• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are women happier than men?

Why are women happier than men?

• Men are happier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Women are happier

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Interesting survey. All of the previous ones I've seen have indicated precisely the opposite, that men are happier than women.

If accurate, I think that maybe this is because women are typically more involved in the things that ACTUALLY make people happy (e.g. family, friends, religion), whereas men are typically more involved in the things that people THINK make people happy but don't (e.g. money, power, status). Also, men are probably much more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol, which can lead to unhappiness.

I'd guess women are happier because they have more choices in life.

Interesting survey. All of the previous ones I've seen have indicated precisely the opposite, that men are happier than women.

If accurate, I think that maybe this is because women are typically more involved in the things that ACTUALLY make people happy (e.g. family, friends, religion), whereas men are typically more involved in the things that people THINK make people happy but don't (e.g. money, power, status). Also, men are probably much more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol, which can lead to unhappiness.

Family, home, etc... those were the main reasons listed, I think. The main one for men not being happy was that they did not get enough alone time (cave time).

Of course it is, if I disagree...lol...
New Zealand?
We have 10 times their problems, magnified 100 times by our population.
And I'll bet they have national health care.

We do have national health care. Nobody sues anybody here either, seriously. and the population is only 78 times that of New Zealand :)

I think it's the multiple orgasms.

Maybe its because men tend to repress thier feelings while women bitch up a storm on a regular basis. This helps them get it all out so they can be happy while they make the men in thier lifes miserable.

Because if my woman ain't happy, im gonna buy her diamond for each finger.

Women happier than men, survey says...

This is obviously inaccurate information.. right? :2razz:

Women happier than men: survey | Stuff.co.nz

I voted, "It's up to the individual," and I totally believe that's true.

I do think that men probably have more of a "chance" to be happy. Here's why: Most guys I know don't think too hard about things. Have an argument or disagreement with a guy? He's likely to take it in stride for what it's worth and go on. He's not likely to stew over it and get mad later. Whatever his reaction is at the time is the one I can count on. Screw up and apologize? He's pretty likely to brush it off, be gracious and forget about it. It's also been my personal experience that guys don't tend to worry like women do. Women are nesters and are, I think, more prone to worrying about the future...the bills...their kids' college...etc. Guys seem to feel more "in control" -- like, "Well, no matter what happens, I'll handle it." Women want more of a plan and tend to "what-if" more than guys. Anxiety can sure take a lot of the joy out of life.

PS -- I know I'm doing a lot of generalizing here, so please don't take me to task. Notice I've couched my views with plenty of qualifiers!!

I voted, "It's up to the individual," and I totally believe that's true.

I do think that men probably have more of a "chance" to be happy. Here's why: Most guys I know don't think too hard about things. Have an argument or disagreement with a guy? He's likely to take it in stride for what it's worth and go on. He's not likely to stew over it and get mad later. Whatever his reaction is at the time is the one I can count on. Screw up and apologize? He's pretty likely to brush it off, be gracious and forget about it. It's also been my personal experience that guys don't tend to worry like women do. Women are nesters and are, I think, more prone to worrying about the future...the bills...their kids' college...etc. Guys seem to feel more "in control" -- like, "Well, no matter what happens, I'll handle it." Women want more of a plan and tend to "what-if" more than guys. Anxiety can sure take a lot of the joy out of life.

PS -- I know I'm doing a lot of generalizing here, so please don't take me to task. Notice I've couched my views with plenty of qualifiers!!

The general rules are generally true... ;)

Back
Top Bottom