• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why aren't American oil companies stepping up and pumping more oil?

craig

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
There are thousands of uncompleted oil wells waiting to be pumped. The Saudis do it all the time.

Last edited:
There are thousands of uncompleted oil wells waiting to be pumped. The Saudis do it all the time.

Just like with oil shale and tar sands.....

About the time they complete those wells, OPEC opens up and the price tanks.

The real question is why are they not opening up their wells. They already have them in place.

Answer: See above.

Just like with oil shale and tar sands.....

About the time they complete those wells, OPEC opens up and the price tanks.

The real question is why are they not opening up their wells. They already have them in place.

Answer: See above.
This is an American/ western world emergency. Don't you think they could show some patriotism and pay back some of oil depletion money they collected all these years.

It’s supply and demand. Capitalism. Does anyone think if it were profitable oil companies wouldn’t be doing it? Does nobody work in the corporate sector here?
This thread is fun though.

It’s supply and demand. Capitalism. Does anyone think if it were profitable oil companies wouldn’t be doing it? Does nobody work in the corporate sector here?
This thread is fun though.
Not one oil executive has made a statement. Most of the other companies have.

Same answer: supply and demand. Capitalism. Sometimes keeping production low is good for business.
All that says is that American oil companies are not patriotic. Is that what you mean?

Because oil and gas wells do nor magically appear. They take time to get approval, get drilled, then be set up to pump or extract oil and gas. Six months I believe is a reasonable time to expect new wells to become active

Because oil and gas wells do nor magically appear. They take time to get approval, get drilled, then be set up to pump or extract oil and gas. Six months I believe is a reasonable time to expect new wells to become active
Bullshit. They can turn it off and on just like the Saudis. Oil production did not magically disappear. We are using less oil then we dis two years ago. Where did that production go?

Last edited:
Oil production is increasing in the USA and is looking to increase quite a bit however it won't be as high as it was 2019. Because the price for a barrel of oil is approaching $100, shale oil production becomes profitable.

Bullshit. They can turn it off and on just like the Saudis. Oil production did not magically disappear.
Not for shale oil. Their production. rates drop drastically ever year, 50% for some in the first year. In 2020 and 2021 not a lot of new wells we're drilled due to low oil prices for much of that time

You know, the ones you pump your gas at when you stop for smokes and coffee in the morning. Those guys. 😃

Yeah I get it...those are not "American" oil companies.
Oil companies are transnational...global.
IOW they don't give two shits about any country...they don't HAVE to, oil is fungible.

The GOP takes their money--------not the Dems
Dems have always taken anyone's money they can get their grubby little hands on.

This is an American/ western world emergency. Don't you think they could show some patriotism and pay back some of oil depletion money they collected all these years.

Sorry, you have a lot to learn about oil and oil companies.
Look at some of the Forbes Magazine articles by a guy named Robert Rapier.

Yeah I get it...those are not "American" oil companies.
Oil companies are transnational...global.
IOW they don't give two shits about any country...they don't HAVE to, oil is fungible.
Ok, finally someone who knows how business works. I’m going to lie down in my cabin. You’ve got the bridge number one.

Back
Top Bottom