• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are so many women attracted to violent criminals and dangerous psychopaths?

It may not be the entire answer, but it is well known that women often have sexual fantasies about rape:

In fact, a study in the Journal of Sex Research analyzed 20 studies on sexual fantasies in the last 30 years and estimated that 31-57 percent of women have so-called rape fantasies
Read more: Rape Ranked as Third Most Popular Sexual Fantasy for Women | Care2 Causes

Another reporting.....on another study.

New Study: Women Really Do Like Bad Boys

A new study was announced this morning that points to women and bad boys and men and smiles. Yes, women really do like bad boys. According to a new University of B.C. study, women are much less sexually attracted to men who are smiling. The study, led by UBC psychology Prof. Jessica Tracy, involved more than 1,000 heterosexual adults from across North America.

Self-Respect Is Obvious

New Study: Women Really Do Like Bad Boys | Elev8 | Health Advice, Inspiration & Gospel Music for Black America

Well, for myself I would think that such would have to be broken down by Race as just one factor. But even then how would they determine most. As environment I would think plays a role too.

Ovulation leads women to perceive sexy cads as good dads.

Durante KM, Griskevicius V, Simpson JA, Cantú SM, Li NP.

Source

College of Business, One UTSA Circle, The University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78249, USA. kristina.durante@utsa.edu

Abstract

Why do some women pursue relationships with men who are attractive, dominant, and charming but who do not want to be in relationships--the prototypical sexy cad? Previous research shows that women have an increased desire for such men when they are ovulating, but it is unclear why ovulating women would think it is wise to pursue men who may be unfaithful and could desert them. Using both college-age and community-based samples, in 3 studies we show that ovulating women perceive charismatic and physically attractive men, but not reliable and nice men, as more committed partners and more devoted future fathers. Ovulating women perceive that sexy cads would be good fathers to their own children but not to the children of other women. This ovulatory-induced perceptual shift is driven by women who experienced early onset of puberty. Taken together, the current research identifies a novel proximate reason why ovulating women pursue relationships with sexy cads, complementing existing research that identifies the ultimate, evolutionary reasons for this behavior.....snip~

Ovulation leads women to perceive sexy ca... [J Pers Soc Psychol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Ovulation Makes Women Go for the 'Bad Boy' Men.....

sperm%20donor.jpg

Science has finally unearthed the age-old question of why women go for the bad boys and think they can change them into husband and father material.

It all comes down to hormones. (Of course.)

Researchers from the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) found that hormones associated with ovulation influence a woman's perception of a man as a potential father — but only for her own children. If she's evaluating the man's potential as a father for another woman's children, she sees him much more clearly.....snip~

Ovulation Hormones Influence Women to Choose Sexy Bad Boys

The fact that women are attracted to violent criminals and dangerous psychopaths is a fact that cannot be denied. Women seem to be drawn to aggressive bullies, violent criminals, dangerous psychopaths, mass murderers, and drug-crazed gang-bangers. As a matter of fact, some of the world's most dangerous criminals, such as Al Capone, Pablo Escobar or Ted Bundy, always seemed to attract the most beautiful women. Even some of the biggest, most violent and bloodthirsty gangs in the contemporary world, such as La Mara Salvatrucha in El Salvador or the L.A.-based Bloods in the U.S., seem to attract hordes of female admirers known as "honey traps".

Many mass murderers sitting in jail cells all around the world are constantly inundated with letters from women declaring love at first sight and proposing marriage. Most recently the younger of the two Boston bombers has attracted a following among young women on social networks who think he's cute. Even if these thugs and gangsters have nothing else to offer, especially in terms of money or other resources, many women still seem drawn to these men like flies on ****. If women are supposedly attracted to men of the highest genetic quality, then why are so many women attracted to men of obviously low genetic quality like dangerous criminals and violent psychopaths?

It seems that women are not designed to select men on the basis of any kind of genetic superiority whatsoever, but to evaluate a man solely on his ability to provide or his abiltiy to protect due to the phenomenon of greater female parental investment. Or is it the other way around? Is it possible that women are designed to select men on the basis of genetic fitness, but whether they do so effectively or not is an entirely different matter altogether? Is there a possible sociobiological explanation that can account for why so many women find violent criminals attractive?

Is this your way of trying to bolster your self-confidence as you get closer to dating age or something?

I've seen specials about the phenomenon and it was pretty obvious that the women involved had their own issues and where by no means representative of women in general.

I would say that someone who actively pursues a relationship with a convicted murderer must have some pretty serious issues. Some of these women could have been abused or anything could have happened in their lives that would cause them to pursue these kind of people.

The fact that women are attracted to violent criminals and dangerous psychopaths is a fact that cannot be denied. Women seem to be drawn to aggressive bullies, violent criminals, dangerous psychopaths, mass murderers, and drug-crazed gang-bangers. As a matter of fact, some of the world's most dangerous criminals, such as Al Capone, Pablo Escobar or Ted Bundy, always seemed to attract the most beautiful women. Even some of the biggest, most violent and bloodthirsty gangs in the contemporary world, such as La Mara Salvatrucha in El Salvador or the L.A.-based Bloods in the U.S., seem to attract hordes of female admirers known as "honey traps".

Many mass murderers sitting in jail cells all around the world are constantly inundated with letters from women declaring love at first sight and proposing marriage. Most recently the younger of the two Boston bombers has attracted a following among young women on social networks who think he's cute. Even if these thugs and gangsters have nothing else to offer, especially in terms of money or other resources, many women still seem drawn to these men like flies on ****. If women are supposedly attracted to men of the highest genetic quality, then why are so many women attracted to men of obviously low genetic quality like dangerous criminals and violent psychopaths?

It seems that women are not designed to select men on the basis of any kind of genetic superiority whatsoever, but to evaluate a man solely on his ability to provide or his abiltiy to protect due to the phenomenon of greater female parental investment. Or is it the other way around? Is it possible that women are designed to select men on the basis of genetic fitness, but whether they do so effectively or not is an entirely different matter altogether? Is there a possible sociobiological explanation that can account for why so many women find violent criminals attractive?

It's mostly younger, insecure women who mistake arrogance for confidence and find dangerous men stimulating. As they have more bad experiences with these alpha male types they sense their mistake. Other character traits like stability, security, sensitivity, humor and intelligence begin to become important. But mistaking Johnny Rotten with the Captain of the Football Team is a result of upbringing and social surroundings.

In my High School there were nerds and jocks at the lower and upper cliques, while the majority fell somewhere in between. So the bad boy phenomenon depends on several cultural factors, age level and is usually uncommon.

It's mostly younger, insecure women who mistake arrogance for confidence and find dangerous men stimulating. As they have more bad experiences with these alpha male types they sense their mistake. Other character traits like stability, security, sensitivity, humor and intelligence begin to become important. But mistaking Johnny Rotten with the Captain of the Football Team is a result of upbringing and social surroundings.

In my High School there were nerds and jocks at the lower and upper cliques, while the majority fell somewhere in between. So the bad boy phenomenon depends on several cultural factors, age level and is usually uncommon.

Ah yes - it falls into place, it seems - as being a sign of immaturity. Lament the loss of that? No.

It's mostly younger, insecure women who mistake arrogance for confidence and find dangerous men stimulating.

My experience is that this is not limited to younger, insecure women.

According to an article at livescience, the reason women are attracted to bad boys is due to hormones during ovulation. According to the article apparently during the 11th -21st day of her cycle, she can experience what I would call "brain farts".

Why Women Choose Bad Boys | LiveScience

According to an article at livescience, the reason women are attracted to bad boys is due to hormones during ovulation. According to the article apparently during the 11th -21st day of her cycle, she can experience what I would call "brain farts".

not every bad boy is sexy or not every sexy boy is bad :mrgreen:

fbe24950-f89a-11e3-a4bd-83cfe611b17f_10402608_626455670783694_4163022932749562915_n.jpg

Read more: 4 Arrested in Weapons Sweep; 1 Getting Extra Attention Online | KTXL FOX40

Four people were arrested and four guns were seized in an Operation Ceasefire sweep in Stockton’s Weston Ranch area Wednesday.

Police say a recent uptick in crime in that area led to search warrants being served at 11 different locations.

Officers arrested 30-year-old Jeremy Meeks, 22-year-old Terry Bailey, 18-year-old Jurzi Coleman and 44-year-old Joelin Coleman, all on felony weapon charges.

The four guns seized were two rifles, a handgun and a shotgun.

Since this story has aired, Jeremy Meeks’ mugshot has gotten a lot of online attention from people more concerned about his looks than his crimes.

Comments like “he’s hot”, “is it illegal to be that sexy?”, etc. accompany his picture posted on FOX40′s and the Stockton Police Department’s Facebook pages. At one point, about 24 hours after the photos were posted to the department’s page, Meeks’ photo had more than 15,000 “likes” and 3,700 comments. Meanwhile Terry Bailey, who was arrested for the same crimes during the same police sweep as Meeks, only had 14 “likes” and 4 comments. Is it all in the eyes?

This is not Meeks’ first mugshot. He was convicted of theft, felony forgery and using a false ID in Washington. He also faced charges for negligent driving while in Washington. His photo is attracting a lot of attention, and now thousands are hoping to free him, “#FreeJeremyMeeks” is trending on Twitter.

See? See? I told you. Scum like this guy give women wet dreams. Feminists accuse men of being shallow for being so focused on a woman's looks over her personality, yet thousands of women are swooning over this degenerate because he looks handsome to them. These are the same women who cruelly reject normal, stable men who play by the rules and don't commit felonies. Women are encouraging criminal, deviant behavior by being attracted to men like this.

fbe24950-f89a-11e3-a4bd-83cfe611b17f_10402608_626455670783694_4163022932749562915_n.jpg

Read more: 4 Arrested in Weapons Sweep; 1 Getting Extra Attention Online | KTXL FOX40

See? See? I told you. Scum like this guy give women wet dreams. Feminists accuse men of being shallow for being so focused on a woman's looks over her personality, yet thousands of women are swooning over this degenerate because he looks handsome to them. These are the same women who cruelly reject normal, stable men who play by the rules and don't commit felonies. Women are encouraging criminal, deviant behavior by being attracted to men like this.

those women are hungry women.hungry for men both handsome and normal.

Well... what this actually says doesn't necessarily jive with the title.

What it says is that nearer ovulation women are more likely to go for men who appear to have higher testosterone levels and maybe want "fun" as opposed to "serious." Does that make a guy bad? I don't think so.

They give the example of George Clooney. Is he bad? Again, I don't think so. He seems to be very honest about what kinds of relationships he wants. He has no abuse history that I'm aware of. He just enjoys (enjoyed?) being a bachelor. No shame in that, and it doesn't make someone "bad," so long as they are honest.

It's certainly not like he's a "violent criminal," as the OP says women apparently "go for." As others have pointed out, the only women who tend to go for such damaged men are usually extremely damaged themselves. In other words, like attracts like.

Also, this doesn't imply women suddenly get less interested in their longer-term mates. If it did, relationships would never last more than a month. :lol: Rather, as we have long known, it appears this time period simply makes some women hornier. Well, that seems fairly obvious to me.

A woman in a relationship might be inspired to try out those handcuffs they have sitting around. A woman who's not might look for some fun, or an FWB. It says nothing about ovulation making women go for men who are terrible people.

I've seen men say the same thing about pictures of female teachers who molested boys. This isn't unique to women. Sad and shallow, but not unique.

He *is* hot. :shrug: He has a bone structure that could have easily made him a model, had he not decided to be a piece of crap instead.

Just because he's attractive doesn't mean I'd date him. There are lots of attractive guys I wouldn't date. There are lots of less attractive guys I would, and have.

And like I said, there are plenty of men who've had similar sentiments about female criminals. Some people are shallow.

What it says is that nearer ovulation women are more likely to go for men who appear to have higher testosterone levels and maybe want "fun" as opposed to "serious." Does that make a guy bad? I don't think so.

They give the example of George Clooney. Is he bad? Again, I don't think so. He seems to be very honest about what kinds of relationships he wants. He has no abuse history that I'm aware of. He just enjoys (enjoyed?) being a bachelor. No shame in that, and it doesn't make someone "bad," so long as they are honest.

It's certainly not like he's a "violent criminal," as the OP says women apparently "go for." As others have pointed out, the only women who tend to go for such damaged men are usually extremely damaged themselves. In other words, like attracts like.

Also, this doesn't imply women suddenly get less interested in their longer-term mates. If it did, relationships would never last more than a month. :lol: Rather, as we have long known, it appears this time period simply makes some women hornier. Well, that seems fairly obvious to me.

A woman in a relationship might be inspired to try out those handcuffs they have sitting around. A woman who's not might look for some fun, or an FWB. It says nothing about ovulation making women go for men who are terrible people.

Fortunately we are also able to use our BRAINS. :mrgreen:

If women are supposedly attracted to men of the highest genetic quality, then why are so many women attracted to men of obviously low genetic quality like dangerous criminals and violent psychopaths?

Women are attracted to dominance. Period.

So your definition of bad boy doesn't jive with the article. So what. I think you are reading way too much into it. A lot more than what the study found. Their consensus is basically under hormonal influence of ovulation, women tend to lose rationality and can be led into a false belief. If you think it is due to being more horny then one could conclude at that particular point she is not think with her head but her ****. Much like females claim men often do.

So your definition of bad boy doesn't jive with the article. So what. I think you are reading way too much into it. A lot more than what the study found. Their consensus is basically under hormonal influence of ovulation, women tend to lose rationality and can be led into a false belief. If you think it is due to being more horny then one could conclude at that particular point she is not think with her head but her ****. Much like females claim men often do.

Um, no, that was not at all the conclusion. Unless you believe that enjoying being single is "irrational," and that all bachelors lie. But that has nothing to do with reality.

We went over this last year... and you had nothing then, just like you have nothing now. Your ridiculous overgeneralizations are just that. Ridiculous overgeneralizations.

I just loved the phrase "so many" though. As if the majority of women pursue violent criminals and psychopaths. :roll:

Yep, and no link to whatever "article" or "survey" that supports his rather ridiculous claim. What a surprise, right? :)

I'm not providing you with links. Do your own research. Everything I've said is true. Serial killers in prison receive bags of letters from women. Gangsters with money and power attract women who turn a blind eye to the way these thugs earn their money. I've observed first-hand that women are attracted to bullies and punks and will choose these men over so called "nice guys". Women are behind most of the violence in the world because they only want dominant alpha males, so men are forced to struggle/fight/die for status in order to get a woman.

What complete misogynist NONSENSE.

Back
Top Bottom