• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Are Liberals So Rude to the Right?

In the Guardian, oddly enough:

Why are liberals so rude to the right? | Leften Wright | Comment is free | theguardian.com

I think it just comes down to a person's character.

Just scroll down to the comments below that anonymous article:
DebW said, "Look; political discussion gets heated. I have friends of all political persuasions and we are polite to one another but when I go online to American sites I get called a Communist, a Libtard , a freeloader, told that all Liberals are stupid and dirty ; oh and anti American."

Dicks swing both ways.

If anything, it's either payback or frustration.

The right has cornered the market on rudeness and condescending arrogance.

If anything, it's just their chickens coming home to roost.

Call it karma. :mrgreen:

hyperpartisan hacks are rude because they genuinely detest the other side. however, claiming that this phenomenon is one sided is phenomenally incorrect. it's illustrated on this very site.

the moral of the story is that it's best to avoid being or or being around hyperpartisan hacks, because they are trying to fit everything into their narrow worldview and dislike anyone who might point that out.

It's a sense of superiority to, and utter contempt for, the other side. Either side, and both sides; the extreme and ideologues are the perpetrators, which we see here every day.

If anything, it's either payback or frustration.

The right has cornered the market on rudeness and condescending arrogance.

If anything, it's just their chickens coming home to roost.

Call it karma. :mrgreen:

I'd like to see some examples of such rudeness from the right, if you please.

It's a sense of superiority to, and utter contempt for, the other side. Either side, and both sides; the extreme and ideologues are the perpetrators, which we see here every day.

With a heavy imbalance from the right. Especially the Libertarian right or those who like to proudly flaunt their "conservative" credentials. They can't seem to hold a simple conversation without demonizing Obamabots, Libtards, Commies, DemocRATS, etc...

When I read the thread title, I thought the creator of the thread might be on bath salts. I was, like, "You GOT to be kidding me!"

Last edited:

Clink on a thread link. Just about any of them will do. It shouldn't take long to find what you are looking for.

Those ********ing, faggot, bastard, pedophile Obama supporters

Everybody knows all they want to do is pass out candy and fondle children. Sick bastards.

Don't worry, I didn't use the 3 banned words and didn't address any poster directly, so it's all good

This post made possible by CaptainCourtesy

Will that do?

As much as I'd love to claim some moral superiority here, I don't think the right is particularly better here. Politics tends to bring out this behavior in people from all sides. It's a pretty big problem and one of the biggest reasons both sides have trouble working together.

With a heavy imbalance from the right. Especially the Libertarian right

Give me one example of Gary Johnson, or Bill Weld, or Robert Nozick, or anyone of any significance who could be credibly described as "the libertarian right" behaving in a churlish manner.

I actually have no idea why we libertarians are such perfect gentlemen (and gentlewomen). We just are. ;)

With a heavy imbalance from the right. Especially the Libertarian right or those proudly flaunt their "conservative" credentials. They can't seem to hold a simple conversation without demonizing Obamabots, Libtards, Commies, DemocRATS, etc...

When I read the thread title, I thought the creator of the thread might be on bath salts. I was, like, "You GOT to be kidding me!"

:lamo

As much as I'd love to claim some moral superiority here, I don't think the right is particularly better here. Politics tends to bring out this behavior in people from all sides. It's a pretty big problem and one of the biggest reasons both sides have trouble working together.

I remember when it all started. Back during the Clinton/Gengrich/Starr witch hunt era.

Up until then, most folks kept their politics between themselves and the voting booth. Gingrich opened the Pandora's box and with the help of a few, biased, 24/7 cable news and internet outlets, it has grown to what it is today. It doesn't look like the box will be closing anytime soon.

With a heavy imbalance from the right. Especially the Libertarian right or those proudly flaunt their "conservative" credentials. They can't seem to hold a simple conversation without demonizing Obamabots, Libtards, Commies, DemocRATS, etc...

There's not a heavy imbalance on either side. On this site for instance you can almost perfectly match every hyper partisan hack on one side with one on the other.

Just scroll down to the comments below that anonymous article:

Dicks swing both ways.

You quote "DebW"? Is that the infamous curly carrot topped Debbie Wasserman-Schultz? If so, all the names she claims to be called are pretty much accurate, from my perspective.

Give me one example of Gary Johnson, or Bill Weld, or Robert Nozick, or anyone of any significance who could be credibly described as "the libertarian right" behaving in a churlish manner.

I actually have no idea why we libertarians are such perfect gentlemen (and gentlewomen). We just are. ;)

Those guys don't post HERE.

So let's see some concrete examples.

Real Libertarians are great. It's the "Libertarians" who for some reason never deviate from the Republican Party's rhetoric.

You quote "DebW"? Is that the infamous curly carrot topped Debbie Wasserman-Schultz? If so, all the names she claims to be called are pretty much accurate, from my perspective.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to assume DebW might be the Chair of the DNC posting comments on The Guardian website, but go-ahead.

Back
Top Bottom