• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Autumn’s murder wasn’t ‘news’

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By PHIL MUSHNICK
August 17, 2013
Phil Mushnick

What’s your sense of a big TV news story? Might this qualify?:

Two teen boys lure a 12-year-old girl to their home under the guise that they want to trade bicycle parts. When the girl arrives, she’s strangled to death, her body thrown in a Dumpster, her new bicycle stolen.

That would qualify, no? Even if it happened in Arkansas or Michigan, we’d know about it. And if it had happened around here? Yow! Both local and national news media would be all over it, yes?

Well, it did happen around here, in October, in Gloucester County, NJ, a 90-minute ride from Manhattan. The victim was Autumn Pasquale. This month in court, 16-year-old Justin Robinson confessed to the murder while his year-older brother and accused accomplice, Dante, still faces murder charges.

Quite a story, eh?

But I’ll bet you didn’t even know, until now, about the murder of 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale. I watch lots of TV news, listen to lots of radio news, national and local. Not once did I see or hear anything about her murder, allegedly by two teen boys, for, good grief, her bicycle.

You see, in the media’s once noble, right-headed, fair-minded quest to condemn racial inequality, that quest has become corrupted by race; it has become twisted, hideously unbalanced.

There is no question in my gut, heart and head that Autumn Pasquale’s murder became a make-it-go-away, non-story because she was white and her alleged killers are black.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Why Autumn’s murder wasn’t ‘news’ - NYPOST.com

The murders that only count are those that race hustlers can exploit. Had this been two teenage white boys and the victim Black, we would all be discussing the heinous facts of the murder. Just as the hideous murders of Christian and Newsome were not deemed a biased hate crime.

By PHIL MUSHNICK
August 17, 2013
Phil Mushnick

What’s your sense of a big TV news story? Might this qualify?:

Two teen boys lure a 12-year-old girl to their home under the guise that they want to trade bicycle parts. When the girl arrives, she’s strangled to death, her body thrown in a Dumpster, her new bicycle stolen.

That would qualify, no? Even if it happened in Arkansas or Michigan, we’d know about it. And if it had happened around here? Yow! Both local and national news media would be all over it, yes?

Well, it did happen around here, in October, in Gloucester County, NJ, a 90-minute ride from Manhattan. The victim was Autumn Pasquale. This month in court, 16-year-old Justin Robinson confessed to the murder while his year-older brother and accused accomplice, Dante, still faces murder charges.

Quite a story, eh?

But I’ll bet you didn’t even know, until now, about the murder of 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale. I watch lots of TV news, listen to lots of radio news, national and local. Not once did I see or hear anything about her murder, allegedly by two teen boys, for, good grief, her bicycle.

You see, in the media’s once noble, right-headed, fair-minded quest to condemn racial inequality, that quest has become corrupted by race; it has become twisted, hideously unbalanced.

There is no question in my gut, heart and head that Autumn Pasquale’s murder became a make-it-go-away, non-story because she was white and her alleged killers are black.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Why Autumn’s murder wasn’t ‘news’ - NYPOST.com

The murders that only count are those that race hustlers can exploit. Had this been two teenage white boys and the victim Black, we would all be discussing the heinous facts of the murder. Just as the hideous murders of Christian and Newsome were not deemed a biased hate crime.

If the writer of the OP seriously thinks that Obama would wish to quell the rapid breeding of his loyal minions or stem the tide of minority (non-white) "temporarily illegal" immigrants you would be crazy. Taking advantage of folks kept dependent on gov't handouts, paid for largely by your political opponents, is pure political genius. Any that dare question your motives can be shamed as racists or having no concern/compassion for fate of "the innocent chillrens".

It is a system designed with one goal - to keep liberals in political office assured of the votes of the gov't dependent masses. Of course their liberal "help" must be designed as to never allow escape from the cycle of poverty, thus the level of gov't aid must be kept just ahead of the earnings potential of low skilled, poorly educated folks. Since morons tend to beget morons and it is so easy to excuse the poor outcome of public education as being due to "other factors" - all they need to say is that the "solution" is very expensive and the subject will be dropped.

You nailed it.

Back
Top Bottom