• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Are Liberals So Rude to the Right?

Are you blind? I've given you two. Shall I keep searching?

I'm not going to go Easter Egg hunting for this guy. It's not like they are hidden in a corner.

But, as a courtesy, I will lend an assist.

Check the site. Find just about any poster who leans, "libertarian right," or has the word "Conservative" in their moniker. Then click on their post history. Have fun.

hyperpartisan hacks are rude because they genuinely detest the other side. however, claiming that this phenomenon is one sided is phenomenally incorrect. it's illustrated on this very site.

the moral of the story is that it's best to avoid being or or being around hyperpartisan hacks, because they are trying to fit everything into their narrow worldview and dislike anyone who might point that out.

Well spoken and very true. These hyperpartisan hacks believe they have the only legitimate point of view and everyone else is full of hog manure. I see it coming from both side here on DP. Some worse than others.

Those guys don't post HERE.

But I do. (Not sure why - OCD?). I have lost my temper a couple of times, but can you seriously claim that I am NOT a libertarian, or NOT, usually, polite enough?

I think both sides can be rude when pushed, but I must say that I find people on the left resort to personal name calling and personal insults far more readily than people on the right. I like to attack ideas and attack people in leadership on the left - I often get personal insults in return, called a racist, or on the receiving end of xenophobic outbursts. Perhaps it's just reflective of the leaders on the left and their style - the President, as an example, seldom argues about ideas without impuning the character and/or motives of those who disagree with him.

That's just me, however. I'm sure there are people on the left who've experienced similar attacks from someone on the right. I'm not sure the right here on DP has anyone quite like HOJ, as an example, but I could be wrong.

When you stand somewhere between the left and the right it is readily apparent that this is not a one way street.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to assume DebW might be the Chair of the DNC posting comments on The Guardian website, but go-ahead.

Sorry - I forgot that along with a knack for rudeness, the left is sorely lacking in the humour appreciation category.

hyperpartisan hacks are rude because they genuinely detest the other side. however, claiming that this phenomenon is one sided is phenomenally incorrect. it's illustrated on this very site.

the moral of the story is that it's best to avoid being or or being around hyperpartisan hacks, because they are trying to fit everything into their narrow worldview and dislike anyone who might point that out.

Exactly. Partisans are rude to the "other side", doesn't matter what they're conservatives or liberals.

And honestly, I can't imagine an intelligent, nonbiased person seriously thinking that the "other side" was ruder. That's insane.

But I do. (Not sure why - OCD?). I have lost my temper a couple of times, but can you seriously claim that I am NOT a libertarian, or NOT, usually, polite enough?

Can't say any of your posts come to mind. But I see you are relatively new here with less than 2500 posts.

I will pay closer attention. If you are truly a polite righty, I am very pleased to meet you. You are a rare bird, indeed.

Real Libertarians are great. It's the "Libertarians" who for some reason never deviate from the Republican Party's rhetoric.

Tell me about it. Forget "libertarian". Our 1901 application for the word "liberal" is still stuck on the backburner at the US Patent and Trademark Office!

Can't say any of your posts come to mind. But I see you are relatively new here with less than 2500 posts.

I will pay closer attention. If you are truly a polite righty, I am very pleased to meet you. You are a rare bird, indeed.

Oh, well, sometimes my politeness is just a poor camouflage for venomous (if not always intelligent) sarcasm. See, another admirable libertarian trait: brutal reflexive honesty :lol:

Tell me about it. Forget "libertarian". Our 1901 application for the word "liberal" is still stuck on the backburner at the US Patent and Trademark Office!

Before I became so jaded, many suggested I was of the "Libertarian" lean. I was pretty cool with that and somewhat agreed.

But, then, the "Libertarian Right" surfaced and they were like wingnuts on steroids and since, I take offense to being called a "Libertarian." They seem to be all over the board. Who knows where the hell they stand?

Just like, before the Tea Party evolved into the cluster**** of degenerates it is today, I was excited about the idea of a party of independents standing against the status quo. But now, as we all see how they turned out to be, I'd rather be a piano player in a whorehouse than a Tea Partier.

Oh, well, sometimes my politeness is just a poor camouflage for venomous (if not always intelligent) sarcasm. See, another admirable libertarian trait: brutal reflective honesty :lol:

I like that in a person, myself. ;)

The Left has passed many laws making it impossible for the Right to actually explain to them what we think about them. They do know in their hearts what we think about them and the ridicule we have for them and that secret knowlege results in their constant rage and hatred. Also, those on the Left seem to become extremely angry and bitter when we laugh at them and their ideas, which I shamefully admit, we do constantly.

Gee -- is it cowboys and Indians time AGAIN :doh

Sorry - I forgot that along with a knack for rudeness, the left is sorely lacking in the humour appreciation category.

I have a great appreciation for humour, when there's some around.

Asswipes are distributed along the bell curve just like anything else, and are in equal numbers in all persuasions, more or less. People just tend not to notice it as much from their own side.

Anyone who says it's "one-sided," from whichever side they mean, is either deluded or doesn't pay enough attention.

Just like, before the Tea Party evolved into the cluster**** of degenerates it is today.

It was mostly simulated evolution run by MSNBC, Fox News et al. The local organizations that called themselves tea parties back in 2009 are still largely dedicated to fiscal conservatism and constitutional freedoms, still eschew "social issues" to keep themselves from falling apart, and still have nothing to do with various bachmanns eager to exploit their momentum. (But everything to do with re-electing Christie in NJ, for example)

. I'd rather be a piano player in a whorehouse

Hey, it's all about what you play and how well you play - not where you play. ;)

Asswipes are distributed along the bell curve just like anything else, and are in equal numbers in all persuasions, more or less. People just tend not to notice it as much from their own side.

Anyone who says it's "one-sided," from whichever side they mean, is either deluded or doesn't pay enough attention.

No, I'm pretty sure you don't hear conservatives insulting liberals and calling them names personally in public in the way the article cited by the OP describes. Yes, I think it is one sided, but I'd love to see counter examples.

Now I realize counter examples are not going to be found on DP, because such personal attacks are not allowed here. I'm talking about other examples.

I"m not going to try and argue who is more insulting, but as far as inflammatory terms like racists and bigots and (my favorite) EVIL. Not to mention they love to use the term "tea bagger" and grade school crap like that. Stuff like that does come more from the left without question.

I think there is rudeness on and from both sides. But both sides underestimate or justify their rudeness, and exagerate the faults of the other. Liberals tend to genuinely think conservatives are stupid (which, as a class, they are not) and conservatives tend to think that liberals genuinely have no common sense and personal responsibility (neither of which is true of liberals as a class, either). What's more, both sides think their criticism of the other is just obviously true, and so stating that criticism doesn't require judgment. It's like stating a plain fact, which can sometimes be inappropriate, but isn't rude in the way that stating a judgment can be.

Back
Top Bottom