• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are most of the threads about LGBTQ issues

Hell, if transgender people could just change their gender to what they want to be, most would probably change it to match their sex. After all, why would they want to suffer through the GD as well as the harassment and bullying they now get as transgenders? Since that's not what's happening, obviously they can't change it to what they want it to be. They can only acknowledge what it is, despite your denial of it.
There is no denial of anything. There is factual reality. A man is a man and a woman is a woman and there is nothing that changes that. Some people have a mental disorder that makes them think that they should be something different than what they are, and some people are hoping onto it as part of a social contagion (especially kids). None of that changes anything.

That doesn't mean that people with these issues should be targeted for mistreatment for just existing.

There is no denial of anything. There is factual reality.

Something opponents deny.

A man is a man and a woman is a woman and there is nothing that changes that.

Labels are labels and their use changes over time. Fact. Otherwise, the term gay then has never meant homosexual. And for that matter gender does not mean sex under that logic as well, since it was never used as more than a euphemism before it became a synonym sometime in the 18th or 19th century.

You are correct that the biology of a person will always be what it is. But that doesn't mean that it is what you think it is or want it to be. Genetically speaking, there are males (XY) born with vaginas. Do you claim them a man or a woman? Please don't quibble with the "they're an exception" weak ass argument. With that argument, all homosexuals and transgenders are an exception. But I digress. Regardless of what the reality of the body is, the label can change. Man and woman can be changed to apply to something else, much as gay has done. So could male and female for that matter. As to whether or not something could be going on with our bodies and whatnot, that we never noticed before, I draw your attention to women miscarrying. For the longest time, we thought that a woman who did not get pregnant or rarely got pregnant, had fertility problems. Now we have the means to detect the more subtle signs of a miscarriage (and a stroke and many other things we could not detect before), and have determined that many women miscarry far more than they are aware of, having it happen so early in the pregnancy that they never know they are pregnant. Now if we could have been making that kind of error before, then there is no reason not to have been mistaken as to the difference between sex and gender (or whatever labels you might wish to use)

Some people have a mental disorder that makes them think that they should be something different than what they are, and some people are hoping onto it as part of a social contagion (especially kids). None of that changes anything.

Claiming something to be a mental disorder simply because it changes your worldview or you don't like it doesn't make it so. Especially when the actual professionals say otherwise. There are plenty of things that we used to claim as mental disorders, or worse, that we no longer do. Left handed used to be a mental disorder a long time ago, if it wasn't claimed as demonic possession or just plain a choice to sin, as homosexuality and transgenderism is claimed by many today.

That doesn't mean that people with these issues should be targeted for mistreatment for just existing.

On this we can agree. And ultimately there is something wrong with a person who is transgender INSOFAR AS, if there is nothing wrong then there is nothing to correct. That is why homosexuals don't need anything done to them (despite opponents' claims). All of a homosexual's stress and anxiety comes from outside of themselves. A transgender's GD comes from inside. It wouldn't matter if all of the US went to wearing "women's clothes" (which is totally a social construct since all clothing types have been worn by both sexes throughout history), the social construct of clothing styles is not the source of the GD. It might be a method for relief of the symptoms, but it's not the source. The fact that their two aspects are mismatched to a degree that it causes stress and anxiety, means that there is something wrong.

Labels are labels and their use changes over time. Fact.
Doesn't matter what label you slap on it. A man is always a man, no matter what label you want to use, and a woman is always a woman. You could call them w/e made up word you want but it will not change the fundamental and biological differences.
You are correct that the biology of a person will always be what it is. But that doesn't mean that it is what you think it is or want it to be. Genetically speaking, there are males (XY) born with vaginas. Do you claim them a man or a woman? Please don't quibble with the "they're an exception" weak ass argument. With that argument, all homosexuals and transgenders are an exception. But I digress. Regardless of what the reality of the body is, the label can change. Man and woman can be changed to apply to something else, much as gay has done. So could male and female for that matter. As to whether or not something could be going on with our bodies and whatnot, that we never noticed before, I draw your attention to women miscarrying. For the longest time, we thought that a woman who did not get pregnant or rarely got pregnant, had fertility problems. Now we have the means to detect the more subtle signs of a miscarriage (and a stroke and many other things we could not detect before), and have determined that many women miscarry far more than they are aware of, having it happen so early in the pregnancy that they never know they are pregnant. Now if we could have been making that kind of error before, then there is no reason not to have been mistaken as to the difference between sex and gender (or whatever labels you might wish to use)
There are mutations that happen all over the place. I can also say that humans are bipedal but some humans are born with one leg or no legs. You don't use mutations as the definitive measure of what something is.
Claiming something to be a mental disorder simply because it changes your worldview or you don't like it doesn't make it so. Especially when the actual professionals say otherwise. There are plenty of things that we used to claim as mental disorders, or worse, that we no longer do. Left handed used to be a mental disorder a long time ago, if it wasn't claimed as demonic possession or just plain a choice to sin, as homosexuality and transgenderism is claimed by many today.
It's a mental disorder. They think they are something they are not. There's nothing else to be said about it. Why do we not recognize it as such as much as anyone who thinks they are an animal or those who believe they should be disabled so they purposefully harm themselves to cause them to be disabled?
On this we can agree. And ultimately there is something wrong with a person who is transgender INSOFAR AS, if there is nothing wrong then there is nothing to correct. That is why homosexuals don't need anything done to them (despite opponents' claims). All of a homosexual's stress and anxiety comes from outside of themselves. A transgender's GD comes from inside. It wouldn't matter if all of the US went to wearing "women's clothes" (which is totally a social construct since all clothing types have been worn by both sexes throughout history), the social construct of clothing styles is not the source of the GD. It might be a method for relief of the symptoms, but it's not the source. The fact that their two aspects are mismatched to a degree that it causes stress and anxiety, means that there is something wrong.
I don't disagree with much here.

Doesn't matter what label you slap on it. A man is always a man, no matter what label you want to use, and a woman is always a woman. You could call them w/e made up word you want but it will not change the fundamental and biological differences.

There are mutations that happen all over the place. I can also say that humans are bipedal but some humans are born with one leg or no legs. You don't use mutations as the definitive measure of what something is.

It's a mental disorder. They think they are something they are not. There's nothing else to be said about it. Why do we not recognize it as such as much as anyone who thinks they are an animal or those who believe they should be disabled so they purposefully harm themselves to cause them to be disabled?

I don't disagree with much here.
Why don't you say how dumb you think his post is?

Oh wait that's what you do when your cornered.

Why don't you say how dumb you think his post is?

Oh wait that's what you do when your cornered.
Lol...you don't even realize how ****ing dumb your posts are. His post wasn't bad, so I didn't say that.

Lol...you don't even realize how ****ing dumb your posts are. His post wasn't bad, so I didn't say that.
You're running away from every single one of them. Making excuses of why you won't address them.

That's because you know I'm right.

It wouldn't matter if all of the US went to wearing "women's clothes" (which is totally a social construct since all clothing types have been worn by both sexes throughout history), the social construct of clothing styles is not the source of the GD. It might be a method for relief of the symptoms, but it's not the source. The fact that their two aspects are mismatched to a degree that it causes stress and anxiety, means that there is something wrong.
All anybody today wears are jeans and T-shirts. I'm one of the few guys who still wears a suit and necktie. Oh, and I never button the bottom button of my suit and sport coat, and my necktie and pocket square never match. And I don't apologize for how I dress, anymore than anyone ever apologized for the body art --- someone else drew on them.

Last edited:
All anybody today wears are jeans and T-shirts.
good. Wasting time and money trying to impress people with fancy clothes is kind of childish
I'm one of the few guys who still wears a suit and necktie. Oh, and I never button the bottom button of my suit and sport coat, and my necktie and pocket square never match. And I don't apologize for how I dress, anymore than anyone ever apologized for the body art --- someone else drew on them.
Good for you I'm one of those men that has never worn a suit. And I have no need for a necktie. In fact the only time I ever wore one it was a clip on.

good. Wasting time and money trying to impress people with fancy clothes is kind of childish

Good for you I'm one of those men that has never worn a suit. And I have no need for a necktie. In fact the only time I ever wore one it was a clip on.
I was taught that one dressed properly out of respect. It was as a matter of show. T-shirts with gaudy emblems and fancy slogans upon them are childish to say the least.

I was taught that one dressed properly out of respect.
dress however you want I don't really care.
It was as a matter of show.
Showing off isn't important to me.
T-shirts with gaudy emblems and fancy slogans upon them are childish to say the least.
You're in titled to your opinion I'll try really hard to want to care about it.

There's a lot more to sexuality than just those things.

I'm new here, so i don't know what I've stepped into, but from here it looks like the same broken record hysteria. Can we talk about something else?

Remind me, what's the name of this website?

I was taught that one dressed properly out of respect. It was as a matter of show. T-shirts with gaudy emblems and fancy slogans upon them are childish to say the least.
The concept of proper dress has always been changing throughout the years and centuries. Proper dress for men at one point was heels, hose, corsets, wigs and make-up. That would be the founding fathers of the US. There is not one type of clothing that has not been worn by both sexes at some point in history.

The concept of proper dress has always been changing throughout the years and centuries. Proper dress for men at one point was heels, hose, corsets, wigs and make-up. That would be the founding fathers of the US. There is not one type of clothing that has not been worn by both sexes at some point in history.
Working classes would say otherwise.

Working classes would say otherwise.
Not really. It was working class women who started wearing pants, during WWI and WWII when they end up in the factories and other places men no longer were due to being in the field. This was against the idea of the time that women did not wear pants. And that is before we take into account that other cultures across the world and time have had women wearing pants. There is not one type of clothing that has not been worn by both men and women at some point or another in history. Whom they are worn by is strictly a social construct, and has no actual bearing on the sex.

Back
Top Bottom