• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Are Dems So Sycophantic Towards Obama?

Drake McHugh

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Just curious. I mean he is not popular. His signature policy "achievement"is quite unpopular. Yet Dems in congress,even from red states,vote lockstep for anything he wants. Likewise on this forum. The level of fealty to him on here by some borders on that shown towards a monarch,not an elected leader.

Just curious. I mean he is not popular. His signature policy "achievement"is quite unpopular. Yet Dems in congress,even from red states,vote lockstep for anything he wants. Likewise on this forum. The level of fealty to him on here by some borders on that shown towards a monarch,not an elected leader.

Libs stand by their man and follow him over a cliff like lemmings, it's just who and what they are.

Obamaphobia made you ask the stupid question in the OP.

The answer is Democrats aren't, but in teapartybizarroworld, normal behavior toward a successful president is sycophancy (though I bet most tea partiers had to look the word up)

Most representatives attempt to support leaders from their own side of the aisle to garner favor with their voting base and party leadership. This isn't exactly rocket science, nor is the support from Obama's own party in any way remarkable when compared to previous administrations.

Since the Republicans don't have any coherent solutions to real problems such as the economy and healthcare and seem totally incapable of governing, what other choice is there?

Since the Republicans don't have any coherent solutions to real problems such as the economy and healthcare and seem totally incapable of governing, what other choice is there?

your idea of governing is dictatorship. you want the government to be the solution to everything and you want to give them all the control and power for them to do so. you want to be sheep

I vote for Democrats nearly all the time due lack of a better alternative, but I don't consider myself a true Democrat because I think they are too centrist and beholden to corporate interests.

However, I, and many other liberals, have criticized Obama for the expansion of surveillance, for the use of drones and assassinations, for continuing the wars too long, for not working harder to close Guantanamo, for an overly compromised health care bill, and many other issues. I am not convinced that the Benghazi and IRS "scandals" are genuine, because the Republicans have no credibility.

Until we can make them stop rigging our election system so that a vote for a third party is essentially thrown away, I'll probably continue voting for Dems as the lesser evil.

your idea of governing is dictatorship. you want the government to be the solution to everything and you want to give them all the control and power for them to do so. you want to be sheep
I don't recall giving you the right to speak for me or tell me what I think or want. Only a little tyrant would presume to do that.

I don't recall giving you the right to speak for me or tell me what I think or want. Only a little tyrant would presume to do that.

It is called the first amendment i have the right to speak to who ever I want and how ever i want as long as i don't violate the rules and if you don't want to hear it there is this little thing called ignore use it

It is called the first amendment i have the right to speak to who ever I want and how ever i want as long as i don't violate the rules and if you don't want to hear it there is this little thing called ignore use it
Wow, you and Al Sharpton have a lot in common...

Reverend Sharpton, unlike defendants Mason and Maddox, had consistently taken the position that in a constitutional case with first amendment issues, he had no burden of proof and intended to call no witnesses. The Court honored this position and so charged at the conclusion of the liability phase of the trial....<snip>....

In determining the amount of punitive damages, the Court could well award a very high amount in the hope that such award would assure that never again will individual citizens and the people of the State of New York be subjected to such false claims....

Pagones v. Maddox et. al.

HEAR YE, HEAR YE, LET IT BE KNOWN THAT FROM THIS POST FORWARD THE DP POSTER, TRFJR DOES NOT SPEAK OR THINK FOR ME. hummuna hummuna ahhhhhmen.

I love it when conservatives post pretend OPs.

Think for themselves???

The answer is Democrats aren't, but in teapartybizarroworld, normal behavior toward a successful president is sycophancy (though I bet most tea partiers had to look the word up)
this thread is not about the tea party. Its about the fact that the left is the party of collective thought and sheep like group think. Obama is a successful president? LOL that's hilarious

His "crowning achievement" is Obama care which is turning out to be a grand case of screw the pooch

Hyperbole aside in the OP, its not just Obama. People tend to act the same way with the head honchos in their party.

Are You a Partyer or a Partier?

>"No matter what you think of the tea party movement, you have to credit this group with raising one of the most profound questions of our time — whether to describe one who parties as a "partyer" or a "partier."

Before we answer this question, it's worth noting that the tea party itself is a political party named for a social party. That is, it's named for a mass demonstration (the dumping of tea into Boston Harbor), an event that decades later was dubbed, with jovial understatement, "a tea party."

Now back to "partyer" and "partier." The standard rule when creating a noun to indicate the person or thing performing an action is simply to add "-er" to the verb, as in "do — doer," "run — runner" and "teach — teacher." When the verb ends in "y," the "y" is usually changed to "i" before adding the "-er"; hence, "cry — crier," "worry — worrier," "copy — copier."

But in rare cases, we do form the noun by adding "-er" alone to the verb ending in "y." Sometimes it's because the resulting "-ier" word might be mistaken for an adjective. Using "dryer" for the household appliance, for instance, avoids confusion with the adjective "drier."

In other cases, we add "-er" alone because the resulting "-ier" word might be perceived as a one-syllable word.

"Flier," for instance, might be seen as a word pronounced "fleer," so we sometimes use the variant spelling "flyer." The Wright Brothers, for instance, called their first airplane "The Flyer," not "The Flier."..."<
continue-> Are You a Partyer or a Partier? by Rob Kyff on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

So you are saying that democrats, under the leadership of Obama, Reid and Pelosi solved the real problems such as the economy and healthcare and seem totally capable of governing? The economy is in a shambles with no real light at the end of the tunnel, Obamacare is something that the majority do not want foisted upon us, never did and it is a massive train wreck waiting to happen as we can see the missing bridges ahead, despite all Obama's and others railing in support of this monstrosity and with a 3000 page bill and 10 thousand regulations quickly trying to paper over those gaps... Obamacare could easily be interpreted as a means to take this country down to its knees, either as a planned strategy or, somehow, by pure accident of shallow good intentions. Either way, surely you know it has so many disjointed moving parts that it cannot work. Even Rube Goldberg could not put all this together into a comical working contraption.

The constant refrain by the 0 that it was like that when he got there, that GWB did it, has grown stale. The idea that the last administration, now being the Obama Administration, left this to the current Administration, also an Obama Administration, must be admitted finally. We are far more in deficit and debt, far less liked/respected by friend and foe around the world, we are far more racially divided than in all the last five or six administrations put together. The loss of our progress in this area itself is appalling.

Then you add the Libyan War, the massive leaks of information relating to how our government is keeping a "blind eye" on everyone, just in case, the lies in Benghazi, the IRS/FEC scandals, Fast and Furious, the continuous high end vacations, the "I know better than you what to eat, what to drive, how you should live your life" ... that kind of governing? I understand to a certain degree and do not mind you folks following Obama so sycophantically, just do not know why you would expect the rest of us thinking folks to have to do so.

By signature policy, I assume you are referring to Obamacare. its not as unpopular as you think. And just think how less 'unpopular' it would be if

A republicans didn't constantly lie about it (death panels, costs, etc)
B republicans worked with dems to make it better. They did have their own version of HC reform that cost more and covered fewer people. so it wasn't like they were against the idea. And the mandate was their idea. So help me understand why republicans are against in "lockstep"

and your "lockstep" statement is just pure fantasy as well as hypocritical. someone has posted some examples of dems not being in "lockstep" with the president. To me "lockstep" is when the right puts out a lie and cons all obediently accept it as fact even after it is proven false.

Last edited:
I love it when conservatives post pretend OPs.

By signature policy, I assume you are referring to Obamacare. its not as unpopular as you think. And just think how less 'unpopular' it would be if

A republicans didn't constantly lie about it (death panels, costs, etc)
B republicans worked with dems to make it better. They did have their own version of HC reform that cost more and covered fewer people. so it wasn't like they were against the idea. And the mandate was their idea. So help me understand why republicans are against in "lockstep"

and your "lockstep" statement is just pure fantasy as well as hypocritical. someone has posted some examples of dems not being in "lockstep" with the president. To me "lockstep" is when the right puts out a lie and cons all obediently accept it as fact even after it is proven false.

You do realize that with every single post you write, you only validate the OP even more, right?

To the OP...that phenomenon does not relate solely to democrats. Many republicans are mindless partisan hacks as well.

To Moot...you are standing in a rowboat, the skipper of your little rowboat is chopping a hole in the already leaking floor...and your continued defense is "well...the other guy? He was a bad skipper too!" What 'choice' do you have? Stop blindly supporting parties. There are actual viable third parties out there. Vote independent. Speak out. As long as you and people like you (and you can see who you are in company with) continue your blind support of ALL of those ****ing morons based solely on your personally adopted political ideology, you are just as responsible as they are for the continued downward direction of the country. Why SHOULD they change? After all...they know they have you and people like you forever in their pocket.

To the OP...that phenomenon does not relate solely to democrats. Many republicans are mindless partisan hacks as well.

To Moot...you are standing in a rowboat, the skipper of your little rowboat is chopping a hole in the already leaking floor...and your continued defense is "well...the other guy? He was a bad skipper too!" What 'choice' do you have? Stop blindly supporting parties. There are actual viable third parties out there. Vote independent. Speak out. As long as you and people like you (and you can see who you are in company with) continue your blind support of ALL of those ****ing morons based solely on your personally adopted political ideology, you are just as responsible as they are for the continued downward direction of the country. Why SHOULD they change? After all...they know they have you and people like you forever in their pocket.

It's hysterical when partisan hacks tell other people that they're blindly supporting a party that they themselves venomously oppose and blindly disagree with.

It's hysterical when partisan hacks tell other people that they're blindly supporting a party that they themselves venomously oppose and blindly disagree with.

blindly following leaders tends to be a left wing proclivity since left-wingers crave collectivist action

Don't be a hypocrite, If a republican was in office you would do the same thing.

So you are saying that democrats, under the leadership of Obama, Reid and Pelosi solved the real problems such as the economy and healthcare and seem totally capable of governing?
They stopped the economy from sinking into another great depression and passed one of the biggest major reforms this country has seen since FDR. I'd say they solved some real problems...or at least prevented them from getting worse. What have Republicans done?

The economy is in a shambles with no real light at the end of the tunnel,
You have the tea party Republicans to thank for that.

Obamacare is something that the majority do not want foisted upon us, never did and it is a massive train wreck waiting to happen as we can see the missing bridges ahead, despite all Obama's and others railing in support of this monstrosity and with a 3000 page bill and 10 thousand regulations quickly trying to paper over those gaps... Obamacare could easily be interpreted as a means to take this country down to its knees, either as a planned strategy or, somehow, by pure accident of shallow good intentions. Either way, surely you know it has so many disjointed moving parts that it cannot work. Even Rube Goldberg could not put all this together into a comical working contraption.
The majority say they don't want Obamacare...but they like the separate parts that are in it. The fact that it hasn't taken effect yet is a bit premature to say it's not working.

BTW, have you read the Affordable Care Act? I have and its not 3000 pages long with 10K regulations. It's only 906 pages and fairly easy to read if you care to actually read it so you can have a more informed opinion.....

Text of H.R. 3590 (111th): Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Passed Congress/Enrolled Bill version) - GovTrack.us

The constant refrain by the 0 that it was like that when he got there, that GWB did it, has grown stale. The idea that the last administration, now being the Obama Administration, left this to the current Administration, also an Obama Administration, must be admitted finally. We are far more in deficit and debt, far less liked/respected by friend and foe around the world, we are far more racially divided than in all the last five or six administrations put together. The loss of our progress in this area itself is appalling.
You are extremely misinformed. The deficit has been shrinking at a faster rate than at any time since WW2....

U.S. Deficit Shrinking At Fastest Pace Since WWII, Before Fiscal Cliff - Investors.com

The public debt has leveled out to a managable level and the CBO cut it's projections in half. At the end of fiscal year 2012 the debt was 73% of GDP.....

Long-Term Budget Outlook Remains Challenging, But Recent Legislation Has Made It More Manageable — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

The US is a lot more respected now than it was under Bush...

Chapter 2. Global Opinion of Barack Obama | Pew Global Attitudes Project

Then you add the Libyan War, the massive leaks of information relating to how our government is keeping a "blind eye" on everyone, just in case, the lies in Benghazi, the IRS/FEC scandals, Fast and Furious, the continuous high end vacations, the "I know better than you what to eat, what to drive, how you should live your life" ... that kind of governing? I understand to a certain degree and do not mind you folks following Obama so sycophantically, just do not know why you would expect the rest of us thinking folks to have to do so.

The only complaint of yours that's valid is the government spying on US citizens. The rest is just mindless partisan hackery. If you want to run around like a chicken little thats your business...but I prefer to be informed and make up my own mind.

I love when Obama lovers claim that the US is more respected now. That often means that the current leader is less likely to push the Pro-American agenda than the last guy. Liberals think our president should kowtow to foreign interests than Conservatives usually do. Obama is an appeaser

Back
Top Bottom