various social engineering schemes meant to "correct wrongs" which as far as I can tell haven't mattered anyway as Black communities are still killing each other, and now they seem to be coming for white communities too. Therefore I don't care. 50 years of liberal progressive politicians screwing up race relations in this country and now I feel I have paid enough debt, time for EVERYONE to be responsible for themselves.

Saying you are not is telling. It shows how big of an ocean of denial you swim in. Saying you don't benefit from white privilege is like saying being the son or daughter of a former president doesn't give them an advantage in attending an ivy league school.

You mean like Obama's daughters? Are they privileged or are they unprivileged? Did they personally earn their status, or does the color of their skin still but them at a disadvantage? OR--- doesn't the fact their Black mother and father having risen to among the highest status one can in America prove that we white people no longer owe some debt to Blacks 50+ years after the civil rights acts went in to effect?

Give me a break court jester.

ron-swanson-quotes10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom