• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why BIden if not just because he's not Trump®?

PNW Guy

CAUTION: SNARK AREA!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
I hear this a lot, I posted something in response to someone else that I'll just quote here. Why I'd be voting for Biden regardless of who the GOP candidate was, if it wasn't Trump®.

....I can't see a sceanrio, where ANYONE in today's GOP, or even just pre Trump®'s hostile takeover and coversion to the Trumpublican™ party, that I'd vote for over Biden. I would have preferred Warren or Bernie, (in that order) they have a better health care plan. The have plans to actually change the culture of legal corruption; they wish to get big money lobbyists out of the swamp. They have a better plan to shore up Social Security.

But Biden is a human being, not a failed man like Trump®; he has plans for healthcare, yet nobody other than Trump in the GOP does either. Biden has plans to shore up social security, the GOP is just about universally seeking ways to undermine it, Biden will rekindle alliances, to be fair, just about anyone in the GOP would too, and be far better than tweety. Biden has a desire to see Justice, not just back LEOs blindly. The GOP just about universally kisses police ass.

Biden has plans to raise some taxes. :shock: Get back to a begginning at fiscal responsibility, just so the next GOP fool comes in spending on defense like a drunken sailor, and salshing taxes, hoping to PROVE government failure and privatize and profiteer. It's been their paltform since prior to Gingrich, Government ineptitude, grift, privatization, and kickback. I don't see how any non-wealthy robber barron could vote for any GOP candidate, yet they do? Thank Fox, I suppose; brain rotting garbage, Goebbels would admire. :coffeepap

I can't think of ANY potential GOP candidate that offers me, and my interests as an American, better than Biden does. Sure there is a LOT better possibilities than Biden, but not from the GOP.

So stop asking stupid questions, with obvious answers. I realize Trump®'s base cant conceive about caring about issues Biden better represnts the people on, so caught up in the emotinal attatchment to orange™ daddy, but a lot of y'all claim to be conservatives who "don't really like Trump" (yeah sure, that's the ticket!), so this should answer that tired old question.:cool:

It has been my experience that Trump supporters ask this as a rhetorical question.

First of all, removing an incompetent, openly corrupt, and totally faithless man from the position should be a national priority in and of itself.

I’m also not sure why you’re bumping your own thread.

You seem to be disappointed that people didn’t get involved in the “lot better possibilities than Biden”.

That has been an irrelevant issue for months now. That matter has been long settled.

Joe Biden has been one of the most respected leaders in the US Senate, and has a long reputation for principled behavior and for being able to manage the legislative process (which is one of the keys to a successful presidency).

He chaired both the Senate Judiciary Committee and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. He is well known and respected by leaders all over the world.

He served effectively as Vice President, being neither the power behind the throne that Dick Cheney played, or the silent cypher that we have in Mike Pence.

He is surrounded by an all star cast of experienced emerging Democratic leaders.

All he has to do is assemble the team, chart the course and move the ball.

It has been my experience that Trump supporters ask this as a rhetorical question.

First of all, removing an incompetent, openly corrupt, and totally faithless man from the position should be a national priority in and of itself.

I’m also not sure why you’re bumping your own thread.

You seem to be disappointed that people didn’t get involved in the “lot better possibilities than Biden”.

That has been an irrelevant issue for months now. That matter has been long settled.

Joe Biden has been one of the most respected leaders in the US Senate, and has a long reputation for principled behavior and for being able to manage the legislative process (which is one of the keys to a successful presidency).

He chaired both the Senate Judiciary Committee and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. He is well known and respected by leaders all over the world.

He served effectively as Vice President, being neither the power behind the throne that Dick Cheney played, or the silent cypher that we have in Mike Pence.

He is surrounded by an all star cast of experienced emerging Democratic leaders.

All he has to do is assemble the team, chart the course and move the ball.

Meh, Biden is part of the establishment dems. The corruption is legal and "avove board" but it hardly amounts to a big improvement over the old school "RINO" GOP.

Biden's a good man who gives a ****, I will give him that, and that matters. But no, we're not going to fix this in 8 years, and that's if we beat the cheat, which is in question.

I also know how short Americans memories are, and how stupid is passed down generationally in 'murica. IF Biden/Harris wins, and one of them serves another four, andother wave of idiocracy will grip America, and some GOP asshat will slash taxes, gut saftey net, and spend on the military industrial complex like a dunken sailor, and start a few wars to ramp up the economy. If there's anything left to save Democrats will have to be there again to plug some holes, but on that course, eventially we as a nation will bleed out....

I imagine with the demograpic changes, they'll have to drop the "southern stategy" for a more inclusive, "sign up and vote for us and then bend over for you lubeless screwing", that will appeal to a braoder base,but the GOP has been nothing if not effective at selling 'muricans on voting themselves a good rapin', then smiling while they take it...

Because “America has gone to hell on my watch, so you must re-elect me” isn’t the greatest campaign pitch I can think of.

Well today, one of the presidential candidates is wearing a mask to try to promote people taking reasonable preventative measures against covid-19 and the other presidential candidate is doing his best to make it a political issue and mocking such an idea.

You should stop putting the 'R' in a circle by trump's name. A registered trademark has long been applied for, but has never been granted.

I hear this a lot, I posted something in response to someone else that I'll just quote here. Why I'd be voting for Biden regardless of who the GOP candidate was, if it wasn't Trump®.

So stop asking stupid questions, with obvious answers. I realize Trump®'s base cant conceive about caring about issues Biden better represnts the people on, so caught up in the emotinal attatchment to orange™ daddy, but a lot of y'all claim to be conservatives who "don't really like Trump" (yeah sure, that's the ticket!), so this should answer that tired old question.:cool:

Let's not forgot how many Trump loyalists posted on here repeatedly for the last 4 years that they only voted for him because he wasn't Hillary.

Hypocritical ****ards.

Let's not forgot how many Trump loyalists posted on here repeatedly for the last 4 years that they only voted for him because he wasn't Hillary.

Hypocritical ****ards.

So many of them have bought so thoroughly into the propaganda and LIES that the Democratic party has moved left, the GOP has moved right, in whackjob fasion. Biden is literally barely to the left of an 80s Republican. That was always the critique of Biden in the senate, TOO willing to be biparisan and "reach across the aisle". The false narrative the've bought into abut Biden is real wahadoodle stuff. It's mindblowing, who would have EVER imagined a candidate so vile that members of his own party openly endorse him and crosss party lines to speak at a convention?

The one and ONLY area "moved left" is America is jealous of single payer ssystems over performing while cutting over all costs compared to ours, that's a GOOD thing.

Then they trot ought their bought off corrupt failed Democrat to try and keep pace, but it was a ludicrous fail Vernon whoever that was was a scandal ridden garbage plotitican, just the kinda guy the GOP can buy an opinion from a worthless one.

There's a lot of projection on the Right. They derisively called Obama a 'messiah' because they imagined that's what Dems need: a figurehead, a leader, a demi-god. This is because Republicans, weaned on a wrathful God and the despotic kings of the old testament, naturally seek a strongman.

Not the left. They just want someone who can do the job and will promote policies they support. They want a normal, competent politician.

To that end, 'not being Trump' is Biden's main attraction. Decades of experience at the highest levels of government is his qualification, but not the source of his appeal. He doesn't have massive charisma or a great vision. He doesn't need either - just a return to competent leadership with a few nods to progressive policy will do. Mostly though, they are motivated by the desire to get rid of Trump the way a cancer patient is motivated to cut out a tumor. The operation is necessary, not exciting.

If Republicans are surprised that the Dems - moderates, liberals and progressives - aren't excited by Biden, it's because they're not a cult.

The entire Republican platform is trolling liberals, so they just assume that's how everybody else must be. In other words, projection as usual.

456e4e879737ba1a2b10058ca4ca22449e382bc4.jpg

:coffeepap

Back
Top Bottom