• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Are New Hampshire Pay Rates So Low?

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Consistently, it seems pay rate in NH are about 30% lower than Massachusetts. The goal of many in NH is to find a MA company, then work remotely as many days as possible to escape MA state income tax. I tried to live and work in NH and just couldn't make it pay, so I moved to Texas. In my field, Dallas pays about the same as Boston. Of course I bought two brand new vehicles before moving to escape Texas sales tax.

It is s small state, with lower or at least lower perceived cost of living so as a result they pay less. The cost of living is higher in MA so they pay more, also the state tends to attract more sought after talent, so they offer more competitive salaries. What industry do you work in?

It is s small state, with lower or at least lower perceived cost of living so as a result they pay less. The cost of living is higher in MA so they pay more, also the state tends to attract more sought after talent, so they offer more competitive salaries. What industry do you work in?

Software Architecture and Engineering.

Software Architecture and Engineering.

That would be why. New Hampshire is not a centre for tech or anything really for that matter. You have to go where demand exists and the larger that demand the more you are going to be paid. The tech and business services sectors are particularity concentrated in certain areas, this is why you would had to move to Boston or to Texas, where tech and other industries are concentrated.

Back
Top Bottom