• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Are Liberals So Rude to the Right?

They're rude because they are Liberals.

Always on the defensive who have justified the idiom of " the ends justifies the means ".

Their rudeness is only part of their total personality malfeasance.

No. They are rude because they consider themselves righteous. And whatever source the sense of righteousness comes from, it drives the rudeness.

The more a person has an attitude of "whatever -- I'm going to live my life; you go live yours," the less rude they tend to be.

They're rude because they are Liberals.

Always on the defensive who have justified the idiom of " the ends justifies the means ".

Their rudeness is only part of their total personality malfeasance.

And we have liftoff.

There are absolutely the Ann Coulters, the Michael Savages, the Sean Hannitys.

Now, in day-to-day life I spend my time almost entirely around the Left -- and not center-liberals, but the Left -- because my field is dominated by it, and the majority of my personal friends subscribe to it. I do know, from personal experience, how casual and biting the rudeness is toward anyone who disagrees with them, when they're confident that they're among like-minded friends. I hear it at parties. I see it on Facebook (such as one who made a page for "Kick a Republican in the Crotch Day"). It is, functionally and morally, no different whatsoever from a different group sitting around making racist or anti-gay slurs. It is AS arrogant, it is AS nasty, as any of that -- especially when the religious bigots get wound up. This is, no exaggeration, a daily thing. I actually consider it a career hazard.

I do not spend much time at all in groups of the opposite persuasion. But I am told by others, and I believe them, that the same happens to them. I believe it because it's human. And everyone's human.

That's the kind of thing you don't hear when right wingers get together. You don't hear anti-gay or racist slurs either. Most of what is talked about is how wrong left wing ideas and policies are.

Maybe it's a function of my mostly being around professionals. But I was at at Tea Party rally one time in Houston and the same general rule held.

Coulter is sort of like the exception that proves the rule. I never listen to Savage. But Hannity? What has he ever said?

hyperpartisan hacks are rude because they genuinely detest the other side. however, claiming that this phenomenon is one sided is phenomenally incorrect. it's illustrated on this very site.

the moral of the story is that it's best to avoid being or or being around hyperpartisan hacks, because they are trying to fit everything into their narrow worldview and dislike anyone who might point that out.

I think the thing that needs to be addressed is how the non news media seems to bash conservatives more than liberals.

I think the thing that needs to be addressed is how the non news media seems to bash conservatives more than liberals.

Only because the whackos have hijacked and commandeered the label, "conservative."

I remember when conservatives were respectable people. Of course, the whackos call those conservatives "flaming libtards," these days. :lamo

Only because the whackos have hijacked and commandeered the label, "conservative."

I remember when conservatives were respectable people. Of course, the whackos call those conservatives "flaming libtards," these days. :lamo

whackos exist in both parties, but the above "centrist" only deals with the wackos on one side. he typically gives personal likes to the wackos on the other side.

depends on the network, but i do see that sometimes. of course, you have to understand that conservatives, by definition, want to conserve, while society naturally evolves. the news media covers that evolution.

if you're talking MSNBC, though, that network is a joke, and is only worthy of scorn.

depends on the network, but i do see that sometimes. of course, you have to understand that conservatives, by definition, want to conserve, while society naturally evolves. the news media covers that evolution.

if you're talking MSNBC, though, that network is a joke, and is only worthy of scorn.
Im really not tlking about news but general media. The labels them selves are great examples of how media can change perception because in the classical sense conservatives are liberals.

Good question. I'm always on a site called SodaHead and the liberals there are as radical as can be. The move in groups it seems and they are always bullying or attacking someone. Their hate for the Tea party compares against the KKK's hate for African Americans. I don't think it applies to everyone of course...but some liberals are clearly angry and just jerks.

I'm not going to go Easter Egg hunting for this guy. It's not like they are hidden in a corner.

But, as a courtesy, I will lend an assist.

Check the site. Find just about any poster who leans, "libertarian right," or has the word "Conservative" in their moniker. Then click on their post history. Have fun.

It's humorous that you'd accuse anyone else of partisanship when all your own bashing is pretty much totally one sided.

Asswipes are distributed along the bell curve just like anything else, and are in equal numbers in all persuasions, more or less. People just tend not to notice it as much from their own side.

Anyone who says it's "one-sided," from whichever side they mean, is either deluded or doesn't pay enough attention.

Or they're one of the asswipes.

Well, I couldn't possibly be a moderate. I sometimes disagree with the Tea Partiers....obviously that means I couldn't be.

Don't you mean TEA baggers. You just said it was totally fine and fun to use that.

My boldfacing
If anything, it's either payback or frustration.
The right has cornered the market on rudeness and condescending arrogance.
If anything, it's just their chickens coming home to roost.
Call it karma. :mrgreen:
Before I became so jaded, many suggested I was of the "Libertarian" lean. I was pretty cool with that and somewhat agreed.
But, then, the "Libertarian Right" surfaced and they were like wingnuts on steroids and since, I take offense to being called a "Libertarian." They seem to be all over the board. Who knows where the hell they stand?
Just like, before the Tea Party evolved into the cluster**** of degenerates it is today, I was excited about the idea of a party of independents standing against the status quo. But now, as we all see how they turned out to be, I'd rather be a piano player in a whorehouse than a Tea Partier.

Can you even see how you, yourself, come off? I am thinking that you do not think it rude, think that you are just being truthful, in making these [bolded], as you might put it yet unbeknownst to you, such rude and condescending statements. If there is any truth to irony, this may just be about as truthful as you get. You want to throw around these type slams and then, wonder of wonders, get them thrown right back at you. Oh my!!!

Myself, I usually...usually mind you, play to my competition. Fight fact with fact, source with source, logic or illogic with logic. If the other guy/gal starts throwing punches under the belt, well....I tend to throw them back at least twice as hard... if you want to play that game I will do my best to better you at that one, too.

Sometimes one just must fight fire with fire. I respect, somewhat, those who don't go to that level... Yet someone has to do the dirty work, you cannot just let some people, usually the same ones, walk away unscathed after throwing a smarmy-snarky underhanded hand-grenade in the discussion huddle and then just try to cleanly saunter off...

Nope.

That's the kind of thing you don't hear when right wingers get together. You don't hear anti-gay or racist slurs either. Most of what is talked about is how wrong left wing ideas and policies are.

Maybe it's a function of my mostly being around professionals. But I was at at Tea Party rally one time in Houston and the same general rule held.

Coulter is sort of like the exception that proves the rule. I never listen to Savage. But Hannity? What has he ever said?

This is all your perception. If I am around a lot of right wingers (and I frequently am), I hear plenty of anti-gay and racist comments and plenty of other attacks that have nothing to do with just how wrong left wing policies are. On the other side, when I am around left wingers, as I often am professionally, what I hear, fairly exclusively is just how wrong right wing policies are. No personal attacks, no racist or anti-gay comments... at all.

Perhaps it's a function of location, who one spends time with, or perception. But in my experience, I've seen the exact opposite of what you've seen.

My boldfacing

Can you even see how you, yourself, come off? I am thinking that you do not think it rude, think that you are just being truthful, in making these [bolded], as you might put it yet unbeknownst to you, such rude and condescending statements. If there is any truth to irony, this may just be about as truthful as you get. You want to throw around these type slams and then, wonder of wonders, get them thrown right back at you. Oh my!!!

Myself, I usually...usually mind you, play to my competition. Fight fact with fact, source with source, logic or illogic with logic. If the other guy/gal starts throwing punches under the belt, well....I tend to throw them back at least twice as hard... if you want to play that game I will do my best to better you at that one, too.

Sometimes one just must fight fire with fire. I respect, somewhat, those who don't go to that level... Yet someone has to do the dirty work, you cannot just let some people, usually the same ones, walk away unscathed after throwing a smarmy-snarky underhanded hand-grenade in the discussion huddle and then just try to cleanly saunter off...

Nope.

Oh yes! Make no mistake. I know exactly how I'm coming off. It is always intentional and fully crafted to give exactly that impression.

But I do prefer more civil discourse. But the question was asked. And I answered.

I would have preferred to have given a more "peaches and cream," answer but I am now, as I have always been here, truthful in my opinions. And that is the truth how I see it.

But consider this. I do this because, well, do you remember the movie Rambo? With Sylvester Stallone? Remember that scene when he tells his ex-commander, "They drew first blood." That's kind of where I come from around here quite often, when confronting bullies on the school ground. Now, imagine this foum as a school ground. I came here many years ago, thousands upon thousands of posts ago. I get here with hoping for smiles and handshakes and then I meet these nasty, arrogant, vile and "rude," people (whom, I might add, were disproportional in number on the extreme right side of ideologies.) They swarm me with insults and name calling. To me, they were like schoolyard bullies. I'm the LAST kid on the school yard the bullies want to **** with. I was a hippy in a world full of Scoal dipping asshole, redneck, goatroapers with cowboy hats, when I was in high school. They tried their best to **** with me. I never let that happen. It's hard to teach an old dog like me a new trick, I suppose.

I confess it brings out the worst in me. I do prefer more civil conversations. But these whackos are going to get what they got coming when they step into my school yard.

Last edited:
Oh yes! Make no mistake. I know exactly how I'm coming off. It is always intentional and fully crafted to give exactly that impression.

But I do prefer more civil discourse. But the question was asked. And I answered.

I would have preferred to have given a more "peaches and cream," answer but I am now, as I have always been here, truthful in my opinions. And that is the truth how I see it.

But consider this. I do this because, well, do you remember the movie Rambo? With Sylvester Stallone? Remember that scene when he tells his ex-commander, "They drew first blood." That's kind of where I come from around here quite often, when confronting bullies on the school ground. Now, imagine this foum as a school ground. I came here many years ago, thousands upon thousands of posts ago. I get here with hoping for smiles and handshakes and then I meet these nasty, arrogant, vile and "rude," people (whom, I might add, were disproportional in number on the extreme right side of ideologies.) They swarm me with insults and name calling. To me, they were like schoolyard bullies. I'm the LAST kid on the school yard the bullies want to **** with. I was a hippy in a world full of Scoal dipping asshole, redneck, goatroapers with cowboy hats, when I was in high school. They tried their best to **** with me. I never let that happen. It's hard to teach an old dog like me a new trick, I suppose.

I confess it brings out the worst in me. I do prefer more civil conversations. But these whackos are going to get what they got coming when they step into my school yard.
I totally understand where you are coming from, but, unfortunately for your side, I am not the school bully, yanno, it may just be your side [check the mirror, maybe? ]...but I am not calling that, just calling you flat out wrong. And...

Just so we know when we next cross paths, nothing personal, but all's fair in war...and this will definitely not be LOVE, bubba [with bubba not meant in any derogatory sense, as I so know just how much you bubbas hate being saddled with the term "bubba"..and yes, you know who you are...] . Swing away, we got you beat morally and ethically, you only have the surface game.

Which, I will admit, you have played to the max... just the max is past now...so... shoo, 'go way.

Who originated the use of the term "teabagger" to mean someone with the Tea Party?

Fox News embraces “teabagger” label - Salon.com

Certain phrases in some parts of the country can mean derogatory things while that same phrase in another can be a term of endearment. Teabagger seems to fit appropriately. I think most tea party members probably find that term appealing. For me being from Georgia, the term redneck is appealing and even more so since Jeff Foxworthy came on the scene with his "You know you're a redneck," jokes. The term Massachusetts Liberal brings bad connotation to me and that would be the term I would use against someone from the northeast of has gone to the extreme far left that he is no long in left field but left the planet. Yet I would assume someone from the northeast who self describes himself as a liberal wouldn't be offended by that term. Want to win an statewide election down here, call your opponent a Ted Kennedy Liberal and viola, you won.

This is all your perception. If I am around a lot of right wingers (and I frequently am), I hear plenty of anti-gay and racist comments and plenty of other attacks that have nothing to do with just how wrong left wing policies are. On the other side, when I am around left wingers, as I often am professionally, what I hear, fairly exclusively is just how wrong right wing policies are. No personal attacks, no racist or anti-gay comments... at all.

Perhaps it's a function of location, who one spends time with, or perception. But in my experience, I've seen the exact opposite of what you've seen.

Yeah, sure.

Thanks for so completely proving my point for me.

Yeah, sure.

That's exactly what I thought when I read YOUR post. This is what I always enjoy about partisans. They never believe that their side does anything wrong even when it is shown to them.

Why are some people on the far right so rude to the liberals?

Any ideas on that?

Back
Top Bottom