• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why all the hate directed at Glenn Beck?

And the nobles and peasants who believed in the divine rights of monarchy would have the same attitude about your beliefs. See my point?

Everyone who has a philosophy tends to think their philosophy is the best one for whatever reason. However, in the end, its all subjective.

Dude, I got your point. :roll:

But it's still true that the only people who would "disdain" my views are brutal statists, and that would absolutely be a step or two backwards to "primitive."

Dude, I got your point. :roll:

But it's still true that the only people who would "disdain" my views are brutal statists, and that would absolutely be a step or two backwards to "primitive."

Interesting, you say you got the point, and than your next statement betrays the fact that you seem to not have.

Last edited:
How does he act as if it's fact? Does he need to say "IMO" after his opinions everytime? LOL!

He should stop building on this "opinion" to prove his deeper points for one. We need facts for that kind of stuff.

And the people who would ignore the divine right of kings are horrible traitors who are not following God's plan!

Yeah, except brutal statism has been tried, it was horrible, and more than a hundred million people died at the hands of their own governments. If that's a simple difference in viewpoint to you, then so be it.

Yeah, except brutal statism has been tried, it was horrible, and more than a hundred million people died at the hands of their own governments. If that's a simple difference in viewpoint to you, then so be it.

Dude, I am not so egotistical to think that I know the best thing for humanity, that is something each person and culture has to decide for themselves based on their own beliefs and values. I have my ideas, but the only rightful thing I can do is lead my own life because that's all I can morally control. I can seek the influence society, but I have no right to dictate. So while yes, some types of social organization may be more or less efficient than others (and I think there are some major inefficiencies with the idea of minimal government and strong capitalism in that it cannot support a large population, and dead is dead, no matter if someone kills or someone starves to death because society is messed up, both suck equally). So, yes, in a sense, it is a very small difference when you look at the number of deaths, life expectancy, and whatever it is we must do to preserve our fellow people from horrible situations.

Also, we are derailing the thread, we can continue this somewhere else if you wish.

Last edited:
Dude, I am not so egotistical to think that I know the best thing for humanity, that is something each person and culture has to decide for themselves based on their own beliefs and values. I have my ideas, but the only rightful thing I can do is lead my own life because that's all I can morally control. I can seek the influence society, but I have no right to dictate. So while yes, some types of social organization may be more or less efficient than others (and I think there are some major inefficiencies with the idea of minimal government and strong capitalism in that it cannot support a large population, and dead is dead, no matter if someone kills or someone starves to death because society is messed up, both suck equally). So, yes, in a sense, it is a very small difference when you look at the number of deaths, life expectancy, and whatever it is we must do to preserve our fellow people from horrible situations.

Also, we are derailing the thread, we can continue this somewhere else if you wish.

:roll: Whatever.

Looks like we can get back on topic than. Sorry for the hijack Mellie.

How noble.

The "whatever" was in reference to your stolen bases as to my views, the logical leaps of your historical analysis, and then, after all of that, jumping into the self-serving escape pod of "oh, but we're derailing the thread" after it was YOU who threw the switch to get us there.

How noble.

The "whatever" was in reference to your stolen bases as to my views, the logical leaps of your historical analysis, and then, after all of that, jumping into the self-serving escape pod of "oh, but we're derailing the thread" after it was YOU who threw the switch to get us there.

If you wish to refute me, go ahead. Saying whatever contributes nothing.

Also, I am amused at your attempt to characterize my concern for derailing the thread. The OP is actually quite interesting.

Last edited:
All pundits are hated, especially if they're popular.

All pundits are hated, especially if they're popular.

Generalization, since it's already been stated repeatedly that I'd have to muster up more 'give a ****' to hate the man. Also, he's a political entertainer, and a crap one at that. He'd need some brains to qualify as a pundit.

Although I don't hate Glenn Beck I am perplexed why so many fall for his lies and propaganda.

He thinks that the white male is the one who is REALLY oppressed. I'm a white male and I strongly disagree to say the least.

Last year he was warning us that eugenics were coming. Let me know when that happens. :roll:

He thinks Obama is trying to Cloward-Piven the economy. :roll:

I was dx with paranoid schizophrenia 11 years ago and I'm nowhere near as paranoid as Beck. (And no that is not me in my avatar :lol: )

I mean really, how many times can this guy set his hair on fire?

Last edited:
I didn't even know who Glenn Beck was until I started seeing posts about him on DP. That is how insignificant he is to my life.

Honestly, all the people who talk about how much they hate him... if they would simply stop posting about him, his name would mostly disappear from this site.

There are like 4 threads happening now about him and I just find it annoying and counter-productive.

He thinks that the white male is the one who is REALLY oppressed.

Where do you get that from? Seriously.....I listen to him everyday and the stuff you all come up with I've never heard from him ever.

He thinks Obama is trying to Cloward-Piven the economy. :roll:

What is the Cloward-Piven model and how is he NOT implementing it?

I honestly am having trouble understanding the level of hate directed at Glenn Beck. I can understand not really liking him, but the HATE toward this man is incredible. Where is that coming from? What has he done or what is he doing that causes you to have such strong emotions about him?

oh that's easy mellie: he's a threat to them. people listen to him. and, generally, people are tending to agree with him. we are witnessing a right-ward movement in this country right now, and rather than deal with what might actually be causing that (ie: the massive failure of left-wing policies), folks prefer to denigrate those who don't believe them. if you are a racist, idiotic, narcissicist windbag, then i'm not responsible for debating you. if the country is full of racist homophobic nativists who are afraid of the future, then we haven't lost any arguments; we simply can't be held responsible for what they do, etc.

the left wing feels their 'ascendancy' that they celebrated in 2008 slipping fast; and so they react to that. you know how they're always accusing him of 'emotionalizing' issues? they're projecting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom