• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are guns so important to Americans?

The 'assault weapons' fire the same round as the related M700 and are just as accurate -- so, why not?

Well I would rather have a rifle designed specifically for hunting when hunting.

Well I would rather have a rifle designed specifically for hunting when hunting.
You say that as if my M1A/AR15 isnt just as capable as any of those rifles.
Why do you think that?

You say that as if my M1A/AR15 isnt just as capable as any of those rifles.
Why do you think that?

I said I would rather have a rifle specifically designed for hunting when hunting like I would use a grapefruit spoon to eat grapefruit not icecream.

It's the same round, the same accuracy, so the only tangible differences are a few ergonomic features and perhaps personal taste in appearance....so...why not?
Its that damn magazine! It holds 20/30 rounds!
(Except, of course, the ones that I have that hold 1 or 2 or 5 or 10}
Because, you know, if you have a 20-rd magazine, you HAVE to empty it at the target.

Because, you know, if you have a 20-rd magazine, you HAVE to empty it at the target.

HELL YEAH it tenderizes the meat:lol:

Only 30?
AR-15 Ammo & Magazine Weights

010406-023.jpg

If you want to hunt with an AR-15 go for it. I really don't see the reason why when there are rifles specifically designed around hunting.
And I dont see the reason why anyone would ever think that you can not or should not hunt with one.

If you want to hunt with an AR-15 go for it. I really don't see the reason why when there are rifles specifically designed around hunting.

The AR15 is like an all-around rifle. You can use it for many different things instead of only a single specialty purpose.

And I dont see the reason why anyone would ever think that you can not or should not hunt with one.

I guess for ****s and giggles one might hunt with an AR-15 but if I'm going to go hunting I'm going to use a rifle specifically designed for that purpose. Just like I would use a phillips head screw driver on a phillips head screw instead of a flat head screw driver.

BTW I do think one has the right to hunt own an AR15.

The AR15 is like an all-around rifle. You can use it for many different things instead of only a single specialty purpose.

I guess after the apocalypse that might make sense in the mean time I'll use a rifle designed for hunting.

I guess for ****s and giggles one might hunt with an AR-15 but if I'm going to go hunting I'm going to use a rifle specifically designed for that purpose. Just like I would use a phillips head screw driver on a phillips head screw instead of a flat head screw driver.

BTW I do think one has the right to hunt own an AR15.

I have a screwdriver with detachable bits just for that reason.

The AR15 is much the same way in it's ability to be customized.

I guess after the apocalypse that might make sense in the mean time I'll use a rifle designed for hunting.

You might be a reservist on a budget.

You got a weapon resembling your issued weapon so you could stay sharp, and you like to hunt, but you can't afford 2 rifles because, again, you're a reservist.

You might be a reservist on a budget.

You got a weapon resembling your issued weapon so you could stay sharp, and you like to hunt, but you can't afford 2 rifles because, again, you're a reservist.

Okay that would be a pretty good reason. I really don't see how one could afford to hunt in that scenario though deer leases cost money.

I guess for ****s and giggles one might hunt with an AR-15 but if I'm going to go hunting I'm going to use a rifle specifically designed for that purpose. Just like I would use a phillips head screw driver on a phillips head screw instead of a flat head screw driver
What gives a 'hunting rifle' that degree of an advantage over my AR15/M1A?

What gives a 'hunting rifle' that degree of an advantage over my AR15/M1A?

What you don't know? You're not expert? I'm just saying for hunting I'm going to buy hunting rifle. Like when dove hunting I'm going to buy a shotgun and not a rifle.

What you don't know? You're not expert?
So... you cannot describe how a hunting rifles gives you that degree of advantage over my M1A/AR-15?

How then do you know your claim is accurate?

So... you cannot describe how a hunting rifles gives you that degree of advantage over my M1A/AR-15?

How then do you know your claim is accurate?

So what is the advantage of using an AR-15 over a M700 designed with hunting in mind?

So what is the advantage of using an AR-15 over a M700 designed with hunting in mind?
I've never claimed there is one. I've only claimed that the AR15/M1A are just as effective as the M700, as they are as accurate (in my case, probably more so) and fire the same rounds -- in fact, the AR15 might be -better- than the M700 as it can accurately fire the heavier .224" bullets.

So, again, describe how a hunting rifle gives you that degree of advantage over my M1A/AR-15.

Back
Top Bottom