• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Aren't Hillary Clinton and Michele Bachmann Speaking Out

You admit that male politicians should speak out too, then return to your misogynistic attack on female ones. OK

Misogyny? WOW! I think the misogyny is not requiring our leaders to speak out on behalf of these women.

Why did you limit the Op to just those 2 women?

Aren't there more women in the government that should speak out first?

I mean Hillary Clinton is a private citizen and she is not obligated to speak out on anything.

They were two very high profile major contenders for the office of President of the United States of the Democratic and Republican party. That's why.

Are you saying the article is false? There are dozens of news items on the subject from varying sources! Just Google.

Yep. Again right on mark. Can't come with a strong argument so attack the source.

Misogyny? WOW! I think the misogyny is not requiring our leaders to speak out on behalf of these women.

The misogyny applies to demanding that women should respond, as if they had a special responsibility over and above men's.

Te misogyny applies to demanding that women should respond, as if they had a special responsibility over and above men's.

Strictly speaking there was no demand that they respond, there was a question as to why they were not responding.

In my opinion the misogyny was created in your mind in order to defend the lack of aggressiveness in response.

The misogyny applies to demanding that women should respond, as if they had a special responsibility over and above men's.

That's misogyny??? 'Demanding' is another word you seem to have trouble with.

Are you saying the article is false? There are dozens of news items on the subject from varying sources! Just Google.

The daily mail doesn't lie, so much as they give you absolutely ridiculous interpretations of factual events. Thus is always th case wth tabloids and conspiracy theorists,

That's misogyny??? 'Demanding' is another word you seem to have trouble with.

The thread title indicates being upset that they haven't done so.

I just heard about this yesterday. And if Clinton also just heard about it yesterday, I might suspect she would take a day for that whole "find out if it's actually true" thing before issuing statements.

I just heard about this yesterday. And if Clinton also just heard about it yesterday, I might suspect she would take a day for that whole "find out if it's actually true" thing before issuing statements.

And what exactly does that have to do with misogyny?

There are millions and millions of individual women who have been or continue to be abused in the region and worldwide. That they have not commented on this particular instance doesn't prove much of anything. Clinton in particular went out of her way to promote equal rights for women in the region during her tenure as Secretary of State.
Did she? Mike's America: Hillary in Hijab in Cairo!

The daily mail doesn't lie, so much as they give you absolutely ridiculous interpretations of factual events. Thus is always th case wth tabloids and conspiracy theorists,

And what conspiracy or misinterpretation do you see here?

And what conspiracy or misinterpretation do you see here?

It's hard to say, as their source is behind a paywall.

A good metric for the Daily Mail is a headline on the side bar of this article:

"Did burglars rob Khloe Kardashian's mansion because she had vital evidence for the O.J. Simpson murder case?"

They're a tabloid.

John Kerry Takes Softer Line Than Hillary Clinton on Saudi Women Drivers | TIME.com

when she was asked about the issue in June 2011. Clinton replied that she was “moved” by the protest movement, which she called “brave.”

“I am moved by it and I support them,” Clinton said at the time. “We have raised this issue at the highest level of the Saudi Government. We’ve made clear our views that women everywhere, including women in the Kingdom, have the right to make decisions about their lives and their futures. They have the right to contribute to society and to provide for their children and their families. And mobility, such as provided by the freedom to drive, provides access to economic opportunity, including jobs, which does fuel growth and stability. And it’s also important for just day-to-day life, to say nothing of the necessity from time to time to transport children for various needs and sometimes even emergencies.”

It had to do with demanding.

There was no demand. A question was posed. And BTW, still no response from these persons.

In this case misogyny was concocted to defend these persons from criticism.

Misogyny is demanding that only these women are somehow obligated to respond. By being women.

I haven't seen anyone ask why John Boehner hasn't said anything.

That's a good question to. Let's take care of that right now.

Why isn't John Boehner speaking out on behalf of these women?

BTW, it's been a few days now. Still no response.

Still no response from Hillary Clinton or Michele Bachmann

Since it's the first any of us have heard about it, perhaps we shouldn't start the whining about who has or has not said enough juuuust yet.

Well it's been a while and still no HC. And guess what no Obama either!!!

http://rt.com/news/saudi-princesses-captive-obama-961/

Ex-wife of Saudi King asks Obama to help ‘save captive daughters’

Alanoud AlFayez, a former wife of Saudi ruler King Abdullah who fled to London after their divorce has asked Barack Obama, who is in Riyadh, to help release her daughters. The four women claim they are being kept under house arrest.

“For 13 years, my daughters have been held captive,” Alanoud told AFP.

“They need to be saved and released immediately. Mr Obama should take this opportunity to address these grave violations committed against my daughters.”

Can't say she doesn't know about it now. And I seriously doubt that you will hear anything from Obama on this issue. Now if it was Putin, they would be in a hissy fit over it.

This goes to prove that politicians care more about money and power than principles. How come you don't here Hillary Clinton and Michele Bachmann speaking out about the way these women are being treated?

The confinement of four Saudi princesses is a reminder that the Gulf states are evil empires, especially if you are a woman - Comment - Voices - The Independent

Goes to show money and power trump everything with politicians.
oil, baby. Oil. If not for the black gold, we'd have let Israel nuke those POS bastards 50 years ago.

Well it's for sure about money. That's the bottom line. That's what get's you about politicians. They have these gross, double standards.

glad they are not they are both radical idiots.

Back
Top Bottom