• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are some atheists bothered when it is said that disbelievers will go to hell?

When told that according to X religion, you as a disbeliever would go to hell, you feel...

• Total voters
Yes. I would feel the same way. However, there is a significant difference between, "disbelievers go to hell," and, "I'm going to kill you."

The qur'an says both. Verse 9:14 is an example of allah telling Muslims that they must do the actual killing for him, "Fight them, Allah will punish them by your hands".

The shias have deviated and invented a lot of things that are not part of Islam.
Are you sure the Sunni have not deviated.
After all it was the Shia, and Abu Bakr, who took care of all of Muhammeds wives, except Ashia of course.
She hated her father Abu Bakr, and sided with Ali.

Find out that gods are imaginary beings?
If you have proven that point, please share your evidence...inquiring minds wanna know...otherwise, you're merely voicing an opinion...a belief...

If you have proven that point, please share your evidence...inquiring minds wanna know...otherwise, you're merely voicing an opinion...a belief...

So opinions and beliefs are seen as “merely”. That’s quite an indictment against yourself!

So opinions and beliefs are seen as “merely”. That’s quite an indictment against yourself!
I've never claimed otherwise...faith is faith, regardless of where it's directed...try to keep up... ;)

I have yet to meet a single atheist who is concerned by such a thing. How many athiests have you run into who have told you they are bothered with accusations they’re going to a made up place that sounds like someone with brain damage came up with it? A literal lake of fire that you burn in for eternity? What kind of complete stupid shit is that?
In every theatre of humanity, there is justice. Why wouldn't it be so in the biggest theater of all, the evaluation of man's total life? The guy who kills sixteen million people, then swallows a cyanide capsule? It's illogical to think there isn't a severe price to pay.

In every theatre of humanity, there is justice. Why wouldn't it be so in the biggest theater of all, the evaluation of man's total life? The guy who kills sixteen million people, then swallows a cyanide capsule? It's illogical to think there isn't a severe price to pay.

Not with pretend fairies flipping around pearly gates on soft clouds of baby flesh or whatever stupid shit you’ve wasted your life on.

Why?

There is. He’s dead. Just like you will be one day.

This is exactly the point that should addressed to all those complaining of being warned about hell.

I'm against all abuse so if a (ir)religious person takes their proselytising to the level of it being abusive, it is wrong, but criticising the mere act of proselytising/warning of hell, and wanting to eradicate it, shows a lack of understanding and, very likely, hypocrisy.
As we have seen with how effective the Goebbelsian news is at indoctrinating people into fear and hate and how they convinced not just hundreds, but hundreds of millions, that Trump colluded with Russia with nothing more than CLAIMS, this alone should tell us how easy it is to manipulate the human mind THROUGH the use of fear and hate. This is what MSM is all about today and how they sell air time, so that their proselytizers can make millions of dollars, just as the priests and bishops of old did. Humans have not changed in 2000 years. They are easily duped and fooled by the carnival barkers that are the religious and the new evil ones on TV dressed in suits and dresses.

Just as it is evil and wrong to feed humans the bullshit that is Mainstream hate TV trying to get humans to hate Trump as if he is the devil, so it sit evil and wrong to scare young minds that there is a devil who would torture them eternally for nothing more than a non belief in their ideology. I find both religion (as regards the devil and hell) and leftism loathsome and evil.

Because in every theatre of humanity, there is justice.
Really? What is justice? Does a God who condones slavery and even gives rules for it's implementation mean justice to you?

As we have seen with how effective the Goebbelsian news is at indoctrinating people into fear and hate and how they convinced not just hundreds, but hundreds of millions, that Trump colluded with Russia with nothing more than CLAIMS, this alone should tell us how easy it is to manipulate the human mind THROUGH the use of fear and hate. This is what MSM is all about today and how they sell air time, so that their proselytizers can make millions of dollars, just as the priests and bishops of old did. Humans have not changed in 2000 years. They are easily duped and fooled by the carnival barkers that are the religious and the new evil ones on TV dressed in suits and dresses.

Just as it is evil and wrong to feed humans the bullshit that is Mainstream hate TV trying to get humans to hate Trump as if he is the devil, so it sit evil and wrong to scare young minds that there is a devil who would torture them eternally for nothing more than a non belief in their ideology. I find both religion (as regards the devil and hell) and leftism loathsome and evil.

Another FOX watcher claiming that it is others who are manipulated. Psychological projection big time.

Another FOX watcher claiming that it is others who are manipulated. Psychological projection big time.
Fox News is just one channel. Need me to list all the left wing indoctrinators?

Fox News is just one channel. Need me to list all the left wing indoctrinators?

Point proven. Exactly the talking point that I would expect from a certIfied member of the vast right-wing echo machine.

Point proven. Exactly the talking point that I would expect from a certIfied member of the vast right-wing echo machine.
One station against about 20 on TV and printed media, not to mention FB, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Google? LMAO

One station against about 20 on TV and printed media, not to mention FB, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Google? LMAO
V

*YAWN*. Talking point #2. You really need to take your Hannity parrot rants back over to the Politics forum. It really has nothing to do with the thread at hand. Or better yet, quit bothering us with your talking points and go turn on FOX so that you can get your talking points for tomorrow.

V

*YAWN*. Talking point #2. You really need to take your Hannity parrot rants back over to the Politics forum. It really has nothing to do with the thread at hand. Or better yet, quit bothering us with your talking points and go turn on FOX so that you can get your talking points for tomorrow.
I am sorry that you are one of many who are bothered by facts. Nothing I can do to help you at this point. I am truly sorry.

Back
Top Bottom