• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are you ladies just sitting around?

AtlantaAdonis

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
You should all be in the streets screaming and refusing to work another minute until you get your rights back. We're literally on a descent into theocracy.

You should all be in the streets screaming and refusing to work another minute until you get your rights back. We're literally on a descent into theocracy.

Perhaps you are one to jump the gun too soon but some of us ladies prefer to wait and see what actually happens.

Yep, do your duty as a Progressive man (in control?) and tell those ladies what they should be doing. ;)

Why aren't you "gentlemen" out in the streets fighting for our rights with us?

It will happen soon - just wait. I was out in the streets, dressed in a Handmaid's Tale garb protesting the intrusion on our rights in October, after the Texas bounty law was passed. And, before that, I was in the streets protesting January 20, 2017, and before that, among other times, Rush Limbaugh's trashing of women (remember Sandra Fluke?). And, I've been doing this since at least 1987. Were you there then?

Why not lead by example: transition and then start screaming in your neighborhood.

Polling can be interesting on this issue. 48% say abortion should be legal under any circumstances, another 32% say abortion should be legal under only certain circumstances. That on the surface seems to be overwhelming numbers. But when one goes further, 49% are pro-choice, 47% pro-life.

Here's an in-depth history of abortion polling.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

The thing here is this is a draft, nothing written in stone. There were many drafts prior to this one and will be many more after this one. It’s normal operating procedure. Even if this comes to pass, abortion will still be with us. Only it will be left up to the state legislatures as abortion is returned to the political arena. They’ll be states where abortion is legal and some where it isn’t. If this is what the SCOTUS decides, those who live in states where abortion is legal, this decision means nothing and doesn’t affect anyone in those states. If you don’t, you can always travel to another state and get your abortion.

As for women, 51% of women say abortion is a very important issue to them. But the poll doesn’t say which side of the issue is very important to them. Question 84I.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/fj2j7o3ojc/econTabReport.pdf

What I want to see if this decision, if it happens, how that may affect the midterm election. It seems to me looking at the numbers, those who are pro-abortion are already voting Democratic and those pro-life voting Republicans.

Which brings be back to Question 84I, 48% of Democrats and 47% of Republicans say abortion is a very important issue to them. I’d say they are on different sides of the issue though. It impossible to know how independents, 40% of them say abortion is a very important issue to them. How they stand on this issue? Unknown. Time will provide answers as to if the SCOTUS overturns Roe or not and how that overturning of Roe will have, if any effect on the midterm elections.

Perhaps, he prefers leading from behind.
How many different abortion positions did cafeteria Xtians trump have?
Lefties sure ****ed upvoting g 3rd party 2000 and 2016.

Let the LGBTQ crowd show up 27 weeks today.
The gop nullificationists are coming for them next.

The LGBTQ are toast, toast.

I'd be very worried if I were one.

The LGBTQ are toast, toast.

I'd be very worried if I were one.
The LGBTQ tent must be together with the pro-choice tent with GOTV.

GOP governors and their legislatures are forcing an Apartheid movement of women out of states like FL

Codify abortion?
Will Collins or Murkowski vote with DEMs?
Never ending filibuster talk.
Ending the judicial filibuster slaughtered DEMs.

Yup. And men should be standing right there with them.

Perhaps you are one to jump the gun too soon but some of us ladies prefer to wait and see what actually happens.
There's essentially nothing to wait and see. This ruling is coming.

I'm not in the mood for some right wing loon to hurt or attempt to kill me for protesting women's rights. They literally made it okay to run people over with their cars.
Not today Christian taliban!

When the OP said ladies, one meaning could be females, but another could be that he was addressing men as well, using the definition that means 'weak'. Like when a sergeant calls male soldiers ladies.

It will happen soon - just wait. I was out in the streets, dressed in a Handmaid's Tale garb protesting the intrusion on our rights in October, after the Texas bounty law was passed. And, before that, I was in the streets protesting January 20, 2017, and before that, among other times, Rush Limbaugh's trashing of women (remember Sandra Fluke?). And, I've been doing this since at least 1987. Were you there then?

That's admirable, but most people just won't get involved. If our country relies on people 'fighting' for rights and freedoms, we're in trouble. I hate to say that, but I think we need to understand it in how to deal with these issues - understanding that while the fighters like you are limited in number, they are quite important.

I’d imagine DEMs are torn in your state.
I searched to see what Heath Mello was doing.
Big position at UN.

They're out there.

1651607321364.png

I think it's kinda funny watching you mansplain the abortion fight to them.

Just a bit.

Close you legs ladies. The nation will be batshit crazier than it is now in a fortnight.

But to imply that they are just sitting around is a bit much.

I have daughters. For those of you in this weird anti-choice bunch, you should be ashamed especially if you have daughters. You have sold them down the river. You have decided not to trust that they know what is best for them as individuals. You have decided not to trust them. YOU MAKE ME SICK!

By the way.....and I can say this credibly because I am a man.....If we had to depend on men to bear children, ANY CHILDREN, the human race would have died off ions ago. So it seems to me that trusting women and leaving them the right to determine and make these choices about their bodies has been and is a good bet. Let alone it is exactly the level of integrity we allow to men with regard to the choices they make for themselves.

Way to go Righties. You finally managed to drive us right back to the stone ages, the only place you appear comfortable.

Yep, do your duty as a Progressive man (in control?) and tell those ladies what they should be doing. ;)
Progressive men do tell me what to do.

Back
Top Bottom