• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why am I here

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
The response I get to different threads I start in here has me wondering WTF. I start a thread on the royal baby and it goes through the roof. Another on Holder defying the supreme court and lowering standards for cops to the point where an F is a passing grade and get virtually no response. Another on why gas prices are still high received a token response. Another on how pro solar people are anti mining although solar panels are the root cause of a mining boom and get 0 response. Maybe I should start a thread on did Mickey Mouse cheat on Minnie. I am beginning to wonder why I am here. I'm sure some will say don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.:lol:

The response I get to different threads I start in here has me wondering WTF. I start a thread on the royal baby and it goes through the roof. Another on Holder defying the supreme court and lowering standards for cops to the point where an F is a passing grade and get virtually no response. Another on why gas prices are still high received a token response. Another on how pro solar people are anti mining although solar panels are the root cause of a mining boom and get 0 response. Maybe I should start a thread on did Mickey Mouse cheat on Minnie. I am beginning to wonder why I am here. I'm sure some will say don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.:lol:

ignore them sawyer

they will claim it is just internet :lol:

You must stick to the racial injustice in the US and why (conservative?) whitey is to blame for any and all failure in society. Start one of those, as many have, and you can watch it explode with comments. ;)

Masochism.

Well, since you have made this thread about yourself rather than any actual topic, it appears for all the world that your reason for being here is to receive attention.

I generally think those with a brain are here merely to see how ignorant and apathetic people have become. Lord knows most don't even know what 'debate' really is, so you can't count on that happening most often.

I have my in depth political discussions elsewhere as to avoid the aggravating autocratic liberal trolls. It is almost a Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hyde thing between sites for me as folks here do not grasp Socratic learning and have to run to their memes. It is fun aggravating them though.

Welcome to America!

I generally think those with a brain are here merely to see how ignorant and apathetic people have become. Lord knows most don't even know what 'debate' really is, so you can't count on that happening most often.

arbo ,what kind of people know how to debate ?:lol:

You must stick to the racial injustice in the US and why (conservative?) whitey is to blame for any and all failure in society. Start one of those, as many have, and you can watch it explode with comments. ;)

Well, those kinds of posts immediately bring out the racists to deny their racism and the Conservatives to play the victim card, which they absolutely love. Not surprising.

You can never tell what topic will take off. My biggest to date was one about a "peanut butter and banana sandwich". :think:

What we know to be important subjects don't always invoke debate depending on how controversial they are and how we present them. For example, if I start a thread about the National Deficit/Debt and say "it's going to take an improving economy, tax increases and reduced spending to get a fiscally responsible budget", I wouldn't get much response because that's all true and not very debatable. But if I say "the reason we have run away spending are socialized Welfare programs, illegal immigration and entitlements, which will require more tax cuts for industry and increased defense spending" it would start an uproar of supporters and detractors. Without appealing to polarizing ideologies there isn't much to get emotional and argue about.

Again, if I say the Zimmerman/Martin incident was a tragedy all around, nothing stirring. But if I pick one of the two people involved and strongly support their defense, then we're off!

I have my in depth political discussions elsewhere as to avoid the aggravating autocratic liberal trolls. It is almost a Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hyde thing between sites for me as folks here do not grasp Socratic learning and have to run to their memes. It is fun aggravating them though.

Since you claim to be an Independent, I assume you have just as much aggravation with autocratic and arrogant conservative trolls? Or does your Independent aggravation only lean one way?

Well, those kinds of posts immediately bring out the racists to deny their racism and the Conservatives to play the victim card, which they absolutely love. Not surprising.

the times when l see wiggen post like :lol:this

Since you claim to be an Independent, I assume you have just as much aggravation with autocratic and arrogant conservative trolls? Or does your Independent aggravation only lean one way?

Well early on I think the first people I blocked here were mostly conservatives and then I realized, hell I don't want to be associated with these democratic underground liberals so the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I think most of the regular conservatives here are more libertarian in nature than autocratic which makes them somewhat more tolerable.

You can never tell what topic will take off. My biggest to date was one about a "peanut butter and banana sandwich". :think:

What we know to be important subjects don't always invoke debate depending on how controversial they are and how we present them. For example, if I start a thread about the National Deficit/Debt and say "it's going to take an improving economy, tax increases and reduced spending to get a fiscally responsible budget", I wouldn't get much response because that's all true and not very debatable. But if I say "the reason we have run away spending are socialized Welfare programs, illegal immigration and entitlements, which will require more tax cuts for industry and increased defense spending" it would start an uproar of supporters and detractors. Without appealing to polarizing ideologies there isn't much to get emotional and argue about.

Again, if I say the Zimmerman/Martin incident was a tragedy all around, nothing stirring. But if I pick one of the two people involved and strongly support their defense, then we're off!

Good points. Think I'll just lay off starting threads for a while and just respond to others attempts to stimulate conversation. Batter up. :lol:

Good points. Think I'll just lay off starting threads for a while and just respond to others attempts to stimulate conversation. Batter up. :lol:

When I first joined, I made a bunch of partisan comments, left and right and got jumped on more than a circus trampoline.

For instance, I believe everyone thinks gun violence is a problem. It's the solution that varies so much. Restrict guns and violate rights, encourage more self defense and end up with a flooded court system.

When I first joined, I made a bunch of partisan comments, left and right and got jumped on more than a circus trampoline.

For instance, I believe everyone thinks gun violence is a problem. It's the solution that varies so much. Restrict guns and violate rights, encourage more self defense and end up with a flooded court system.

If you can tick off both sides in one post, you have succeeded. :wink:

If you can tick off both sides in one post, you have succeeded. :wink:

I can easily do it in one thread because I'm usually for a compromise.

Back
Top Bottom