• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are orientation changes/conversions only 1-way?

It exists in nature, hence it is natural. That does not mean it is good or bad, it just does.

Of course you are going off a religious definition of "natural" so you do not see it that way.

Unnatural things exists in nature, yet they're still unnatural. That includes homosexuality.

You lose.

So gay people are supernatural? There are things that are natural, meaning things that exist in nature and things that are supernatural, things that defy nature. So if it isn't natural either you don't understand what nature is or gay people are supernatural.

I am going to go with you not understanding nature personally, I don't believe in vampires and werewolves, this must simply mean you are at a loss to what the meaning of nature is.

I think though that it is funny you think gay people are like the X-men or vampires or whatever you are thinking.

So you think they're supernatural? Must be, because I don't think so. They're neither natural, nor supernatural. This is earth, not fantasyland.

You see, if they don't play by the rules, then they're unnatural. On if's, ands, or buts.

Except I've already proven it's natural when debating you. You're the one who lives in the fantasy world when you believe that it isn't.

No you didn't. You cannot prove something if you have no proof.

Unnatural things exists in nature, yet they're still unnatural. That includes homosexuality.

You lose.

So define "natural" then please. You mean uncommon? Not the norm?

Well...if it exists in nature, it's natural. Homosexuality exists in nature. Homosexuality is natural.

I'm not making any pro- or anti-gay point, but why does it seem that orientation conversions are only 1-way, ie straight to gay? A person may have been married with children and a dozen opposite gender partners, and then decide/announce/realize they are gay. But I never hear of it going the other way. A gay person decides/realizes/announces they are hetero.

Do you think that is ALWAYS because they were in self denial/self realization?

I think that's pretty much it. I think those people who 'convert' after being straight for a long time had homosexual feelings all along, and simply suppressed them for some reason.

As my ex-wife used to put it...

crosskey.jpg

:no:

keyholes.jpg

:no:

keyinlock.jpg

:yes:

:lamo

No you didn't. You cannot prove something if you have no proof.
Indeed, as I presented here http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-and-sexuality/171682-why-orientation-changes-conversions-only-1-way-3.html#post1062273681, the obvious reason the topically alluded conversions go only one way is because homosexuality is clearly abnormal, and thus the four reasons I presented as to why conversion goes only one way is thus substantiated and validated.

Captain Courtesy has simply not proven that homosexuality is not abnormal in both frequency and nature.

It clearly is abnormal in both frequency and nature and that reality accounts for why historic conversion efforts go only one way.

Indeed, as I presented here http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-and-sexuality/171682-why-orientation-changes-conversions-only-1-way-3.html#post1062273681, the obvious reason the topically alluded conversions go only one way is because homosexuality is clearly abnormal, and thus the four reasons I presented as to why conversion goes only one way is thus substantiated and validated.

Captain Courtesy has simply not proven that homosexuality is not abnormal in both frequency and nature.

It clearly is abnormal in both frequency and nature and that reality accounts for why historic conversion efforts go only one way.

I know. What I don’t get us why he even comes here online to argue with no proof. The only thing they have is the statement that it exists in nature therefore it’s natural. As if that were enough! They don’t offer anything else.

They never consider that un-natural things exist in nature too, yet they’re still un-natural.

If doctors ever announced that they were seeking a cure for homosexuality, they would take to the streets in protest. They’re not interested in helping gays. They want to use gays as pawns in some kind of game. It’s important to them that homosexuality continue to exist so a cure is not in their best interest.

So you think they're supernatural? Must be, because I don't think so. They're neither natural, nor supernatural. This is earth, not fantasyland.

You see, if they don't play by the rules, then they're unnatural. On if's, ands, or buts.

What rules?

What rules?

That you (1) use your sexual equipment as they were intended, and that (2) you must be able, in general, to procreate.

That you (1) use your sexual equipment as they were intended, and that (2) you must be able, in general, to procreate.

If your genitalia was only ever meant to be inserted into female genitalia, then you are every bit a rule breaker as everybody that ever masturbated or had a blow job.

I can procreate thank you.

If your genitalia was only ever meant to be inserted into female genitalia, then you are every bit a rule breaker as everybody that ever masturbated or had a blow job.

I can procreate thank you.

That be true, but the rule stands, and as for the second rule, yes you can, but not with another guy. That rule stands too.

If doctors ever announced that they were seeking a cure for homosexuality, they would take to the streets in protest. They’re not interested in helping gays. They want to use gays as pawns in some kind of game. It’s important to them that homosexuality continue to exist so a cure is not in their best interest.

I always find myself wondering what would happen if someone came out with a cure. How would people respond in the gay community? I don't think anyone would protest in the streets, but I don't imagine they would be happy about it either.

I'm not making any pro- or anti-gay point, but why does it seem that orientation conversions are only 1-way, ie straight to gay? A person may have been married with children and a dozen opposite gender partners, and then decide/announce/realize they are gay. But I never hear of it going the other way. A gay person decides/realizes/announces they are hetero.

Do you think that is ALWAYS because they were in self denial/self realization?

Just a discussion topic, I'm not trying to make any point of it.

how about those that are straight then decide they are gay then change their mind and decide they are staight again? Anne Heche comes to mind.

That be true, but the rule stands, and as for the second rule, yes you can, but not with another guy. That rule stands too.

What rule? How do I violate your rule. I do what every other person does, i am perfectly capable of procreation. The only difference is that I choose a romantic relationship with a man.

That doesn't violate the second rule and your first rule is meaningless being that every human being on three planet violates that.

The only people you are excluding here are impotent people and infertile people.

I always find myself wondering what would happen if someone came out with a cure. How would people respond in the gay community? I don't think anyone would protest in the streets, but I don't imagine they would be happy about it either.

exactly. what if they discovered the "gay gene" and could eliminate it? I wonder how many, if any, gay people would get the cure.

There is no cure because it isn't a sickness.

how about those that are straight then decide they are gay then change their mind and decide they are staight again? Anne Heche comes to mind.

Sexuality isn't a binary. It's a spectrum.

If something relives someone of a condition it doesn't matter if it is a sickness or not as technically it is a cure. Sorry, but putting a position behind my post is going to get you no where as no position was laid out.

neither is being short. but I would be willing to bet that there are a lot of 5' 6" guys who would gladly take a "cure" for shortness.

Semantics is not a game that can be lost.

Unnatural things don't exist. Vampires and werewolves are the only unnatural things I can think of, wait, I guess leprechauns and unicorns are unnatural also.

But a human being being very much human isn't the slightest but unnatural.

Back
Top Bottom