• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Aren't We Celebrating This?

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Skip work, have sex: Russians celebrate 'day of conception' as sporting community continues to criticise Putin's anti-gay legislation - Europe - World - The Independent

Why are we as a nation caught up in the culture of murdering the unborn rather than celebrating life?

America might have won the Cold War, but we're losing the cultural war miserably...

Oh yeah, that is what we want to do. great idea to encourage a bunch of unprepared people to have kids based on some arbitrary day. Who cares about things like responsibility and being able to afford them when we can just screw and have kids for some prize money. They should retitle it national idiots day and give every poor parent some bootstraps and a belt. But hey, I am sure you are thrilled about the increases in welfare and costs to society for having all those kids.

oh, and abortion is not murder, but starving kids and neglecting them to death would be.

Skip work, have sex: Russians celebrate 'day of conception' as sporting community continues to criticise Putin's anti-gay legislation - Europe - World - The Independent

Why are we as a nation caught up in the culture of murdering the unborn rather than celebrating life?

America might have won the Cold War, but we're losing the cultural war miserably...

800px-Natural_Population_Growth_of_Russia.PNG

If that's winning I'd rather lose. Also considering the anti-gay laws that exist in Russia, I'd hardly say they are culturally ahead of us.

Abortion is not murder.

I don't know what you call the premeditated taking of life where you come from, but here, it's Murder. 1st degree Murder.

Can you call my wife and tell her about this? Let her know I can take tomorrow off...

Sure I'll call her, but you don't need to take off............;)

Oh yeah, that is what we want to do. great idea to encourage a bunch of unprepared people to have kids based on some arbitrary day. Who cares about things like responsibility and being able to afford them when we can just screw and have kids for some prize money. They should retitle it national idiots day and give every poor parent some bootstraps and a belt. But hey, I am sure you are thrilled about the increases in welfare and costs to society for having all those kids.

oh, and abortion is not murder, but starving kids and neglecting them to death would be.

I'm sorry did you think all people where irresponsible who want to be held unaccountable for their life choices like the murders who go to PP?

If that's winning I'd rather lose.

But they're trying aren't they? What is the US doing? giving millions to murders. That's an everyday affair...

I don't know what you call the premeditated taking of life where you come from, but here, it's Murder. 1st degree Murder.

So you murder a cow? Or do you kill a cow? You cannot murder the unborn because the term "murder" is a legal term and it is quite legal to kill the unborn.

I'm sorry did you think all people where irresponsible who want to be held unaccountable for their life choices like the murders who go to PP?

Easy to say when you will never get pregnant and face the same situation.

But they're trying aren't they? What is the US doing? giving millions to murders. That's an everyday affair...

Is it literally an every day affair or are you just using a hyperbole, and the US doesn't have a population problem we don't need to encourage people to breed.

Is it literally an every day affair or are you just using a hyperbole, and the US doesn't have a population problem we don't need to encourage people to breed.

Actually we do, there is a large segment that is getting "out bred" and something does need to be done about it. The point here though is that it was a National day to recognize and promote making babies, not thanking God for those that kill them...

So you murder a cow? Or do you kill a cow? You cannot murder the unborn because the term "murder" is a legal term and it is quite legal to kill the unborn.

This is a semantic argument, I don't do those, sorry bud...:shrug:

Easy to say when you will never get pregnant and face the same situation.

and with that ease I'll instill it in each and everyone of my nieces and my own girls if ever I should have them.

and with that ease I'll instill it in each and everyone of my nieces and my own girls if ever I should have them.

And hope your teachings will stick with them? GL. My folks are anti-abortion just as much as you. Yet I am pro-abortion. Point being that just because you do your best to instill something into your kids does not mean that they won't end up disagreeing with you.

And hope your teachings will stick with them? GL. My folks are anti-abortion just as much as you. Yet I am pro-abortion. Point being that just because you do your best to instill something into your kids does not mean that they won't end up disagreeing with you.

Actually I was talking about personal responsibility, self respect, and accountability, and they will take those lessons, I assure you...

Its fact. The only reason you're useing the word "murder" is as an emotional appeal.

It is semantics. But you want to rope me in? OK, you hooked one. Not only is this argument semantics your argument is proof (not there needs to be more of it, but..) that the Law is nothing but sophistry... It is a clear cut and dry example of the Law being relative, it has the meaning we want it to have and is a matter of opinion, lest you could not have a law against murder and a law allowing for abortion as there is no difference in the defining of the two. The premeditated taking of life.

Actually we do, there is a large segment that is getting "out bred" and something does need to be done about it. The point here though is that it was a National day to recognize and promote making babies, not thanking God for those that kill them...

What segment are you talking about and who are they being out bred by?

Oh look at you, playing all coy...:wink2:

Ok, I'll play, even find you an article with what's on your mind...

White People Problems: Census Finds More Whites Are Dying Than Being Born - Philip Bump - The Atlantic Wire

If that's really what you're worried about, whites being "out bred" by other races and then gradually replaced, then I'd call you a racist. But I'm honestly not assuming anything, I suspected that may be the case, but that's why I wanted you to explain your position a little further because I don't want to jump to conclusions. I want you to give me your position so I dont have to assume anything about it.

If that's really what you're worried about, whites being "out bred" by other races and then gradually replaced, then I'd call you a racist. But I'm honestly not assuming anything, I suspected that may be the case, but that's why I wanted you to explain your position a little further because I don't want to jump to conclusions. I want you to give me your position so I dont have to assume anything about it.

You can call me a racist or don't, on this I do not care. But two things first before I reveal all. Why would you call someone a racist if their concern was as you wrote, and second please elaborate further on what you mean by gradually replaced?

You can call me a racist or don't, on this I do not care. But two things first before I reveal all. Why would you call someone a racist if their concern was as you wrote, and second please elaborate further on what you mean by gradually replaced?

I'd consider someone a racist who was worried that their race was losing out in birth rates to another race, as if it mattered if there were more blacks, whites, Hispanics, asians, than another race. Specifically the racist label would be applied by me to someone who saw his race as being in competition with another race.

What I meant by gradually replaced is the fear that many white supremacists have that due to things like birth days that whites will eventually be replaced as the majority in this country and as the most common race in positions of power in government.

I'd consider someone a racist who was worried that their race was losing out in birth rates to another race, as if it mattered if there were more blacks, whites, Hispanics, asians, than another race. Specifically the racist label would be applied by me to someone who saw his race as being in competition with another race.

What I meant by gradually replaced is the fear that many white supremacists have that due to things like birth days that whites will eventually be replaced as the majority in this country and as the most common race in positions of power in government.

OK. good, now we have definitions and parameters. First off let me say, this thread, was NOT about this, it was about promoting a culture of life vs. a culture of death. That was my intention in the exclusive. This is a secondary discussion seperate from the thread's theme and intent. Just making that crystal....

Now, before you go wagging any righteous fingers of indignation around, I have a couple of setup questions, and quite frankly, I don't know if you're trying to play a gotcha, or trying to have a meaningful discussion on something that really does need to be addressed more widely.

Now, why is it, that Asians can promote their own, Blacks can promote their own, Latinos can promote their own, Arabs can promote their own, Indians can promote their own, fill in the blank can promote their own, but white people? They can't promote their own. If they do they are labeled "racists" or "supremacists"?

Why is preferring your culture, your "kind" for lack of a better word, when it is the white man who does it, why is this viewed as a negative when under any other circumstance, so long as the attack on another race isn't blatantly hostile, any other demographic is seen as merely expressing their pride in their people and their pride in their culture and this is suppose to be nurtured and celebrated?

Why the double standard?

Back
Top Bottom