• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are men so creepy when trying to meet women?

Well of course he is. I just think that finding an incredible person on the Internet is unusual.
I was just giving you a hard time on the lack of an "incredible" description regarding your husband.

Anyway, I don't think the internet is as "not real-life" and many want to continue to believe.

So, about 10 years ago I decided to conduct a little experiment. I "borrowed" a photo from another (unknown to me) woman on the opposite coast from the Yahoo dating site. I created a fake Yahoo ID as a woman. I wrote a dating ad and posted it.

Honestly? I find it creepy that someone would do that. You don't just steal someone elses photo and put it on a dating site. You just don't do it.

You know why men are so creepy? Because evolution has shaped women to selectively favor them with reproductive access based on obscure criteria. Men do everything they can to show they meet those criteria. The acts of creepiness are colateral damage in the males' shotgun approach to convincing a woman his sperm is worth the trouble it takes to squeeze out.

Because they treat women differently and have little experience doing so. I just treat everyone the same (always have), except when it comes to having sex, I'm a hypocrite there (straight); but I'm ok with that programming/hypocrisy and I've more important things to work on. It's perhaps surprising to some people how women react when you just treat them like everyone else (presuming, of course, a decent level of respect and charm being commonplace). People think gays get along well with women because they like the same things? No. It's because gays treat them like a person and not an object.

People are weird when they don't really see one as an equal/full/hollistic/capable human being. They try to put on some kind of a show and, like a clown, it's creepy.

ps. I just read the part about yahoo dating (I just went for the title/first line in the OP). That's ridiculous. Of course it's a joke. Who would go there seriously.

Last edited:
Honestly? I find it creepy that someone would do that. You don't just steal someone elses photo and put it on a dating site. You just don't do it.

Umm, I was soooo wondering when someone would point that out!!

IMO, you are always going to find more sleezy creepers online or in most singles joints. An experiment of a single woman who made it known that she was so in church would not find nearly so many of those types of approaches. (I didn't say any lol) But I think i am getting my point across here. The most anonymous of ways to meet others will find the most who have the most to hide IRL. Also, when we ask ourselves do they really think that approach is gonna work, they don't, or don't care. basically its just trolling on their part. Either because of extreme laziness or because they simply do not have what it takes to be a decent person, or perhaps they are looking for that special someone who actually does like that approach, and while there aren't many women who do, there are women who do.

they are greedy creeps............

Befuddled Stoner said:
You know why men are so creepy? Because evolution has shaped women to selectively favor them with reproductive access based on obscure criteria. Men do everything they can to show they meet those criteria. The acts of creepiness are colateral damage in the males' shotgun approach to convincing a woman his sperm is worth the trouble it takes to squeeze out.

Definitive answer here. Thread can end now.

Because when men start to think with their penis it turns them into ding dongs.

Guys aren't creepy!

hungry-eyes.jpg

Oh wait...

Umm, I was soooo wondering when someone would point that out!!
Creepy? Rude, yes. Uncool, yes. I'll cop to that. How is it creepy? I did nothing with the photo. I did not portray the person in a negative light (i.e.: selling sex for money, etc.). I purposely used one from a person 3000 miles away to minimize the chance that another person would recognize her. Can you articulate why it would be "creepy"?

Creepy? Rude, yes. Uncool, yes. I'll cop to that. How is it creepy? I did nothing with the photo. I did not portray the person in a negative light (i.e.: selling sex for money, etc.). I purposely used one from a person 3000 miles away to minimize the chance that another person would recognize her. Can you articulate why it would be "creepy"?

1. The person may have been involved or married and that could have caused her a great deal of trouble;

2. The person's likeness is forever now coupled with your "quest" and should any of those creeps be a danger, you have placed her in a very bad position;

3. Impersonating anyone is very questionable and strange "on it's face";

4. It appears you did not get get permission, this is a theft of sorts;

5. To be unthinking enough to do what you have done and blatantly speak about it here speaks of someone who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. Indeed, someone who simply does not respect the rights of others.

Why is it surprising that the creepiest men take their creepiness to the Internet?

Using an experiment on the internet was not the best idea. I would recommend trying it on people you don't know, in a place you don't plan to go for a while.

Also I think women don't know how hard it is for most men to ask out a woman. Even if you do, women are either embarrassed, or play the "I want to get you naked as fast a possible" card. Hell I've been hit on by a girl with her boyfriend/husband right next to her! Finish the game girl! It's yours just put in the effort!

The Internet often is like road rage. People - men maybe more than women - can take out their frustrations and fears on the Internet. Extreme misconduct online often is a sign of a socially crippled and dysfunctional person. Internet communications is not a good way to measure or even understand arnyone. Often you can be dealing with a person's fantasy self or even alter ego.

Most men have creepy thoughts. They just don't all have to resort to them to get a date.

Most men have creepy thoughts. They just don't all have to resort to them to get a date.
Get a bunch of women together and get them really drunk, then say the word penis and see what happens from there.;) Its not just guys.

Yeah really - what other thread was it where someone was going on about the 'thought you have when you first meet a women' and it was nothing but ****ing . . . I read that and went 'yeesh'

I consider dating (in the early stages) to be kind of like marketing. In a sense, you are marketing yourself to a potential "buyer". Acting an ass and sending penis picks just strikes me as poor marketing. Kind of like a used car salesman saying to the customer, "Look, dumbarse, I want to go home and **** my dinner and eat my wife, so whip out your checkbook and buy the damn car. Now!".

I consider dating (in the early stages) to be kind of like marketing. In a sense, you are marketing yourself to a potential "buyer". Acting an ass and sending penis picks just strikes me as poor marketing. Kind of like a used car salesman saying to the customer, "Look, dumbarse, I want to go home and **** my dinner and eat my wife, so whip out your checkbook and buy the damn car. Now!".

You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say, "I'm fantastic in bed."
That's direct marketing.

You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl. One of your friends goes up to her, points at you, and says, "He's fantastic in bed."
That's advertising.

You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl. You get up and straighten your tie, walk up to her and pour her a drink. You open the door for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her a ride, and then say, "By the way, I'm fantastic in bed." That's public relations.

You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl. She walks up to you and says, "I hear you're fantastic in bed."
That's brand recognition!

You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say, "I'm fantastic in bed."
That's direct marketing.

You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl. One of your friends goes up to her, points at you, and says, "He's fantastic in bed."
That's advertising.

You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl. You get up and straighten your tie, walk up to her and pour her a drink. You open the door for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her a ride, and then say, "By the way, I'm fantastic in bed." That's public relations.

You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl. She walks up to you and says, "I hear you're fantastic in bed."
I nominate this for Post of the Day. :lol:

That's direct marketing.

That's advertising.

When dissatisfied customer files for investigation and on the grounds of false advertisement.
That's a lawsuit

:D

When dissatisfied customer files for investigation and on the grounds of false advertisement.
That's a lawsuit
:D

You're in bed with a gorgeous girl and another snaps a picture of you in the act, then sells the pics to her friends. That's Industrial Espionage.

Back
Top Bottom