• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are so many christians republican?

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Why are so many christians republican?​

renderTimingPixel.png

SOOOOOO many christians are republican and the republican party is considered the party of christianity. But why? Why is this the case?

renderTimingPixel.png

SOOOOOO many christians are republican and the republican party is considered the party of christianity. But why? Why is this the case?

Most Democrats are Christian too....

The majority of Democrats are Christian. The majority of almost every party in the US are Christian.

There are many answers, but I'll give a one-word answer: Gatekeeping.

renderTimingPixel.png

I don't see it that way.

I see it as why are so many Republicans believing they are Christians?

Like Trump, who has done nothing to evidence that he is.

renderTimingPixel.png

Are they? Are they really? Evidence of actions says no. They're actually charlatans.

Are they? Are they really? Evidence of actions says no. They're actually charlatans.
1650981678365.png
Matthew 6:5-8

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

the real question is why do so many evangelicals hate people who look like Jesus Christ and many other Christians.

One reason is the abortion issue.

As long as the GOP labels itself the “pro-life” party….

Extremely close to a No True Scotsman fallacy.
My post?
As with most things, you can't cover it all with the same blanket. Where you find those actually attempting to follow the doctrine is at the bottom but is that enough when considering they support an obviously corrupt head.

One reason is the abortion issue.

As long as the GOP labels itself the “pro-life” party….
Odd thing that.

I can't off hand think of a single GOPer, elected and unelected, who has laid claim to being Pro-Life and a Christian arguing for the "sanctity of life" who has also come out and condemned so called "preemptive war" or "acceptable collateral damage?"

None of that has ever, to my knowledge, been a plank in the Party Platform or speechified at GOPer Nominating conventions?

View attachment 67387579
Matthew 6:5-8

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
Excellent, but the problem is they believe God sent them Trump despite there being nothing in the Bible about another person ruling beside Christ, or even another John the Baptist needing to come and make way.

Just gullible…

1. proverb If you judge or condemn someone else, you stand to be judged or condemned according to the same standard; do not judge unsympathetically or hypocritically. The phrase was said by Jesus in the Bible (Matthew 7:1).

1. proverb If you judge or condemn someone else, you stand to be judged or condemned according to the same standard; do not judge unsympathetically or hypocritically. The phrase was said by Jesus in the Bible (Matthew 7:1).
Say that one in the mirror every morning, do you?

Very doubtful. I don't believe any of it, but that doesn't stop me from using it to point out rampaging hypocrisy.
OH, *insert Tucker laugh* so you don't believe, but you use something of which you don't believe to point out hypocrisy * insert Tucker laugh*, is that not hypocrisy in itself!

The question is actually a lot more complicated than a sound-bite answer.... just like most things.

Christians, using the word generically to mean anyone who self-identifies as such, are only slightly more likely to be Republican than Democrat.

When you break it down, "Mainline Protestant" (Methodist, Episcopal, Presbyterian) are as likely to be D as R. Unitarians are mostly Democrats.

"Evangelical" denominations (Baptist, Church of Christ, Pentecostal, etc) are much more commonly Republican than Democrat, but there is still variance.
Catholics are about half and half.

The point you're REALLY trying to hit is why are more theologically-conservative Christians R than D, and the answer is there in the question.

OH, *insert Tucker laugh* so you don't believe, but you use something of which you don't believe to point out hypocrisy * insert Tucker laugh*, is that not hypocrisy in itself?
No. I'm not purporting to believe, so how could I be a hypocrite in that regard. I'm using their own supposed beliefs back on them.

Back
Top Bottom