• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are so many Trump supporters against the “Trump vaccine”?

ataraxia

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
When it comes to taking credit for the vaccine development which have so far been critical in bringing back the economy, Trump supporters are eager to call it “the Trump vaccine”- although he had as much to do with it as the development of airplanes and antibiotics.

But then why are so many of them against it so much and refusing to take it? Because Trump and his propaganda arm have made it a marker of tribal and cultural identity- it’s now like the refusal of Muslims to eat pork. It’s just not what the “good people” do.

Do you want to see where all the brainwashing is coming from?

Fox News is a danger to America.

Last edited:
How the left-wings dreams of introducing censorship))

PS: by the way, I have already had my second vaccination.
The first one was in winter, the second one is now... so not everyone is a supporter.

Censorship of what? I am all for free speech, especially if it only effects those who are so insistent on listening to dangerously stupid nonsense, and they keep the rest of us out of it. The Fox News audience is free to now be getting absolutely hammered by the new variants.

Boy but I bet he really owned those libs, didn’t he?

The first one was in winter, the second one is now... so not everyone is a supporter.
There's free speech, and then there's honesty in free speech. The latter is something Fox has a very tenuous relationship with.

I figured it was faux and other propaganda adding to the idiocy.

Let`s cut the shit for a minute, though. Just get the ****ing shot. You don't want actual COVID. Even if you live through it, it appears that there are lasting effects for some people. I work with much younger people, and some of them got it. One got double pneumonia and was at the edge of death. Another can't eat chocolate now because it tastes wrong. This is scary shit.

There's free speech, and then there's honesty in free speech. The latter is something Fox has a very tenuous relationship with.

Yes- very true. We are often told that they are just the conservative version of CNN, NYT, WaPo, etc… but they are the only news organization which have been sued by their own reporters for forcing them to lie. They have successfully defended themselves in court, not by proving they were not intentionally lying and propagating misinformation, but that the freedom of speech and press legally give them the right to lie if they want.

….or the defense that it’s own top-rated hosts literally are not there to tell the truth:

Let`s cut the shit for a minute, though. Just get the ****ing shot. You don't want actual COVID. Even if you live through it, it appears that there are lasting effects for some people. I work with much younger people, and some of them got it. One got double pneumonia and was at the edge of death. Another can't eat chocolate now because it tastes wrong. This is scary shit.
Yes it is scary; when I was 30 years-old I developed chickenpox. One of the effects was food tasting weird-and I couldn't eat toast for weeks because it smelt and tasted awful. And that was a relatively mild virus.

I know a 17-year-old boy who was a star soccer player on his high school team. He was being considered for athletic college scholarships. But after getting Covid, he developed heart rhythm disturbances which required a pacemaker. Needless to say, he is no longer playing soccer, and there are no more scholarship offers.

When it comes to taking credit for the vaccine development which have so far been critical in bringing back the economy, Trump supporters are eager to call it “the Trump vaccine”- although he had as much to do with it as the development of airplanes and antibiotics.

But then why are so many of them against it so much and refusing to take it? Because Trump and his propaganda arm have made it a marker of tribal and cultural identity- it’s now like the refusal of Muslims to eat pork. It’s just not what the “good people” do.

Why should I subject myself to an experimental vaccine that has a very high rate of adverse side effects to combat something that poses very little threat to me? Appeasement of your phobia is not a good enough reason for me.

Why should I subject myself to an experimental vaccine that has a very high rate of adverse side effects to combat something that poses very little threat to me? Appeasement of your phobia is not a good enough reason for me.
Have you learned nothing over the past 18 months? It does NOT have a "very high rate" of adverse side effects-unless you call a sore arm for a couple of days, "adverse". Be a responsible citizen, get vaccinated and help prevent someone from catching your disease. Oh, but I forgot; conservatives care about nobody but themselves. Get sick; nobody cares. Look forward to being refused entry to stores, your favourite bar and air travel. I hear life as a social pariah is too much fun.

Who said it was experimental? And why do you think a pandemic that has so far killed more Americans in a single year than 4 years of the Civil War not something that profoundly effects you? And if it does not affect you, is it OK to continue to allow it to spread, kill, and maim fellow Americans in more vulnerable situations than you?

This could be your parents, grandparents, neighbors, members of your church, etc… what makes you think this is just about you and you don’t have an obligation to your nation?

Have you learned nothing over the past 18 months? It does NOT have a "very high rate" of adverse side effects-unless you call a sore arm for a couple of days, "adverse". Be a responsible citizen, get vaccinated and help prevent someone from catching your disease. Oh, but I forgot; conservatives care about nobody but themselves. Get sick; nobody cares. Look forward to being refused entry to stores, your favourite bar and air travel. I hear life as a social pariah is too much fun.
Who said it was experimental? And why do you think a pandemic that has so far killed more Americans in a single year than 4 years of the Civil War not something that profoundly effects you? And if it does not affect you, is it OK to continue to allow it to spread, kill, and maim fellow Americans in more vulnerable situations than you?

This could be your parents, grandparents, neighbors, members of your church, etc… what makes you think this is just about you and you don’t have an obligation to your nation?
I rather not risk becoming a member of this website

Trumpers were for before against, and then after for and then against.

???

Yes it is scary; when I was 30 years-old I developed chickenpox. One of the effects was food tasting weird-and I couldn't eat toast for weeks because it smelt and tasted awful. And that was a relatively mild virus.

When I was a kid, I got measles, chicken pox and mumps. The polio vaccine came along just in time for me. But I had friends whose older bros by just a couple years had polio and I noticed others of the same age with the same apparent condition. As seldom as that was, seeing somebody with a leg in that contraption with crutches is rather obvious. My son only got measles. He had measles marks even on the soles of his feet.

When I was a kid, I got measles, chicken pox and mumps. The polio vaccine came along just in time for me. But I had friends whose older bros by just a couple years had polio and I noticed others of the same age with the same apparent condition. As seldom as that was, seeing somebody with a leg in that contraption with crutches is rather obvious. My son only got measles. He had measles marks even on the soles of his feet.
A school friend in the '60s had polio as a small child. His legs were buggered but he was as strong as an ox from the waist up.

I know a 17-year-old boy who was a star soccer player on his high school team. He was being considered for athletic college scholarships. But after getting Covid, he developed heart rhythm disturbances which required a pacemaker. Needless to say, he is no longer playing soccer, and there are no more scholarship offers.
wow

Yes- very true. We are often told that they are just the conservative version of CNN, NYT, WaPo, etc… but they are the only news organization which have been sued by their own reporters for forcing them to lie. They have successfully defended themselves in court, not by proving they were not intentionally lying and propagating misinformation, but that the freedom of speech and press legally give them the right to lie if they want.

….or the defense that it’s own top-rated hosts literally are not there to tell the truth:

Fox News may be the only information network in history to fire a reporter for being right ahead of everyone else, in calling Arizona for Biden.

I rather not risk becoming a member of this website

You have about as much likelihood of developing serious adverse reactions as winning the lottery. Don't be a mug; get vaccinated and quit buying scare stories from those with clear political agendas.

The answer is simple and it a perfect example of the difference between the right and the left.

Unlike the left, the beliefs and convictions of those on the right aren't derived from political gamesmanship. If they were, everyone on the right would have taken the vaccine. You all willingly bend and mold your beliefs for maximum political gain.

5 bucks says a bunch of these people that won't get the COVID vaccine are taking medicine on a daily basis (that could have short or long term adverse health issues). Or will.

Hell, they probably also use Roundup. Or smoke. Or drink a lot. Or eat like shit. Or are already diabetic. Or are way overweight. Or have clogged arteries.

Ah, so you will survive the pandemic. I notice that in the first wave, in the summer, blacks, latinos and natives were disproportionately infected and dying. Now, anti-vax Republiklan cultists and catching the Delta variant and dying.

Is this divine justice?

5 bucks says a bunch of these people that won't get the COVID vaccine are taking medicine on a daily basis (that could have short or long term adverse health issues). Or will.

Hell, they probably also use Roundup. Or smoke. Or drink a lot. Or eat like shit. Or are already diabetic. Or are way overweight. Or have clogged arteries.
The answer is simple and it a perfect example of the difference between the right and the left.

Unlike the left, the beliefs and convictions of those on the right aren't derived from political gamesmanship. If they were, everyone on the right would have taken the vaccine. You all willingly bend and mold your beliefs for maximum political gain.
Political gamesmanship? Have you never heard of Newt Gingrich? GOPAC?

And what do you call the shenanigans of Mitch McConnell?

The GOP for 40 years has followed a game plan consisting of "obstruct obstruct and obstruct some more, while always giving billionaries tax cuts". I can't really perceive any policy or philosophy more profound than that.

At this point I can only say, "Good! Don't get vaccinated! Due of the Delta variant! Improve the nation thereby!"

Refusing vaccination is irresponsible, and in many cases constitutes negligent homicide. So... if all those Trumpoid Republiklan anti-vaxxers die, shall we expect any tears from me? I think not.

Do the country a favor, Trumpoids! Don't get vaccinated! Go out and mingle! Go to super-spreader events! Lick doorknobs!

Back
Top Bottom