• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why all these ads on FOX?

What's so odd? Their audience apparently buys gold. Big deal. Disney Channel's audience buys Justin Bieber downloads and silly bands so that's where those commercials are. Companies advertise to their consumers. That's not odd...that's smart business.

They are creating consumers which drives gold prices even higher. One day it will all come crashing down.

I was at my in-law's house last week and they're big FOX watchers, but I noticed something that was...weird.

There were a staggering number of ads for gold buying. Literally 3 or 4 every commercial break.

I started paying attention over the next couple of times I went over and it's the same thing.

Why does FOX, and I've only seen it on FOX, run SO many gold ads?

Perhaps because Fox News has the biggest audience in the nation and BIG business find it the right place for advertising??. Wouldn't you do the same thing if you were the owner of a big company??

I've never understood why the folks who constantly complain about FOX... are always tuned in.

I've never understood why the folks who constantly complain about FOX... are always tuned in.

They watch Fox so they can improve on their frustrations??

Perhaps because Fox News has the biggest audience in the nation and BIG business find it the right place for advertising??. Wouldn't you do the same thing if you were the owner of a big company??

Depends on what is being sold.

I was at my in-law's house last week and they're big FOX watchers, but I noticed something that was...weird.

There were a staggering number of ads for gold buying. Literally 3 or 4 every commercial break.

I started paying attention over the next couple of times I went over and it's the same thing.

Why does FOX, and I've only seen it on FOX, run SO many gold ads?

Moot said:
FoxNews is hemoraging paid sponsers because of Glenn Beck....

More than 200 companies have joined a boycott of Beck’s program, making it difficult for Fox to sell ads. The time has instead been sold to smaller firms offering such products as Kaopectate, Carbonite, 1-800-PetMeds and Goldline International. A handful of advertisers, such as Apple, have abandoned Fox altogether. Network executives say they believe they could charge higher rates if the host were more widely acceptable to advertisers. Think Progress » Apple and other advertisers have ‘abandoned’ Fox News because of Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck is a paid shill for Goldline during his radio program and then during his FoxNews show he tells his audience the dollar is going to collapse and that gold is their best hedge against hyper inflation and then of course the Goldline ads appear during the breaks. It's a blatant conflict of interest, not to mention Beck uses a distortion of historical fact to sell Goldline which is false advertising. Goldline is under investigation in California and soon to be by the FTC.

Glenn Beck's Golden Fleece | Mother Jones

Goldline, Meet Reps. Weiner and Waxman | Mother Jones

Glenn Beck's Goldline International Under Investigation for Ripping People Off

So basically, Goldline is supporting FoxNews and FoxNews is letting Goldline rip off their audience. Phew, what a racket.

There is a large overlap between the fox demographic and people who buy gold demographic, especially considering some fox people directly or indirectly promote gold. Pretty much how all television advertising works. You play the ads the people most likely to buy your product. For another example, you get a similar amount of obnoxious Girls Gone Wild commercials watching comedy central at 11.

I think there's a combination of things going on here:

1. FoxNews has had to scramble for advertisers for the reasons outlined in Moot's post, and;

2. Obviously, FoxNews viewers are responding to said Goldline advertising.

Whether those who have invested in Goldline are true investors or they are just buyers responding out of heightened fears in the economy or government policies is still to be determined. Based on what's been espoused in another threads concerning Glenn Beck's association w/Goldline, all I can say is, "let the buyer beware".

Last edited:
Depends on what is being sold.

I wouldn't use Fox if I was pushing drugs, that's for sure.

This is a free country and companies have the right of advertise anywhere they want to. Watch CNN and MSNBC, they also run some gold ads. How come these TV companies are not mentioned??? Because Liberals hate Fox.

This is a free country and companies have the right of advertise anywhere they want to. Watch CNN and MSNBC, they also run some gold ads. How come these TV companies are not mentioned??? Because Liberals hate Fox.

I don't watch any of those channels :D
Is the number of ads similar?

I usually watch CNBC the channel that touts it self as having the wealthiest demographic. And yes it is a free country where advertisers can boycott certain programs or channels like many have done with Fox.

Easy. The price of gold is above $1200 an ounce. It has never been this high. If heroin sold for $1200 an ounce, Murdoch's minions would try to make THAT legal to sell, too.

Regards from Rosie

Pure heroin costs $28,000 per ounce. Street cut smack sells for $2,500-5,000 per ounce.

What were you saying again?

Back
Top Bottom