• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are people so pro Drag with kids?

Can you explain what you find sexual about the picture below, I don't find any inherent sexuality here.

View attachment 67441101

Now here, in a "wholesome" basketball game we see a much, much more vivid display of sexuality.

And the picture of the cheerleaders just made me think of Buffy the Vampire Slayer the movie, and some of their dance routines. Or and Get It On, the male cheerleaders.

Why do people care so much about what other parents do & where they go with their kids?

Not your kid, not your business.

I have never taken my kid to a "drag story hour" and likely won't. But that's my choice, and I don't care what other parents do.
I don't own a single gaming system - my son is 7 and has never so much as SEEN a video game, let alone played one. Other people think it is perfectly fine for their kids to play video games and even violent video games.

Their kid, their choice.
I went to see Dirty Dancing when I was 7 in the theater. I loved that PG13 movie from that first time seeing it. My grandfather got it for me on VHS for my 9th birthday, and my parents got me the soundtrack. None of the adults in my life had any issue with me considering that my favorite movie even at such a young age. But I had friends who couldn't watch PG movies until they were in high school. Their parents felt only G movies were okay for children. If parents don't want their children to see certain movies, shows, forms of entertainment, then they are free to not take their children to those shows, places.

This is definitely something that should be up to individual parents.

As for books in school libraries, I wouldn't have much issue with setting up a system where parents could block their kids from being able to check out certain books. But it should be each parent(s) having to go to their kids' school library and actually checking a box that blocked that/those books from being checked out on their kids' ID number.

Ill cross suit in public even if they outlaw it. Republicans arent going to threaten me.

And the picture of the cheerleaders just made me think of Buffy the Vampire Slayer the movie, and some of their dance routines. Or and Get It On, the male cheerleaders.
Ill get excited about drag queens when consevatives begin to ban cheerleaders at high school, college and pro events because they are 10x more sexual. Drag shows are about comedy and social satire.

No it isn't...
Have you worn that costume before? There is a difference between putting on lingerie and a wig to feel sexual and putting on layers of drag to either entertain others or to feel more comfortable in your skin You are trying to generalize about people in drag, way too much

Why are people so pro Drag with kids? What good does it do? If anything it is bad for it often sexualizes kids. All drag display to kids need to be banned

Well maybe if backwoods, anti-education idiots would actually read to their children, we wouldn’t need drag queens to do it.

When you watched that show people still knew what a girl and boy was. Today, kids aren't anchored in reality and, in fact, are pushed away from reality and so far as their resilience in the face of this propaganda onslaught....
  • In 2021, more than 4 in 10 (42%) students felt persistently sad or hopeless and nearly one-third (29%) experienced poor mental health.
  • In 2021, more than 1 in 5 (22%) students seriously considered attempting suicide and 1 in 10 (10%) attempted suicide.
  • These feelings were found to be more common among LGBQ+ students, female students, and students across racial and ethnic groups.
  • Nearly half (45%) of LGBQ+ students in 2021 seriously considered attempting suicide—far more than heterosexual students.
In 2021, students in particular were coming through a year of complete chaos in their lives thanks to Covid.

Their schools were closed, kids missed extra curricular activities, socialization with friends, teen milestones such as proms, homecoming, graduation ceremonies, birthday parties, etc.

I’d attribute all of these statistics taken in 2021 to Covid policies - not to sexuality.

Even where it impacted the LGBT and minority communities the hardest - because those two groups can be especially susceptible to the negative impacts of the isolation brought by Covid restrictions.

Most of them don't care about drag itself. It's basically a misguided effort of terminally-online leftists to own the cons. Some people see it as their tribal duty to defend ridiculous things just to tweak their political opponents' noses.
This would imply the existence of trolls.

Why are people so pro Drag with kids? What good does it do? If anything it is bad for it often sexualizes kids. All drag display to kids need to be banned

Because it's cool. I'd much rather my kids attend a drag story time than a child beauty pageant or a Catholic church.

Though children should be protected from graphic material and displays, you can't shield them from life indefinitely.

Its real simple to me. If dont want children at strip clubs and burlesque shows and the like, then we dont want them at the transvestite/ homosexual equivalents. Should be easy. What I am not understanding is how the hell are these people putting these shows on especially the more graphic ones, not being charged with nuisance to a minor and worse. Its one thing dressing up as version of a clown, its and entire other for sexual innuendo and more.

How many people and how much "pro-drag" is there?
Are you seeing dozens of these people everywhere, every day, every time you turn around?

In 2021, students in particular were coming through a year of complete chaos in their lives thanks to Covid.

Their schools were closed, kids missed extra curricular activities, socialization with friends, teen milestones such as proms, homecoming, graduation ceremonies, birthday parties, etc.

I’d attribute all of these statistics taken in 2021 to Covid policies - not to sexuality.
Rates were increasing before COVID
Even where it impacted the LGBT and minority communities the hardest - because those two groups can be especially susceptible to the negative impacts of the isolation brought by Covid restrictions.
You're not making the point here that you think you are.

Rates were increasing before COVID

You're not making the point here that you think you are.
I’m not sure what point you think I was trying to make.

My point was that I’m not at all surprised with high numbers in 2021. It was a rotten time for kids/teens.

By exposing kids in a safe environment (such as story telling), so that when they get older, instead of feeling fear, resentment, anger and hate which could lead to violence they can literally say to themselves, “Oh, it’s just some dude in drag. Whatever.”

And then move on in their lives because they know there is no threat in being different.

That is literally all this is about: exposing kids to the different things that will encounter in their lifetimes and give the ability to deal with it in a sensible way.

Because here’s the thing: being gay, trans, a drag queen and such has existed this whole time and will continue to do so and there is nothing you can do about it.

It must suck to live in fear when you don’t have to.

The idea is to try and discourage masculinity in men and boys. That's why it's only drag queens. But not really butch women or drag kings.

Back
Top Bottom