• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why bashing Pres. Bush?

The American

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I find the anti Bush people interesting.... or is it narrow minded? Not in ONE anti Bush post they will give you an alternative President... Kerry`s name came up nowhere!

He has been re-elected. People felt he did he good job in his first term and there was no one who could take his seat who is worth the while. Second, give the man a chance in his second term... many things can still happen. If the economy and the war on teror work out for the best of our country he will go down as one of the best Presidents ever!

Can I ask you a question... has there been ONE terorrist attack on US soil after 9/11?... has there been ONE car bomb killing Americans on US soil? Terrorists can`t wait to attack us again and even a car bomd is the easiest bomb to make right here in the US... why is this not happening?

...remember, terros are not the sharpest tools in the shed! Every single American hating terroris is in Iraq which is the focus point and an easy opportunity to target an American!!...

Just the fact that you, the anti Bush bashers, are safe in this country makes him a good president for the day!... and don`t blame world trends on him as President! The soldiers in Iraq is dying to keep YOU safe and please... don`t jump the WMD wagon again! Iraq and Saddam was a disaster waiting to happen... the only thing anti Bush bashers can do is to be negative! Why don`t you rather show us a candidate that will do the job better right now as we speak?!

NO ONE can defeat this country but we have ONE enemy that WILL bring us down... the American LIBERALS!!

The American said:
Can I ask you a question... has there been ONE terorrist attack on US soil after 9/11?... has there been ONE car bomb killing Americans on US soil? Terrorists can`t wait to attack us again and even a car bomd is the easiest bomb to make right here in the US... why is this not happening?
If there is a "terorrist attack on US soil" or "car bomb killing Americans on US soil," will that mean that Bush is a failure?

The American said:
Every single American hating terroris is in Iraq which is the focus point and an easy opportunity to target an American!!...
A single example of an "American hating terroris[t]" who is not in Iraq blows this out of the water.
Care to rephrase your assertion to make it less hyperbolic and to bring it more in line w/ reality? Or, would you rather that anyone w/ access to Google trashes it?

The American said:
NO ONE can defeat this country but we have ONE enemy that WILL bring us down... the American LIBERALS!!
If only we could round them all up and try them for treason and have them executed or incarcerated.

The real problem is that the next Republican president or the next Democrat president will be a liar, unfaithful, unprepared, uncaring, inept, patronizing, corrupt or any other words you want to pop in here. The day when Americans supported their country and at the very least, understood that the man in the oval office is going to be there until his term is over is over. Our media feeds off rumor and scandal. Democrats hate Republicans and Republicans hate Democrats.

Why worry about the war or Karl Rove? Let's bash the President on Katrina. Wonder what's next but I know there will be a next because We The People sit back like sheep and let our media do this day in and day out and the politicians take advantage of the media like ants on sugar.

This country used to pull together but now the Early Show or Today or the Nightly News or the Cable News Channels all need that scandal; those hate filled words. HEY GARY DID YOU MURDER CHANDRA LEVY??? Day after day until something better comes along. 9/11 killed Chandra Levy. Katrina killed Cindy Sheehan and most of the outcry against the War in Iraq. One day you will wake up and there will be a new story and you won't hear the name Louisiana for the next 6 months.

No, it's not President Bush or President Clinton. It's the people that take the purely partisan stands like Democrats, Republicans and our biased media; biased for their own interests. Face it. The America that unites in the face of adversity is not going to do that anymore because politics is more important than us. Never thought We The People would be in the back seat but now it's really our place.
:duel :cool:

That's exactly why I'm not a partisan, conservative or liberal.

I'm quite content being independent and in the middle with the 14 % vast minority of this country.

...good post gordon!! Would be nice if the liberals can see it that way.

The American said:
I find the anti Bush people interesting.... or is it narrow minded? Not in ONE anti Bush post they will give you an alternative President... Kerry`s name came up nowhere!
xxxxxxxxxxx
The question is not who could do a better job but what is the president in office doing now. Bush has been in office for 5 years so everything happening now is on his watch not on the watch of someone who could have become president.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

He has been re-elected. People felt he did he good job in his first term and there was no one who could take his seat who is worth the while. Second, give the man a chance in his second term... many things can still happen. If the economy and the war on teror work out for the best of our country he will go down as one of the best Presidents ever!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best President ever? LOL! Most cons will say Regan. Jr would be way down on the list to Cons and Libs.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We never had a 911 as big as in 2001 until Jr got in office.
And yes, not having another one since is a plus for Jr.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

...remember, terros are not the sharpest tools in the shed! Every single American hating terroris is in Iraq which is the focus point and an easy opportunity to target an American!!...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
They weren't there until Bush invaded Iraq. Even Bush Sr was smart enough to stay out of Iraq.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just the fact that you, the anti Bush bashers, are safe in this country makes him a good president for the day!... and don`t blame world trends on him as President! The soldiers in Iraq is dying to keep YOU safe and please... don`t jump the WMD wagon again! Iraq and Saddam was a disaster waiting to happen... the only thing anti Bush bashers can do is to be negative! Why don`t you rather show us a candidate that will do the job better right now as we speak?!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well Bushs lastest reason for being in Iraq is to free the Iraqi people and I think he then named his invasion "Iraqi Freedom."
So NO! Our troops are not in Iraq to keep us safe.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Saying that the Libs are enemys of the U.S. is kids talk.

Ok this is why people don't mention Kerry when bashing Bush.

Reason numero uno: The 2004 election is over. Kerry lost.

Reasone numbero dos (or is it does?): Kerry wasn't a very strong canidate. He tried to win but he didn't stick up for himself which is why he lost. Kerry is more of a representation of the anti-Bush crowd, or the people who think anything is better then Bush (I among them). I think as long as he corrected the mistake of Bush, we would be good. Because thats why we have three branches, you know? They balance each other out nad even if KErry isn't the greatest president in the whole world, he won't invade countries or lie to congress etc. etc.

I hope I was clear. I think I was.

gordontravels said:
The real problem is that the next Republican president or the next Democrat president will be a liar, unfaithful, unprepared, uncaring, inept, patronizing, corrupt or any other words you want to pop in here. The day when Americans supported their country and at the very least, understood that the man in the oval office is going to be there until his term is over is over. Our media feeds off rumor and scandal. Democrats hate Republicans and Republicans hate Democrats.

Why worry about the war or Karl Rove? Let's bash the President on Katrina. Wonder what's next but I know there will be a next because We The People sit back like sheep and let our media do this day in and day out and the politicians take advantage of the media like ants on sugar.

This country used to pull together but now the Early Show or Today or the Nightly News or the Cable News Channels all need that scandal; those hate filled words. HEY GARY DID YOU MURDER CHANDRA LEVY??? Day after day until something better comes along. 9/11 killed Chandra Levy. Katrina killed Cindy Sheehan and most of the outcry against the War in Iraq. One day you will wake up and there will be a new story and you won't hear the name Louisiana for the next 6 months.

No, it's not President Bush or President Clinton. It's the people that take the purely partisan stands like Democrats, Republicans and our biased media; biased for their own interests. Face it. The America that unites in the face of adversity is not going to do that anymore because politics is more important than us. Never thought We The People would be in the back seat but now it's really our place.

Very good post. I completely agree. Though I think it is good to express political opinions on debatepolitics.com and out in the world, I agree that the people need to stick together.

And yes, there will always be political scandal. No matter what happens, one party will attack it and another party will defend it. There will always be Bush-bashing, and there will always be NextPresident-bashing also.

Originally Posted by The American:
...good post gordon!! Would be nice if the liberals can see it that way.
Don't you think your over-generalizing a bit?

The American said:
Maybe you should take it upon yourself to round them all up and gas them. It's the patriotic thing to do afterall.:roll:

Originally Posted by Peralin
And yes, there will always be political scandal. No matter what happens, one party will attack it and another party will defend it. There will always be Bush-bashing, and there will always be NextPresident-bashing also.
Keeps them on their toes.

SixStringHero said:
That's exactly why I'm not a partisan, conservative or liberal.

I'm quite content being independent and in the middle with the 14 % vast minority of this country.

Just so you understand me in the future; I could have added Independent, Green, Libertarian, Communist, Labor or any other party lable to my list of Republican or Democrat. I believe that for the people of the United States to belong to ANY party is detrimental to our country. I want to see the business of this country done and those here or elsewhere that want to bash one or the other can take a flying leap.

Is there room for desent and opinion? Of course. I've expressed opinions from Kerry lying about his military records as far as releasing them to listening to and reading opinions of others here about President Bush lying about Iraq. Opinion is fine. Bashing puts one into a catagory of just where the political parties want them. This is detrimental to our country in the long run.

Disagreeing with a president is one thing but the disrespect that some show will filter down to another cess pool eventually. The leaders of France misread the people of the United States in the last election by putting their mouths in the basket of John Kerry. Now their own people are rejecting them with votes against the EU Constitution on a massive scale and less than 25% approval of their own government.

To be clear: I registered as Non-Partisan in my state and they made me an Independent which I reject totally. I don't want a lable that politicians can center on and try to win. If a politician wants my vote he should earn it with what he has done in the past and what he says he will do in the future. If he fails me then he can go collect his inflated retirement package but not darken my door again.

I am a believer that my single vote is more important that any Republican Party or Democrat Party in whatever numbers they claim. Problem is that they don't agree. They think they are it. Their inflated position trumps my vote? How did that happen. Of the people, by the people and for the people has nothing to do with Republican, Independent or Democrat and I don't want to have anything to do with any party unless they earn and receive my vote. Can they? So far they are pitifully lacking and getting worse.

Originally Posted by gordontravels:
I am a believer that my single vote is more important that any Republican Party or Democrat Party in whatever numbers they claim. Problem is that they don't agree. They think they are it. Their inflated position trumps my vote? How did that happen.
By giving corporations the same rights as a human citizen.

The American said:

I don't want to alarm anyone, but everything I've read believes the terrorists want to do something on the magnitude of 9/11. Not to sound callous, but car bombs are a dime a dozen. They want to do something earth shattering again, the small stuff won't cut it.

The American said:

Take off the rose colored glasses...you've been brain washed.

Hoot said:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but everything I've read believes the terrorists want to do something on the magnitude of 9/11. Not to sound callous, but car bombs are a dime a dozen. They want to do something earth shattering again, the small stuff won't cut it.

Take off the rose colored glasses...you've been brain washed.

If car bombs are a dime a dozen why do they use it so effectively in Iraq? Same thing! LOL... they would love to get car bombs running all over the US! Believe me!... don`t bluff your self with another 9/11 because it`s not part of their stragegy this time! They don`t have the resources to pull off something of that magnitude. Iraq got their attention!.. for now.

..btw, you sound like a terrorist expert?!...lol

I`m not getting brainwashed easy my friend... been all over the world and fought terrorism myself way back in the 80`s!!... I know terrorism! The liberals play right into the hands of bin Laden... no secret about that! I won`t say they do it deliberately but some are so stupid they don`t even realize it!

They are dangerous! Mark my words!

Originally posted by The American:
I`m not getting brainwashed easy my friend... been all over the world and fought terrorism myself way back in the 80`s!!... I know terrorism! The liberals play right into the hands of bin Laden... no secret about that! I won`t say they do it deliberately but some are so stupid they don`t even realize it!

And who is they?

Billo_Really said:
And who is they?

I think my last sentence followed my view about certain liberals?... or doesn`t it?

The American said:
...they would love to get car bombs running all over the US! Believe me!... don`t bluff your self with another 9/11 because it`s not part of their stragegy this time!
If there is a "terorrist attack on US soil" or "car bomb killing Americans on US soil," will that mean that Bush is a failure?

I think my last sentence followed my view about certain liberals?... or doesn`t it?
I went back and re-read your statement and your right, it certainly does. I withdraw the question.

If liberals play right into his hands, how do you explain the increase in Al qaida members as a result of Bush's foreign policy decisions. Mainly, invading Iraq.

The main reasons that I don't like Bush, are not so much his policies, but his mannerisms.

The President comes across as a bit stupid, and in all honesty is not articulate enough. President Bush seems to have a tendency to simplfiy a lot of his speeches, to the point where his rhetoric does no justice to the issue he is talking about.

At times he comes across as smug, doesn't have the charisma of Reagan, or the pragmitism of his father's administration.

But then, Clinton was a bit smug aswell.......

Australianlibertarian said:
The main reasons that I don't like Bush, are not so much his policies, but his mannerisms.

The President comes across as a bit stupid, and in all honesty is not articulate enough. President Bush seems to have a tendency to simplfiy a lot of his speeches, to the point where his rhetoric does no justice to the issue he is talking about.

At times he comes across as smug, doesn't have the charisma of Reagan, or the pragmitism of his father's administration.

But then, Clinton was a bit smug aswell.......

Yea, when he talks about "evildoers" in some of his speeches, I expect him to don a cape and fly off stage!:smile:

Back
Top Bottom