• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are we here? What is our reason for living? Is Trump helping to answer that question?

How Does Trump Make You A Better Person?

• Economically

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Environmentally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Morally

• Ethically

• Principally

• Humanity-wise

• Courage-wise

• Love-wise

• He Does Not Make Me Better

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
One of the questions I have asked myself throughout my life is "why are we here?"," "why did God give us life?"

Was life just a phenomenon of a galactic accident or is there a reason why we are alive? This is certainly not a question that will likely ever be answered and certainly not something I want to stimulate a debate about here.

Nonetheless, I do mention this question simply because I believe that whether it was a galactic accident or a decision that God made, the reality is that we all need to aspire to better as we live through life as otherwise life would be totally meaningless and that would not make us into thinking and feeling human beings but simply mindless insects, like ants. The Republicans should definitely agree to this given their absolute hate and disdain of those that will not fend for themselves and become leeches of others in life. Becoming better as an individual person and accomplishing more than others is what Republicans are all about, right?

That sets up the question of how to achieve "being better". Is is economically? environmentally? Is it morally?, ethically?, principally, humanity-wise?, courage-wise? love-wise? Or all of those put together?

Well, certainly all of these are important as just being the best at one thing simply means you are better at ONE thing but not overall better totally as a person.

Getting to the point of the OP, I want you to answer how Trump makes you personally better as a person. Is he helping you to accomplish your reason for living? Shouldn't that be something a leader stimulates or helps accomplish in others?

By the way, I wrote this about 30 years ago. It shows how I feel about life.

It is in the soul (the mysterious depths of heart and imagination)
Where we will find value, love and union with the world around us
Let your heart (not your mind) lead you to that magic place
And you will find the true meaning of why we are on earth.

Last edited:
Yeah. I don't go by the "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" BS. Suffering Trump isn't worth it. Not a good/positive way to strengthen American democracy.

I chose economically, but that was because watching him make all those entrenched political jerks in DC and their plutocratic donors scurry around like rats caught in a fire while being the first president to ever take a strong stance on opposing the CCP's unfair trade practices and general BS, was not a choice.

One of the questions I have asked myself throughout my life is "why are we here?"," "why did God give us life?"

Was life just a phenomenon of a galactic accident or is there a reason why we are alive? This is certainly not a question that will likely ever be answered and certainly not something I want to stimulate a debate about here.

Nonetheless, I do mention this question simply because I believe that whether it was a galactic accident or a decision that God made, the reality is that we all need to aspire to better as we live through life as otherwise life would be totally meaningless and that would not make us into thinking and feeling human beings but simply mindless insects, like ants. The Republicans should definitely agree to this given their absolute hate and disdain of those that will not fend for themselves and become leeches of others in life. Becoming better as an individual person and accomplishing more than others is what Republicans are all about, right?

That sets up the question of how to achieve "being better". Is is economically? environmentally? Is it morally?, ethically?, principally, humanity-wise?, courage-wise? love-wise? Or all of those put together?

Well, certainly all of these are important as just being the best at one thing simply means you are better at ONE thing but not overall better totally as a person.

Getting to the point of the OP, I want you to answer how Trump makes you personally better as a person. Is he helping you to accomplish your reason for living? Shouldn't that be something a leader stimulates or helps accomplish in others?

I don't think you need a President to make you a better person.

I suggest a Priest or, maybe, a Guru.

I chose economically, but that was because watching him make all those entrenched political jerks in DC and their plutocratic donors scurry around like rats caught in a fire while being the first president to ever take a strong stance on opposing the CCP's unfair trade practices and general BS, was not a choice.
How does that help you become a better person?

Never thought I'd be a better person than the President of the US. Does that count as making me better?

Never thought I'd be a better person than the President of the US. Does that count as making me better?
Not really, given that the bar is so low that being better than the president puts you one step above being a dumb incompetent rat.

There is no reason why we are here. We were an accident--a beautiful accident that went horribly wrong as civilization advanced. And as our corrupt nature took over, everything good we accomplished went to ashes. Look at America--a wonderful experiment in democracy that is going to land in the trash heap of history if we give Trump another 4 years. Trump will impose a complete autocracy over America because he will feel that a win at the ballot box gave him a mandate to do what ever he thought was good for himself. Trump couldn't care less about the 200,000 he killed through his inept handling of the Coronavirus. Far as he is concerned it was just their bad luck. They're losers; he's a winner.

Back to your question: even if we could fix everything wrong with America we are still on a downward trajectory because of climate change. Look at what we are going through in the West. Every year's wildfires are worse than the preceding year. Here in California I was hundreds of miles away from the Cali fires and the smoke still turn our skies red each morning for a week. Next year will be even worse than this year. We are past the tipping point of changing things. So it matters not whether we are good or bad at our core or whether God put us here or space aliens did. Nature will take its course. In a worse case, nature will wipe out 90% of us at some point, probably by 2100 and the remnant will start over much like they did 100,000 years ago.

There is no reason why we are here. We were an accident--a beautiful accident that went horribly wrong as civilization advanced. And as our corrupt nature took over, everything good we accomplished went to ashes. Look at America--a wonderful experiment in democracy that is going to land in the trash heap of history if we give Trump another 4 years. Trump will impose a complete autocracy over America because he will feel that a win at the ballot box gave him a mandate to do what ever he thought was good for himself. Trump couldn't care less about the 200,000 he killed through his inept handling of the Coronavirus. Far as he is concerned it was just their bad luck. They're losers; he's a winner.

Back to your question: even if we could fix everything wrong with America we are still on a downward trajectory because of climate change. Look at what we are going through in the West. Every year's wildfires are worse than the preceding year. Here in California I was hundreds of miles away from the Cali fires and the smoke still turn our skies red each morning for a week. Next year will be even worse than this year. We are past the tipping point of changing things. So it matters not whether we are good or bad at our core or whether God put us here or space aliens did. Nature will take its course. In a worse case, nature will wipe out 90% of us at some point, probably by 2100 and the remnant will start over much like they did 100,000 years ago.

Unfortunately, I agree with everything you said but like the old adage says "it is not over until the fat lady sings". Until the very end we must try our best. To me, being a believer in God and the after life, trying to do what is best, is a mandate for me, no matter what happens to our world. That may not be the same for the non-believers but then again, what will be their legacy if the world is not totally consumed? (which even under the worst of circumstance I don't believe it will happen as when the Dinosaurs wen't extinct, intelligent life continued)?

Trump is a cancer, no doubt about it, but unless it is allowed to continue, some partial cure is still possible.

How does that help you become a better person?

it doesn't, it helps me be a better exterminator of the rats in DC and get them OUT of controlling this country.

People shouldn't need a politician to be a better person. Government should be almost an afterthought. The fact that it and politicians play a large role in some people's lives is troubling.

it doesn't, it helps me be a better exterminator of the rats in DC and get them OUT of controlling this country.
In simple words, it does NOT help you be a better person given that you can't do anything about it yourself. What it does, is make you feel happy. Heck, playing with yourself makes you feel "happy" but it does not help you be a better person. Do you want to be a better person or just happy to be the same you have always been? (in my opinion, not much)

Which as it happens, has only increased the trade deficit with China, and has cost American farmers billions of dollars of lost revenue and contracts that have now gone to other countries. Oh, and there has been no signed agreement, at all, on trade practices and intellectual theft.
You are congratulating him for something he has made worse, not better.

Why is the President or what he does even remotely relevant to the question of why we are here?

People shouldn't need a politician to be a better person. Government should be almost an afterthought. The fact that it and politicians play a large role in some people's lives is troubling.

Leftists who think the central government should guide them and YOU in almost everyway are so not going to get this. ^

Wow, the Democratic Party and most Democrats really are becoming pure police state corporate-fascists. The question is how does the national leader MAKE people be better people? Wow, total government control freakism to the ultimate extreme.

How does fixation on hating Donald Trump make a person a better person? Is that a reasonable purpose to life - hating the elected president of our nation?

I just quickly read the duties of the President in the Constitution - I don't see helping me with my life listed. Beyond that, I don't depend on any living person to help me be better or accomplish my reason for being here.

Your poem is excellent, BTW.

Yes. People who see a problem that government should solve in every shadow are the problem. And of course, the "problem" should be solved with other people's money.

Leftists who think the central government should guide them and YOU in almost everyway are so not going to get this. ^

I just quickly read the duties of the President in the Constitution - I don't see helping me with my life listed. Beyond that, I don't depend on any living person to help me be better or accomplish my reason for being here.

Your poem is excellent, BTW.

At least adults with a working brain shouldn't be dependent on the government for anything like that.

How does fixation on hating Donald Trump make a person a better person? Is that a reasonable purpose to life - hating the elected president of our nation?
Fixation of a goal, whether it can be because of love or hate can make you a better person because you can get focused on accomplishing a goal. Certainly accomplishing goals is one of the goals of becoming a better person.

Why is the President or what he does even remotely relevant to the question of why we are here?
That is easy to answer. All of us should have a goal to achieve. It is like the 10 commandments. It was Moses that gave them to us. We all try to follow them. Leaders are people we normally try to be like and follow. It gives us goals to achieve to be like them,..........if and when they are people we want to be like. Do you cant to be like Trump?

Fixation of a goal, whether it can be because of love or hate can make you a better person because you can get focused on accomplishing a goal. Certainly accomplishing goals is one of the goals of becoming a better person.

Hating is a worthwhile goal and that makes one a better person how, and on what planet?

Which as it happens, has only increased the trade deficit with China, and has cost American farmers billions of dollars of lost revenue and contracts that have now gone to other countries. Oh, and there has been no signed agreement, at all, on trade practices and intellectual theft.
You are congratulating him for something he has made worse, not better.

its got to get worse before it gets better, in this case. Globalism with a Dictatorship at its center is like a cancer which will spread to all the capitalist democracies and destroy them. the cancer treatment is going to be somewhat painful for sure, but unless you want the world controlled by a chinese dictatorship, its going to have to happen. the sooner it does, the easier it will be for us.

those people making billions of dollars from globalist policies are going to do their best to make you think its not happening, when it really is. they need to be rooted out as well. they are the kind of people who would sell their own mother. we do not want them running the country or the world.

Trump is the ONLY president to even have though about taking a stand against that. for that , I commend him.

and for that, it explains exactly WHY all of these dirtbags in DC are so hellbent on getting rid of him. when have most of them ever thought about us? no you can be sure, if they want Trump gone as badly as they do, its because they are losing money somewhere.

they are downright pleading with us to get rid of him... as corrupt as most of DC is, it aint because Trump is so horrible. birds of a feather... unless one of them tries to do something good and hurts their pocketbook.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I agree with everything you said but like the old adage says "it is not over until the fat lady sings". Until the very end we must try our best. To me, being a believer in God and the after life, trying to do what is best, is a mandate for me, no matter what happens to our world. That may not be the same for the non-believers but then again, what will be their legacy if the world is not totally consumed? (which even under the worst of circumstance I don't believe it will happen as when the Dinosaurs wen't extinct, intelligent life continued)?

Trump is a cancer, no doubt about it, but unless it is allowed to continue, some partial cure is still possible.

I'm with you, even though I don't believe in an afterlife. I may believe a little in the possibility of a Higher Intelligence of some sort. But I think that if a religious belief helps a person get through the political climate we are in or life in general then believe in it!

Back
Top Bottom