• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are the Republicans winning over the American Public?

BrotherFease

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Look at this video from MSNBC. Yes, MSNBC, the left-wing and far less watched version of Fox News. Steve Kornacki breaks down how awful the Democrats are doing. Pretty much every demographic is going to Republicans here -- Men, Women, College educated, Hispanics, non-educated. The only demographic noted leaning Democrat are college-educated women, and even there, it is within margin of error. What did the Democrats do so wrong for the last year and a half?

People don't like being categorized so much. Ease up on the racial branding of people Democrats.

Look at this video from MSNBC. Yes, MSNBC, the left-wing and far less watched version of Fox News. Steve Kornacki breaks down how awful the Democrats are doing. Pretty much every demographic is going to Republicans here -- Men, Women, College educated, Hispanics, non-educated. The only demographic noted leaning Democrat are college-educated women, and even there, it is within margin of error. What did the Democrats do so wrong for the last year and a half?
They were themselves.

Only crazy people still support the Big Lie fake President.
Looks like the majority are crazy then. I am not a fan of the current state of the GOP, but I am in the minority. Always the contrarian.

They failed to recognize what won them the election. It was the 2017 tax cut and yours truly who went to work when he saw him do the same thing as Bush.

So, recognizing this, the popular way would be to immediately repeal the 2017 tax cut no strings attached. Instead, he wants to do it piecemeal as he pays for other programs. This means uncertainty to the taxpayer and his loopholes get cut uncertainly one by one and it pisses him off.

Joe has to go to Manchin and say, "Joe, we need it done." But no, he wants to play games with people's payroll and not raise on the middle class to balance the Budget.

Only crazy people still reference the "Big Lie".

Well since the majoprity of the GOP in the house and the senate either believe in the "Big Lie" or would still support Trump running for president when HE still references the "Big Lie", I guess that means that the GOP is crazy according to you. We appreciate you saying the obvious.

Your question is good, but your commentary on MSNBC is trash. It's wrong and lazy to claim they're a mirror of Fox.

So, recognizing this, the popular way would be to immediately repeal the 2017 tax cut no strings attached. Instead, he wants to do it piecemeal as he pays for other programs.

He doesn't have the votes to do that, period, as I understand. Nevermind that Democrats get One (1) single reconciliation vote per year and that would kill their getting to do anything else in the budget.

Your question is good, but your commentary on MSNBC is trash. It's wrong and lazy to claim they're a mirror of Fox.
Never said they were a mirror. Just pointing out that they are left-wing rather than right-wing and have low ratings.

Why do you think the Democrats are doing so poorly? Grant it, they have time to move the ship forward, but it is looking like the Republicans are going to have lamb in November.

He doesn't have the votes to do that, period, as I understand. Nevermind that Democrats get One (1) single reconciliation vote per year and that would kill their getting to do anything else in the budget.
He's got to make his case to Manchin, we repeal the tax cut and then go from there. It's simple thing.

Well since the majoprity of the GOP in the house and the senate either believe in the "Big Lie" or would still support Trump running for president when HE still references the "Big Lie", I guess that means that the GOP is crazy according to you. We appreciate you saying the obvious.
Nope. You're just spewing classic LW mindless mantras. You guys even admitted it in Time friggin' magazine.

Nope. You're just spewing classic LW mindless mantras. You guys even admitted it in Time friggin' magazine.

So you're saying that the majority in congress don't either approve of the big lie or would support Trump running for president when HE believes in the big lie?

You have the GOP leader McConnell saying he would support Trump if he ran. Sorry but everything I said is CORRECT.

If you look at the sudden escalation of the radical-Left Democrat wing, it explains why they don't resonate with most of America any longer. Dems are picking the wrong hills to die on, and are not only slow to respond, rather, they are only retrenching time and time again.

I don’t know about the past. But I do know about the present or over the last year. Here the generic congressional ballot. You can scroll down to the graph.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2022-generic-congressional-vote-7361.html

It shows a commanding 48-41 lead for the Democratic congressional candidates over Republicans last June 2021. The Republicans narrowed that margin to a tie in November 2021, 43-43. Then the GOP congressional candidates now have the lead over the Democrats 46-42.

The main reason is independents. They have deserted Biden and company. Independents think the most important problem facing this nation today is inflation, rising gas prices, rising food prices, housing, etc. empty shelves in some stores. This problem is something that most independents think Biden and company has ignored. Biden and company’s priorities were elsewhere, their focus has been on Trump, the 1-6 hearings, the BBB, the voting rights act, other things while ignoring what independents ranked as this nations number one, most important problem. You can say, this is a self-inflicted wound. Look at question 17. Please tell me if you agree or disagree with the following statement: - Joe Biden is focused on the issues that are most important to me.

Strongly agree 20%

Somewhat agree 19% Total Agree 39%

Somewhat disagree 10%

Strongly disagree 49% Total Disagree 58%

https://s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/WSJPOLL032022.pdf

That issue is inflation, rising prices. Not Trump, not the 1-6 hearings, not the BBB, not even the war in the Ukraine. You have this which explains it better than I.

CNN Poll: Majority of Americans say Biden isn't paying attention to nation's most important issues

From the article: The nearly 6 in 10 who say Biden hasn't had the right priorities is similar to the share who felt that way about Trump in September 2017 (59%) and who said the same about Obama in January 2010 (55%). Both presidents' parties suffered significant losses in Congress in the midterm elections held during the second year of their time in office.

I'll add this, if one looks at the 2020 exit polls, the whole election results and not just the presidential, you will find that Biden and the democrats didn't have the support they thought they did. The exit polls explain it all, They show 2020 was an anti-Trump election, but not a pro-Biden, not a pro-Democratic Party nor even an anti-republican party election. A huge misread by the democrats. But that is for another day as I don't want to write a book.

It's called pumping the base. The biggest drive last election was Trump, and the fear we all had he'd win. With his Twitter gone, the Dem base isn't energized. With the 2022 elections coming up, they're trying to create urgency.

I hate the political dance that goes on but it's part of our great American system.

That's nuts.
Sorry, nope. It's a fact. They talk in depth how the infiltrated election bureaucracy in swing states and used ****erbergs $400,000,000 to sway the election. Google it.

My input:
  • Far too much pandering to the extreme progressive left. Imagine if Biden had visited some of the places looted during the Kenosha riots and given a solid speech, right there, about the importance of the rule of law, firmly denouncing violent rioting with no caveats, and saying loudly that the people whose businesses were burned did not deserve what happened? Sure AOC or Omar might have hate-tweeted at him, but probably a solid middle 20% of the electorate would have said "yeah, that guy gets it." Right now Biden seems more afraid of the Bernie Bros than anyone else.
  • Afghanistan was a black eye. We have to call it like it is. Sure he got us out and ultimately that was the right thing to do, but it was a disorganized mess that pretty much undid the goodwill he built up with fairly good organized access to vaccines. Prior to the pull out, I knew that Trump would never sweat the details but I thought, "yeah, Biden, he'll sweat the details." After Afghanistan I realized that perhaps Biden isn't an operations master after all.
  • BBB at the end of the day pissed off everyone. It already was an instant negative with the right, so nothing lost there. But, independents got pissed off by Democrats trying to shoehorn one large gigantic bill through via budgetary shenanigans, moderate Democrats got pissed off because their bill was being held hostage by both Manchin on one end and progressives on the other, and of course the progressives eventually got pissed off when BBB collapsed and they basically got nothing. Not a good look, Team D. You should have broken it into piecemeal legislation and run a new bill through every 3 weeks, instead of spending a year trying and completely failing to get the whole thing through at one.
  • Kamala Harris is utterly unlikeable. I think I like Hillary Clinton more! Harris should have been the AG, Pete B should have been the VP, and someone like Elon Musk should have been asked to figure out how America can get the absolute most from that infrastructure bill. I mean I'm glad it's not the musical chairs of the Trump administration with another quitter every other week, but it's not the all-star cast I think many of us were hoping for.
  • Immigration. The longer Democrats pretty much avoid talking about comprehensive immigration reform because they are afraid of splintering their own base, the more people they're going to lose. This and not BBB should have been a Year 1 goal, and if they prioritized it, they would have cemented a hold on most independents for the entire term, at the huge cost of AOC being upset on Twitter for a couple of weeks. But as they say, never doubt the Democrats' ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of certain victory.
  • And inflation. Sorry but it's real, it's high, and it pisses people off regardless of political affiliation.
These are my thoughts.

And none of the above makes me any less happy that the ass Donald Trump was fired in 2020 for being perhaps the crappiest President leading the crappiest administration in the history our nation. No, he's still a terrible human being. Unfortunately, Trump's terribleness only helps Biden get elected. It doesn't mean people will want to re-elect him, if the alternative is someone other than Trump.

Back
Top Bottom