• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why ballroom dancing is one of the best ways to meet people

Herkamer63

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It's been nearly a year since I started taking private ballroom dance lessons, and, wow, what a ride! Great exercise, increase in work habits, you can take it anywhere, and it's a PHENOMENAL confidence booster. Most importantly, I've made new friends and got my life back. As a single man, it's helped me become more comfortable around women and I can speak and interact with them SO much better. Physical contact is such a barrier to break, but once it's broken, it becomes a lot easier and stress free. Still have to be careful where your hands go, but it's easier coming in contact with others.

If anyone reading this is scratching their head thinking "this is absurd", I thought the same thing for the last several years of my life. I thought ballroom dancing was unmanly, too flamboyant, and very girly. My parents talked me into it only because they wouldn't get off me about it, but when I did, I was SO glad to be wrong about it. As a guy, for the lead's part, it's actually very masculine, physically demanding, and very attractive to women. Much of it involves having the proper posture, the right tempo, continuing practice on the fundamentals while learning new moves. how to communicate with your partner without speaking, so much is involved with doing something like this. Again, speaking as a guy, you get a good sense of what the other person is feeling. Are they comfortable with you? Are they happy to see you? Are they even wanting to dance? That kind of stuff comes with time, but you begin to pick up on it. Even if you're not at a place with ballroom dancing and it's just normal dancing, your basic movements keep you social with others. It's helped me out on many occasions this past year.

For the ladies, I noticed how they help build up a man's confidence, especially when they're good guys. They're friendly and down to earth, even if they might have not been before. I have met so many women this past year and these girls give me a reason to keep going, that I'm actually worth something greater than what I think that I am. Ballroom dancing is great for date nights or just meeting people in general. So my advice is give a shot. It's a lot of fun and it's something you can take with you for the rest of your life. For whatever the reason, you don't meet that special someone through it, it's still a great art to take up. No real reason not to try it. I'm getting ready into a competition in a few weeks and I want to see where I'm at. Good or bad, I want to improve where I need to. Check it out when you have the chance.

It's been nearly a year since I started taking private ballroom dance lessons, and, wow, what a ride! Great exercise, increase in work habits, you can take it anywhere, and it's a PHENOMENAL confidence booster. Most importantly, I've made new friends and got my life back. As a single man, it's helped me become more comfortable around women and I can speak and interact with them SO much better. Physical contact is such a barrier to break, but once it's broken, it becomes a lot easier and stress free. Still have to be careful where your hands go, but it's easier coming in contact with others.

If anyone reading this is scratching their head thinking "this is absurd", I thought the same thing for the last several years of my life. I thought ballroom dancing was unmanly, too flamboyant, and very girly. My parents talked me into it only because they wouldn't get off me about it, but when I did, I was SO glad to be wrong about it. As a guy, for the lead's part, it's actually very masculine, physically demanding, and very attractive to women. Much of it involves having the proper posture, the right tempo, continuing practice on the fundamentals while learning new moves. how to communicate with your partner without speaking, so much is involved with doing something like this. Again, speaking as a guy, you get a good sense of what the other person is feeling. Are they comfortable with you? Are they happy to see you? Are they even wanting to dance? That kind of stuff comes with time, but you begin to pick up on it. Even if you're not at a place with ballroom dancing and it's just normal dancing, your basic movements keep you social with others. It's helped me out on many occasions this past year.

For the ladies, I noticed how they help build up a man's confidence, especially when they're good guys. They're friendly and down to earth, even if they might have not been before. I have met so many women this past year and these girls give me a reason to keep going, that I'm actually worth something greater than what I think that I am. Ballroom dancing is great for date nights or just meeting people in general. So my advice is give a shot. It's a lot of fun and it's something you can take with you for the rest of your life. For whatever the reason, you don't meet that special someone through it, it's still a great art to take up. No real reason not to try it. I'm getting ready into a competition in a few weeks and I want to see where I'm at. Good or bad, I want to improve where I need to. Check it out when you have the chance.
Having taken lots of lessons, I couldn't agree more. If I was a man, I'd spend whatever I could for private dance lessons; since women way outnumber men, a man who can dance has no shortage of takers.

It doesn’t even have to be for single men. My wife and I recently became empty nesters as our kid moved away to college. We started some ballroom lessons, at my insistence. It’s great fun, good exercise, and a fun new hobby we share and look forward to. Of course, she is a natural, and I just have two left feet and struggle to keep up. But somehow she seems more than OK with it,and just laughs it off as she watches me struggle with the new dance steps.

I agree, dancing is a great way to meet people, especially tango and salsa. There are clubs that meet weekly in most of the major cities around the world.

Back
Top Bottom