• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Are Liberals So Rude to the Right?

If anything, it's either payback or frustration.

The right has cornered the market on rudeness and condescending arrogance.

If anything, it's just their chickens coming home to roost.

Call it karma. :mrgreen:

we aren't dependent on you all, the left is dependent on us. we should be ruder to the parasites:mrgreen:

So let's see some concrete examples.

Here's one

Well, let's see:

Are liberals authoritarian? Darn right they are.

Are liberals elitist? Darn right they are. Or at least a significant number of them.

Are liberals libertine? Only to the extent that they want to tear down all morality and do whatever the hell they please and call it "progress". In other words, of course they are.

Are liberals anti-human environmentalists? But I repeat myself. I can't believe anyone would bother to deny this.

And as for totally "consumed by identity politics and envy of anyone who has any wealth or power", come on now, that's almost by definition. Identity politics and blather about "social justice", i.e. envy. That's all liberalism is any more.

Here's another

I deal with both. IT would have cost me as well. Liberals always want something for nothing, is it self medication? low brain activity? or just no damn idea what it takes to progress??

Last edited:
I think both sides can be rude when pushed, but I must say that I find people on the left resort to personal name calling and personal insults far more readily than people on the right.

And I'd say that's sheer nonsense.

The Left has passed many laws making it impossible for the Right to actually explain to them what we think about them. They do know in their hearts what we think about them and the ridicule we have for them and that secret knowlege results in their constant rage and hatred. Also, those on the Left seem to become extremely angry and bitter when we laugh at them and their ideas, which I shamefully admit, we do constantly.

Name one.

No, I'm pretty sure you don't hear conservatives insulting liberals and calling them names personally in public in the way the article cited by the OP describes. Yes, I think it is one sided, but I'd love to see counter examples.

Now I realize counter examples are not going to be found on DP, because such personal attacks are not allowed here. I'm talking about other examples.

Here you go:

Erick Erickson - RationalWiki

Anyone else remember when Ann Coulter called John Edwards a faggot?

The GOP lost the October shutdown and are willing to take the Country to the next level of low and sabotage..
It will never end with them, period .

rightist GOP Congresspeople NEVER walk back the comments from these TEAturds .

Your opinion of my opinion is duly noted and filed accordingly.

Probably in the circular file.

Dude, I've been on more internet forums and other platforms that I can count. Any notion that "liberals" (move goalposts at your will) are "meaner" than "conservatives" is baloney. Assholes exists on both sides, and I have been subject to venom the likes of which you've never seen here, since this is a well-moderated forum and I have been on ones that are decidedly NOT. I'll happily provide you a link to a forum where "liberals" are routinely flamed to hell and back, if you'd like. I won't give the forum the traffic by linking it here, so PM me if you want it. Wehrwolven hangs out there trouble-free, if that's any indication.

:lamo

This might be the funniest damn thread I've seen in ages. Who is more rude???? You've got to be kidding me?

Examples????

Ah-hahahahahahahahahaaaaa......... :lamo:lamo

To suggest one side is "better" than the other, or that one side has "more class", "higher scruples", "more intelligence", or even the "best intentions of the country" compared to the other is so preposterously ignorant and blind it's beyond reason.

Both parties have stooped so low, on every imaginable level of conduct that pointing fingers at each other has become futile and childish.

Honestly, anyone who claims "the other people are worse" really needs to purchase a damn mirror.

Ignorance truly must be bliss. :lamo

I see it here. I've been here what, a month or so, and I've been basically pigeonholed as a welfare case (which I am not) for espousing what are considered "liberal" viewpoints. That's not "rude" to assume I'm a jobless layabout because I don't buy into GOP rhetoric?

:lamo

This might be the funniest damn thread I've seen in ages. Who is more rude???? You've got to be kidding me?

Examples????

Ah-hahahahahahahahahaaaaa......... :lamo:lamo

To suggest one side is "better" than the other, or that one side has "more class", "higher scruples", "more intelligence", or even the "best intentions of the country" compared to the other is so preposterously ignorant and blind it's beyond reason.

Both parties have stooped so low, on every imaginable level of conduct that pointing fingers at each other has become futile and childish.

Honestly, anyone who claims "the other people are worse" really needs to purchase a damn mirror.

Ignorance truly must be bliss. :lamo

Amen. I find the idea that either "side" or party has exclusive province over any tactic, level of vitriol or other rhetorical nonsense to be petty garbage that deserves nothing more than scorn.

There are conservative assholes, there are liberal assholes. There are Republican assholes, there are Democratic assholes. There are white assholes, black assholes, Asian assholes ... assholes exist in all stripes, colors, creeds, nationalities, fandoms, and any other compartment we can stuff people into. For someone to make a thread saying "Why is X group so mean? We're not like that!" is the height of "look at me" idiocy.

One might as well ask "Why are Star Wars fans SO rude to Star Trek fans?" **** you.

Flush this garbage to where it belongs.

Amen. I find the idea that either "side" or party has exclusive province over any tactic, level of vitriol or other rhetorical nonsense to be petty garbage that deserves nothing more than scorn.
I find it also pretty funny that threads like this assume there are only two sides to anything, that the only forces that exist are liberal or conservative. I would appear that there are some posters here who would find it a shock to discover that there are plenty of people who are neither. Some of them are assholes too.

I think both sides can be rude when pushed, but I must say that I find people on the left resort to personal name calling and personal insults far more readily than people on the right. I like to attack ideas and attack people in leadership on the left - I often get personal insults in return, called a racist, or on the receiving end of xenophobic outbursts. Perhaps it's just reflective of the leaders on the left and their style - the President, as an example, seldom argues about ideas without impuning the character and/or motives of those who disagree with him.

That's just me, however. I'm sure there are people on the left who've experienced similar attacks from someone on the right. I'm not sure the right here on DP has anyone quite like HOJ, as an example, but I could be wrong.
I was in training, but the water wings got holes in them, the training wheels came off, and I was booted out of the program.

Here you go:

Erick Erickson - RationalWiki

"Rational" Wiki. Yeah, that would be part of the problem all right. The article is an extended, snarling slam directed at a specific conservative. Is that what you wanted to point out?

"Rational" Wiki. Yeah, that would be part of the problem all right. The article is an extended, snarling slam directed at a specific conservative. Is that what you wanted to point out?

You bet it is. Care to challenge the veracity of the quotes, or are we going to do the Tango Of The Source?

You do realize RW is a WIKI and therefore all those little numbers at the end of the quotes (especially the "goat ****ing child molester" one for Justice Souter, I thought that one was especially high-class) lead to the original sources of the quotes?

Probably in the circular file.

Dude, I've been on more internet forums and other platforms that I can count. Any notion that "liberals" (move goalposts at your will) are "meaner" than "conservatives" is baloney. Assholes exists on both sides, and I have been subject to venom the likes of which you've never seen here, since this is a well-moderated forum and I have been on ones that are decidedly NOT. I'll happily provide you a link to a forum where "liberals" are routinely flamed to hell and back, if you'd like. I won't give the forum the traffic by linking it here, so PM me if you want it. Wehrwolven hangs out there trouble-free, if that's any indication.

I'm not talking about the extremes - I'm talking about the average, everyday, liberal commenter/debater. I appreciate that the extremes are, um, extreme. What I find, however, is that those who dislike a comment I make about an issue or can't find the means to counter the argument, often resort to xenophobic slurs or charges of racism and the like. Perhaps it's just me, but never when a conservative disagrees with me do they resort to personal insults.

As examples, any argument I make against Obama is almost inevitably countered with claims that I just don't like the color of his skin. If I comment about Obamacare, inevitably someone on the left will tell me to mind my own business, stay in Canada, enjoy my "free" healthcare, or some other personal slag that has nothing to do with the issue being discussed. I've come to expect it, however, since the leader of their "movement" in America, the President of the United States, hasn't the intellectual capacity or the honesty to argue the issues and he continuously resorts to demonizing those who oppose his commands. They see a fawning media cheering him on and have come to accept that demonizing the opposition is a legitimate form of debate whereas it's just lazy ignorance, in my view.

No, I'm pretty sure you don't hear conservatives insulting liberals and calling them names personally in public in the way the article cited by the OP describes. Yes, I think it is one sided, but I'd love to see counter examples.

Now I realize counter examples are not going to be found on DP, because such personal attacks are not allowed here. I'm talking about other examples.

Technically it wasn't "name calling," but who was it that Dick Cheney told to f off? Yeah, that's classy.

I'm not talking about the extremes - I'm talking about the average, everyday, liberal commenter/debater. I appreciate that the extremes are, um, extreme. What I find, however, is that those who dislike a comment I make about an issue or can't find the means to counter the argument, often resort to xenophobic slurs or charges of racism and the like. Perhaps it's just me, but never when a conservative disagrees with me do they resort to personal insults.

As examples, any argument I make against Obama is almost inevitably countered with claims that I just don't like the color of his skin. If I comment about Obamacare, inevitably someone on the left will tell me to mind my own business, stay in Canada, enjoy my "free" healthcare, or some other personal slag that has nothing to do with the issue being discussed. I've come to expect it, however, since the leader of their "movement" in America, the President of the United States, hasn't the intellectual capacity or the honesty to argue the issues and he continuously resorts to demonizing those who oppose his commands. They see a fawning media cheering him on and have come to accept that demonizing the opposition is a legitimate form of debate whereas it's just lazy ignorance, in my view.

That's fair enough; however, here and elsewhere, I've seen "liberal" European or Canadian posters being told to mind their own damn bidness when it comes to U.S. foreign policy. It certainly is a lazy way of debating; however, I simply object to the notion that it only comes from one side.

My POV is definitely influenced by other forums and platforms; I haven't been here long enough to pigeonhole my take on everything from this forum alone (not saying you are, just, yanno, saying).

You're going to get agreement from self-identified "conservatives" and static from self-identified "liberals." That's tribalism, and it's brutal on both sides. That's why I choose to eschew DP's "lean" system. I want my words and positions to stand on their own, not to be subjected to some predetermined filter before they're digested. I've self-identified here as both "liberal" and "liberatarian-left," until I was grilled about how the second wasn't possible, which I think is horse****, but whatevs.

Labels always lead people in the wrong direction.

For what it's worth, you strike me as an intelligent person and I don't care what your "lean" is, you're good in my book. Plus, I'm a huge hockey fan and I live close enough to Canada to basically make me an honorary one of your people. I can sing your national anthem. It's about the only damn song I can sing and sound OK doing it.

Last edited:
I"m not going to try and argue who is more insulting, but as far as inflammatory terms like racists and bigots and (my favorite) EVIL. Not to mention they love to use the term "tea bagger" and grade school crap like that. Stuff like that does come more from the left without question.

The term "tea bagger" originated with the TPers themselves before they realized what it meant. Liberals continued to use it because, well...it's fun.

It's because you're a Canadian redneck. A Cannuckneck.

Perhaps it's just me, but never when a conservative disagrees with me do they resort to personal insults.

It is just you. I've had my sexuality called into question (by the same people who complain when "the left" does it to them), been told I should stop sucking off the government teat, and told that I couldn't possibly be useful to society.

It is just you. I've had my sexuality called into question (by the same people who complain when "the left" does it to them), been told I should stop sucking off the government teat, and told that I couldn't possibly be useful to society.

Damn you moderates. Just damn you!

It's because you're a Canadian redneck. A Cannuckneck.

"Canuckneck!" I like that! I don't know what CJ may think, but I suspect he'll like it, too! Badge of honor kind of thing... :mrgreen:

Good morning, humbolt. :2wave:

Back
Top Bottom