• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are Latinx individuals gravitating to the GOP?!

AtlantaAdonis

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Hugely disappointing. I've said it before, but white progressives need to do the ground work in communities of color to make sure that they understand the stakes and are aware of the socially-regressive politics of the GOP. Communities of color can be especially vulnerable to propaganda and those narrative must be countered.

Maybe because they know what happens when shitheads turn their country into a commie rat shithole. Maybe because they dont figure it all that good of an idea to turn the country you are running TO into the shithole you are running FROM.

Last edited:
Maybe because they know what happens when shiutheads turn their country into a commie rat shithole. Maybe because they dont figure it all that good of an idea to turn the country you are running TO into the shithole you are running FROM.
Who said anything about a commie shithole? That sounds like Russia.

Maybe because they know what happens when shiutheads turn their country into a commie rat shithole. Maybe because they dont figure it all that good of an idea to turn the country you are running TO into the shithole you are running FROM.
You're stuck. Somebody call a tow truck (maybe a dump truck would be better.)

Hugely disappointing. I've said it before, but white progressives need to do the ground work in communities of color to make sure that they understand the stakes and are aware of the socially-regressive politics of the GOP. Communities of color can be especially vulnerable to propaganda and those narrative must be countered.
A large percentage of them are devout Christians with conservative values, especially the poorer ones in more rural areas who are more likely to immigrate to the US. There are more Christians in the GOP than there are in the Democratic Party.

This is one of the vulnerabilities of the 21st century GOP that Democrats ought to take advantage of. The more it swings towards nationalism, racism, and isolationism, the more Latinx votes its going to lose.

Yes, just as Republicans targeted low-population states as giving them the best bang for their propaganda buck, with cheap media and overrepresentation in the Senate and electoral votes, they seem to have identified Hispanic Americans as a target audience to pander to and recruit, looking for wedge issues to pull them away from Democrats.

Maybe because they know what happens when shitheads turn their country into a commie rat shithole. Maybe because they dont figure it all that good of an idea to turn the country you are running TO into the shithole you are running FROM.
Sounds like India and their cult.

What a disgustingly racist post.

The Brits turned India into a ****hole.

A large percentage of them are devout Christians with conservative values, especially the poorer ones in more rural areas who are more likely to immigrate to the US. There are more Christians in the GOP than there are in the Democratic Party.

This is one of the vulnerabilities of the 21st century GOP that Democrats ought to take advantage of. The more it swings towards nationalism, racism, and isolationism, the more Latinx votes its going to lose.
Exactly but not only poorer. I live in a middle class neighborhood and we have a very large Central American community where I live. A huge number of them are hardworking homeowners who are devout - based on the number of Spanish language churches and masses there are - and many are conservative.

My wife’s mother’s family emigrated here from Colombia - having settled there from Spain in the 1800s. To a person they are all Republican - except my wife who saw the light and is now a libertarian leaning independent like me.

Reactions: lwf

Perhaps what you really mean is , why are we letting in all these immigrants, if they are not going to
vote they way we want them to?

Perhaps if liberals didn't call minorities stupid, as you are doing in your post, they'd be more willing to support your politics?

Short answer: Pope.

1. Latinos are sick of the Dems and their cultural war
2. Inflation.
3. Religious reasons: Latinos are Christian, against abortion.
4. Dem idiots like Biden and Sanders wanting to either cozy up or compliment Cuba's dictatorship

Why are "communities of color" "especially vulnerable to propaganda"?

I was considering that reaction, but I wanted to hear your explanation first.

Says the person who made a thread effectively saying that white people need to explain to minorities that the GOP is evil since they're too stupid to know fact from fiction. FYI, "commie" isn't a race. But your post was all about race and was denigrating to people of color.

Well, maybe some Latinx are turning to the Republicans because they feel that the Dems are not paying enough attention to the cultural values of their community.

Well, maybe some Latinx are turning to the Republicans because they feel that the Dems are not paying enough attention to the cultural values of their community.
So you're saying "whitesplaining" isn't a good approach? Perhaps the @AtlantaAdonis should rethink their priorities.

People are tired of the democrats extreme social and political policies. The democrats are their own worst enemies.

Latinx LOL 😂
Latinx is used by white people trying to look woke in front of other white people. Latinx is largely seen as offensive and annoying to Latinos... much like @AtlantaAdonis saying "Latinx individuals" need white people to tell them what they're supposed to think. This has to be a parody thread. Nobody can really be this obtuse, can they?

The Brits turned India into a ****hole.
How did the Brits turn the Ganges into something that makes Love Canal or the Hudson River look pristine?
How did the Brits crap up India's healthcare system, that resulted in more dead from COVID in one day, breaking America's 1 day record.

Yes, just as Republicans targeted low-population states as giving them the best bang for their propaganda buck, with cheap media and overrepresentation in the Senate and electoral votes, they seem to have identified Hispanic Americans as a target audience to pander to and recruit, looking for wedge issues to pull them away from Democrats.
Define "wedge issues." I'm pretty sure you mean "social issues" that they disagree with Democrats on. This is what politicians do.. they talk about things that matter to their constituents to gain their support. Talking down to them doesn't help the issue, that only makes the problem worse for you. Democrats are also pandering to Latinos. Heck, in the last debates it was a contest to see who could speak more Spanish. The problem is that the message Democrats have is not a strong one.

You should immediately begin a LatinX outreach program. In fact you should rent a panel van that says “LatinX outreach” on the side, and go park it in Rialto or East LA or the Rio Grande valley and get out and find a random LatinX family, which you can typically find at any park with installed charcoal grills on summer Sunday afternoons and go “hey I’m here to talk to you vulnerable LatinX people”

I wish you great success

Back
Top Bottom