• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why aren't we hearing about these numbers?

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
These numbers on the survival rate of folks who get Covid-19 came out this week from the CDC:

survival_rate_covid.jpg

I'm sorry, but with numbers like this the government (aka states) should end all mandatory shut-downs and restrictions. It's time to restore individual freedom and allow people to choose how they want to live their lives and how they want to address Covid-19.

These numbers on the survival rate of folks who get Covid-19 came out this week from the CDC:

View attachment 67296403

I'm sorry, but with numbers like this the government (aka states) should end all mandatory shut-downs and restrictions. It's time to restore individual freedom and allow people to choose how they want to live their lives and how they want to address Covid-19.

Because people of any age are as important as the next guy. Your post indicates that you think old people are expendable. Everyone's life matters.

There are, at last count, over 200,000 reasons for concern over the Covid-19 pandemic here in the United States of America. How quick we are to forget overwhelmed hospitals and overstressed health care workers.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3; masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

View attachment 67296403

If you dared post this blasphemy on Facebook or Twitter your account would be suspended. I expect that if Kamala Harris wins you would be arrested for posting facts like you have so carelessly done.

Because people of any age are as important as the next guy. Your post indicates that you think old people are expendable. Everyone's life matters.

What those numbers tell us is that every age group has a high survival rate. Most have a VERY high survival rate.

The OP is telling us that he doesn't think these survival rates justify shutting down our economy and our society.

Do you disagree? Do you think we should continue with our shutdown based on these numbers?

If you say yes, do you think we should shut down our economy and society for EVERY disease that has these rates or worse rates?

View attachment 67296403

Why aren't we hearing about these numbers?

Because that would be bad for the left

Typical left wing nonsense that says “if just ONE life would be saved I demand a worldwide depression. “

There are, at last count, over 200,000 reasons for concern over the Covid-19 pandemic here in the United States of America. How quick we are to forget overwhelmed hospitals and overstressed health care workers.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3; masks, hand washing and physical distancing.
Where are hospitals over run?

Are not old people on their last stage of life?

Are not old people on their last stage of life?
I have had many here say that if an old person would live just 3 months longer with a lock down and disastrous unemployment we should do it.

What those numbers tell us is that every age group has a high survival rate. Most have a VERY high survival rate.

The OP is telling us that he doesn't think these survival rates justify shutting down our economy and our society.

Do you disagree? Do you think we should continue with our shutdown based on these numbers?

If you say yes, do you think we should shut down our economy and society for EVERY disease that has these rates or worse rates?

What this tells us is that GIGA is well seen here. Without complete data, the numbers are wrong. "No tests, no cases"

I have had many here say that if an old person would live just 3 months longer with a lock down and disastrous unemployment we should do it.

My own mom who is 76 has said, "If I get it I get"(LOL)

That's not what his post implies. It implies that Covid isn't as apocalyptic as some people think it is.

... with numbers like this the government (aka states) should end all mandatory shut-downs and restrictions. It's time to restore individual freedom and allow people to choose how they want to live their lives and how they want to address Covid-19.

Because killing every 20th older person is the new GOP strategy?

My own mom who is 76 has said, "If I get it I get"(LOL)

I guess you took it to mean we should drop all restrictions and let her and others have it. (LOL?)

View attachment 67296403

You obviously have not heard of this number 200,000.

Of course this number does not count all the permanent damage and temporary suffering either.

Dude, just stop. These kids of posts are clown shoes stupid.

You obviously have not heard of this number 200,000.

Of course this number does not count all the permanent damage and temporary suffering either.

Dude, just stop. These kids of posts are clown shoes stupid.
Death happens to older people and those who are already sick. haven’t you heard?

The hospitals were only overwhelmed because they typically run 80-90% full anyway. Thus theres a lot of others things to be concerned about. Which is really the point. COVID is just yet another thing that can kill you.\

View attachment 67296409

What this tells us is that GIGA is well seen here. Without complete data, the numbers are wrong. "No tests, no cases"
You mean "GIGO", right?

In any case, we have millions of cases...millions of tests done. What do YOU consider "complete data"?

The hospitals were only overwhelmed because they typically run 80-90% full anyway. Thus theres a lot of others things to be concerned about. Which is really the point. COVID is just yet another thing that can kill you.\

View attachment 67296409

Even at the peak youre talking 80% of ED visits NOT covid.

View attachment 67296403

Break it down by poverty and race and see what you get. If the figures above give you reason to say what you do, you'll really be getting up on stage with those data.

Because the only solution to a pandemic is panic, overreaction and toilet paper.

The data I'm getting out of Tucson is that this thing is MUCH worse for those of advanced age than those who are younger. They have not released any information regarding data on comorbidities in those who succumbed to the virus out here but I'm starting to suspect that even reasonably healthy older folks have little to worry about. What I'm seeing indicates that if you're 75 and in decent health your risk of having problems related to the virus are greater than that of someone who is 25 and in decent health. Your risk might even be twice that of the 25 year old. However, if your neighbor is your age, severely overweight, hypertensive and has CHF his chances of having problems related to the virus are a LOT higher. Then again, his chances of having an issue while sitting on the john are also a whole lot higher than yours.

View attachment 67296403

Have you seen these numbers?

Rate ratios compared to 18-29 year olds
Hospitalization1Death2
0-4 years4x lower9x lower
5-17 years9x lower16x lower
18-29 yearsComparison GroupComparison Group
30-39 years2x higher4x higher
40-49 years3x higher10x higher
50-64 years4x higher30x higher
65-74 years5x higher90x higher
75-84 years8x higher220x higher
85+ years13x higher630x higher
Government intervention (restrictions) should be limited but not totally absent. Being chartered to protect our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is a balancing act. Guidelines are meant to be just that. When they become mandatory they’ve become something else. Businesses have the right to determine how they will apply the guidelines. Those wishing to patronize those establishments or work there must comply. Or go elsewhere.

When I read threads like this I’m still a little taken aback that the covid truthers keep acting as though they’ve been right the whole time. Whether the deaths were 1 or 1m, your responses do not change.

That’s impossible. That’s the opposite of reacting to data.

Have you seen these numbers?

Rate ratios compared to 18-29 year olds
Hospitalization1Death2
0-4 years4x lower9x lower
5-17 years9x lower16x lower
18-29 yearsComparison GroupComparison Group
30-39 years2x higher4x higher
40-49 years3x higher10x higher
50-64 years4x higher30x higher
65-74 years5x higher90x higher
75-84 years8x higher220x higher
85+ years13x higher630x higher
Government intervention (restrictions) should be limited but not totally absent. Being chartered to protect our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is a balancing act. Guidelines are meant to be just that. When they become mandatory they’ve become something else. Businesses have the right to determine how they will apply the guidelines. Those wishing to patronize those establishments or work there must comply. Or go elsewhere.

Not a single individual right has been infringed during this entire pandemic. Not a one.

Back
Top Bottom